Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

"Failed to get message of the day!" error running MMCC3

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support >> "Failed to get message of the day!" error running MMCC3 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"Failed to get message of the day!" error run... - 3/3/2007 11:18:42 AM   
Waffen_88

Well, since the single player campaign crashed I figured I'd try MMCC3, which sounds very cool.

The single player version of MMCC3 worked fine.

I installed the multiplayer mod, launched MMCC3 got the welcome message ("Welcome to MMCIII for Cross of Iron..."), chose a side and a name and then got to the connection screen.

Entered: 204.13.13.17 (as per the welcome message), port 2108 (I tried 2109 and 2110 as well), hit the connect button and I get this popup:

"Failed to get message of the day!"
java.io.EOFException:
null
java.io.EOFException
at java/io/DataInputStream.readByte
at CC3Message.compatibleMsgVersion
at CC3Message.prepToReceive
at CC3Message.getMOD
at ClientConnector.instGetMOD
at ClientConnector.getMOD
at UpdateThread.run

I then return to the connection screen.

I am running behind a hardware router but have disabled all my software firewalls. Any suggestions?

I must say I am disappointed with the Multiplayer support. It really seems as if CSO Simtek didn't update this stuff at all from the origional CC3 code, which was outdated at the time and didn't deal well with even simple network topology. It seems to me that an integrated and updated multiplayer engine would have been a high priority, but I'm sure there were tradeoffs to make.

Are there plans to update the code/MMCC3 integration to make it more, umm, usable? As it is you would have to really, really like this game (as I do) in order to put up with the headache of getting this thing going. I would like to pull some of my mainstream gamer friends into this, but they won't give something like this a second glance. A shame really.

Kevin
Post #: 1
RE: "Failed to get message of the day!" error... - 3/3/2007 12:22:51 PM   
Waffen_88

As a followup to my own post, I found more information on this subject in this thread:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1380491&mpage=1&key=

It seems as if the problem here is running Windows 2000. I tried installing this on another machine running Win XP and it appears to work (unfortunately, this machine is at work, and I play from home).

So I suppose us 2000 users will either have to upgrade or wait until this problem is found.

Kevin

(in reply to Waffen_88)
Post #: 2
RE: "Failed to get message of the day!" error... - 3/3/2007 1:07:58 PM   
Andrew Williams

I haven't been able to use MMCC3 with win2000 for 5 years.

Any other OS I've tried is fine...win95,98,Xp

< Message edited by schrecken -- 3/3/2007 1:23:13 PM >

(in reply to Waffen_88)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support >> "Failed to get message of the day!" error running MMCC3 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI