Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC Game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC Game Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 10/27/2006 2:47:37 AM   
Zorachus99

a large lcd tv will have to support a PC being hooked up.

The minimum readable resolution of my 55" lcd TV is 720p. Resolution at 1080i is terrible with a 30hz refresh rate. At 30hz movies look fine, and the resampling definitely is a bonus for either DVD's or Divx/Xvid.

For widescreen 720x1280 is the resolution most likely used (this is from memory). My screen tends to display 648x1164 best however (overscan from the TV).

The idea of 1080x1920 sounds good, and is definitely a serviceable area, but I don't know any video cards that drive a 1080p signal. Not impossible however...

From 12' 720p is so much more readable though.

(in reply to Fred98)
Post #: 271
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 10/27/2006 3:44:31 AM   
Fred98

I really don't know what all that means.  But I picked up bits and pieces. Please fill in the gaps.

To play this game a monitor needs to have a minimum refresh rate of-----[........]

To play this game the screen resolution of your monitor should be a minimum of-----[.......]

The video card needs to drive a signal to the TV screen and technically the problem is-----[........]

(in reply to Zorachus99)
Post #: 272
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 10/27/2006 3:45:29 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorachus99

The minimum readable resolution of my 55" lcd TV is 720p. Resolution at 1080i is terrible with a 30hz refresh rate. At 30hz movies look fine, and the resampling definitely is a bonus for either DVD's or Divx/Xvid.

For widescreen 720x1280 is the resolution most likely used (this is from memory). My screen tends to display 648x1164 best however (overscan from the TV).

The idea of 1080x1920 sounds good, and is definitely a serviceable area, but I don't know any video cards that drive a 1080p signal. Not impossible however...

I was gonig to post a reply to Joe but after reading yours, I am appalled by my ignorance.

So I'll just say that I am designing for 1024 pixels wide by 768 pixels high, with support for larger widths and heights. The program 'reads' from the operating internals what resolution you have the screen/monitor(s) set for, rather than imposing a resolution.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Zorachus99)
Post #: 273
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 10/27/2006 8:23:51 AM   
Zorachus99

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorachus99

I was gonig to post a reply to Joe but after reading yours, I am appalled by my ignorance.

So I'll just say that I am designing for 1024 pixels wide by 768 pixels high, with support for larger widths and heights. The program 'reads' from the operating internals what resolution you have the screen/monitor(s) set for, rather than imposing a resolution.

I just posted twice and got them eaten but some browser bug. I'm very tired and don't have the temperment to rewrite all the information again.

A VERY short summary:

If your PC is hooked up to your HDTV: This is with component video (RGB), DVI, VGA, or HDMI.

Your output can be:

720p: 1280x720 progressive 60hz signal. Note this does not meet the minimum requirements
1080i: 1920x1080 interlaced 30hz signal. Looks terrible for everything but movies.
1080p: 1920x1080 progressive 60hz signal. This is not supported by many HDTVs however.
Non-Standard values are supported by some HDTV's.
Some HDTV's support virtual desktops where the resolution is higher than can be displayed by the TV. Hence you scroll around your desktop.

Gah... so much typing lost. I hit Ctrl-C this time...

Most men can survive adversity, the true test of a man's character is power. -Abraham Lincoln

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 274
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 10/27/2006 10:25:21 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

Z.

If I am going to enter a lot of text, I usually write it in a text editor and then copy and paste it to the 'reply'.

Sometimes I see that I am writing more than I thought I would in a post, so I do a quick select all and cut and paste it into the editor.

Experience is a harsh teacher. And paranoia isn't paranoia if there are people (or systems) out to get you.

Steve

(in reply to Zorachus99)
Post #: 275
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 10/27/2006 10:52:20 AM   
amwild

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe 98

I really don't know what all that means.  But I picked up bits and pieces. Please fill in the gaps.

To play this game a monitor needs to have a minimum refresh rate of-----[........]

To play this game the screen resolution of your monitor should be a minimum of-----[.......]

The video card needs to drive a signal to the TV screen and technically the problem is-----[........]

Refresh rate refers to the number of times per second the display refreshes all the pixels. On a CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) monitor, 60 Hz means that the display is refreshed 60 times per second, and for most good quality PC monitors, this is on the low side, and the display may seem to flicker a little. 85+ Hz is much better. This is because between the times the electron beams excite the monitor phosphors, the light emitted from the phosphors fades a little. The faster the refresh, the less fade. Of course, on TVs, the phosphors are made to retain energy a bit longer, so a TV display may still not have significant flicker at a lower refresh rate, but in the case of objects on screen moving rapidly, there may be a little ghosting - where old images take time to fade. Plasma screens operate in a similar manner.
LCD monitors are not sensitive in this manner to refresh rates since the pixels do not spontaneously change state the way CRT phosphors do. Thus they do not suffer from flicker. However, LCDs have response times typically ranging from 25ms or lower. The higher response times mean that in games where objects move quickly, the monitor suffers from ghosting proportional to its response time. For this sort of gaming, a response time of 8ms or less is recommended.
As an example, I have a CRT monitor next to an LCD monitor. The CRT's refresh rate is 85 Hz, while the LCD's is 60 Hz.
Refresh rate is set in Windows by right-clicking on the desktop, selecting Properties, clicking the Settings tab on the Display Properties dialog, then the Advanced button and the Monitor tab. The Screen Refresh Rate may then be changed.
Screen Refresh Rate does not affect the way software runs, it only affects the display quality. If you have a CRT (or plasma) monitor, use the highest refresh rate you can as long as the monitor still works. Different CRT monitors have different upper limits on refresh rates. If you have an LCD monitor, use the lowest refresh rate, since it means that your video card is doing a little less work.

Screen resolution is the number of pixels it is displaying. MWiF uses a minimum of 1024x768, which means that the screen needs at least 1024 pixels across by 768 down. Again, this is set in the Windows display properties/Settings tab. Unlike refresh rate, this setting does affect windowed applications like MWiF. The higher the resolution, the more pixels on the screen, but the smaller all the details (like the text and graphics) will appear. You need to choose a resolution to balance between fitting the required information on the screen and having everything so small that you need a magnifying glass to see it. In general, the larger the monitor, the higher the resolution you can use it to display. LCD monitors differ from CRT monitors in that they are digital rather than analogue. Where a CRT monitor uses several phosphor dots to display any pixel, LCDs have an optimum maximum resolution, and can lose quality if a screen resolution is used that is not an even multiple of its own maximum resolution.
My CRT and LCD monitors are both 19 inches diagonally, and I run them both at 1280x1024. My LCD's resolution is 1280x1024, so if I tried to run it at a lower resolution other than 640x512, it would look a bit odd, as the monitor would have to interpolate to decide which screen pixels would be used to display each image pixel.

The Video Card driving a 1080p signal means that the video card must be capable of outputting a 1920x1080 pixel screen resolution. There are plenty of video cards that can output that resolution to a PC monitor via a VGA or DVI cable. I don't know myself what resolutions video cards can output on a tv/hdtv-out port.

(in reply to Fred98)
Post #: 276
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 12/17/2006 12:09:56 AM   
jerome

This is my first post on the forum.

I'm impressed by the level of commitment behind this project. I wish all the team great success in the design and development of this promising game. A release within 12 months would be nice.

INMHO, "Cheat Mode" should be included. Not to actually cheat. Just to "adapt" things if needed (I understand any "cheat mode" can unbalance the AI if not used with care).

I remember in Third Reich PC, the program was not deducting the 25BRPs for the loss of the Baltic States (I don't remember if it was omitting the calculation or removing twice the amount 50BRPs). If you invest a huge amount of time in a full campaign, you don't want to get your fun spoiled by a rule incident or a minor bug... If such a problem occurs in MWIF, you should be able to do something...

Moreover, the game should be as flexible as possible.
Let say you "disagree" with the amount of BPs/resources, you should be able to add/remove BPs/resources from any nation at anytime if necessary. Probably not on the map but at least in the available totals.
If you want to change the ratings of a unit. it should be possible to do it or at least manipulate combat ratios/hit columns, reroll dice...
It should also be possible, at the start of the game, to sligthly modify combat charts, force pools...

Harry keeps saying no one is playing WiF exactly the same way... Everyone is using a few home rules. That's what makes this game unique. If there is one or two things you don't like in the design, just modify them (or, in the case of MWIF, just avoid them or create some kind of compensation).

If it doesn't eat too much resources in the develoment of the game, this matter should be looked at.

(in reply to amwild)
Post #: 277
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 12/17/2006 2:31:44 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: jerome

This is my first post on the forum.

I'm impressed by the level of commitment behind this project. I wish all the team great success in the design and development of this promising game. A release within 12 months would be nice.

INMHO, "Cheat Mode" should be included. Not to actually cheat. Just to "adapt" things if needed (I understand any "cheat mode" can unbalance the AI if not used with care).

I remember in Third Reich PC, the program was not deducting the 25BRPs for the loss of the Baltic States (I don't remember if it was omitting the calculation or removing twice the amount 50BRPs). If you invest a huge amount of time in a full campaign, you don't want to get your fun spoiled by a rule incident or a minor bug... If such a problem occurs in MWIF, you should be able to do something...

Moreover, the game should be as flexible as possible.
Let say you "disagree" with the amount of BPs/resources, you should be able to add/remove BPs/resources from any nation at anytime if necessary. Probably not on the map but at least in the available totals.
If you want to change the ratings of a unit. it should be possible to do it or at least manipulate combat ratios/hit columns, reroll dice...
It should also be possible, at the start of the game, to sligthly modify combat charts, force pools...

Harry keeps saying no one is playing WiF exactly the same way... Everyone is using a few home rules. That's what makes this game unique. If there is one or two things you don't like in the design, just modify them (or, in the case of MWIF, just avoid them or create some kind of compensation).

If it doesn't eat too much resources in the develoment of the game, this matter should be looked at.

Welcome.

Providing variations in the rules et al is not part of my task for MWIF product 1. There are some files that I have set up as comma separated values files (CSVs) which the players can modify before a game begins. However, I have not made it a design feature to provide all the various tables in WIF as CSV files. My standard explanation is that I am creating MWIF (Matrix Games' WIF FE for the computer) and not a WIF design kit. The latter is a much more difficult task. [There are 80 optional rules already].

As for changing parameters during play, that is in conflict with my desire to provide players with a game where their opponent(s) are unable to cheat. Yes, I know that modifying simulation parameters during play is a common practice in computer games. But that opens gaping holes in the security of the game.

As for program flaws/bugs making a long investment in playing a game 'worthless' because it crashes (or misbehaves in any of numerous ways), that is my #1 paranoia, and I am working hard to prevent it. Letting a player go into data variables while a game is in progress and 'tweak' them is virtually guaranteed to create bugs by the thousands (literally).

Steve

(in reply to jerome)
Post #: 278
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 12/18/2006 12:09:53 AM   
mlees

One of the features of Face to face play is the "mulligan", or "do-over".

Long story short, in MWIF, the game engine should not allow a player to make an "illegal" move, and production totals are calculated by the game engine (the two most common human error areas), so the need for "mulligans" is greatly reduced.

The only thing that I can think of that jerome might need this kind of control is if he wished to set up a MWIF game to match an AAR, or an ongoing face to face game for his planning needs and/or entertainment. (What other possibilities am I forgetting?)

As far as I know, it will not be possible to do this, correct?

(For ongoing MWIF games, save files can be emailed. But to set up a game without the benefit of such a file... what are our options?)

Post #: 279
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 12/18/2006 5:58:37 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: mlees

One of the features of Face to face play is the "mulligan", or "do-over".

Long story short, in MWIF, the game engine should not allow a player to make an "illegal" move, and production totals are calculated by the game engine (the two most common human error areas), so the need for "mulligans" is greatly reduced.

The only thing that I can think of that jerome might need this kind of control is if he wished to set up a MWIF game to match an AAR, or an ongoing face to face game for his planning needs and/or entertainment. (What other possibilities am I forgetting?)

As far as I know, it will not be possible to do this, correct?

(For ongoing MWIF games, save files can be emailed. But to set up a game without the benefit of such a file... what are our options?)

MWIF product 1 has no provision for "creating scenarios" beyond the 11 standard scenarios defined in WIF FE.

The details are quite numerous for creating a scenario, it depends heavily on the optional rules selected, and the sequence of tasks that have to be performed is rigidly defined because of their high interdependency. It took me a long time to create the code & data for the 6 scenarios I have done (CWIF had 3 done), I still hve 2 left to do, and there are some missing pieces remaining to be done for all the scenarios (e.g., units for Cruisers and Convoys in Flames, factories "en route" at the start of a scenario).

Though you might view "setting up a position" as something different from creating a new scenario, in practice, they are equivalent: which countries are at war, who controls what territory, which US Entry options have been chosen, what chits have been drawn for US entry and neutrality pacts, which units are where, where is the initiative marker, etc..

Steve

(in reply to mlees)
Post #: 280
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 12/18/2006 5:47:15 PM   
wfzimmerman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

It took me a long time to create the code & data for the 6 scenarios I have done (CWIF had 3 done), I still hve 2 left to do, and there are some missing pieces remaining to be done for all the scenarios (e.g., units for Cruisers and Convoys in Flames, factories "en route" at the start of a scenario).

Will the additional scenarios be working in 4.00?

Post #: 281
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 12/18/2006 6:38:04 PM   
mlees

quote:

MWIF product 1 has no provision for "creating scenarios" beyond the 11 standard scenarios defined in WIF FE.

The details are quite numerous for creating a scenario...<snip>

That's what I feared. I apologise for making you repeat that, 'cause I'm fairly sure you've said as much in the past.

Thanks!

Post #: 282
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 12/20/2006 6:02:52 AM   
HughJardqok

I believe that what Sgt. Les has said here rings very true. I have been unable to complete an entire game because of the sheer enourmity of this game as a tabletop version ( tied up the garage for three months and we still didn't get very far, how do you get five guys together long enough to complete the war? ), because trying to finish it one on one with the original beta it would crash after a couple of months, and because I haven't found the time to finish it using the Vassal engine and PBEM, but... I really want to have a playable computer based version of the original, AI is secondary, I am more concerned with having all the pieces available from the "fianl" edition and the expansions, SiF, PiF, MiF, AiF, CarrierPiF, maybe all the way down to convoys, with my main need for smooth interface being: choosing options at the start automatically puts the right forces in your force pool, and force pool additions sorted automatically at the end of each year, supply trails tracked (especially for handling convoy points for limited overseas supply and production step), ZOC's, I think it is important that you have to add up your own factors and make your attack based on your own math for the hex in question and then commit and choose your table then the comp actually works out the final odds and you roll a very functional and truly random number generator and apply your consequences, PBEM and Six person hotseat!, that's it. I'll buy it.

(in reply to Les_the_Sarge_9_1)
Post #: 283
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 12/20/2006 8:01:15 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: HughJardqok
I believe that what Sgt. Les has said here rings very true. I have been unable to complete an entire game because of the sheer enourmity of this game as a tabletop version ( tied up the garage for three months and we still didn't get very far, how do you get five guys together long enough to complete the war? ), because trying to finish it one on one with the original beta it would crash after a couple of months, and because I haven't found the time to finish it using the Vassal engine and PBEM, but... I really want to have a playable computer based version of the original, AI is secondary, I am more concerned with having all the pieces available from the "fianl" edition and the expansions, SiF, PiF, MiF, AiF, CarrierPiF, maybe all the way down to convoys, with my main need for smooth interface being: choosing options at the start automatically puts the right forces in your force pool, and force pool additions sorted automatically at the end of each year, supply trails tracked (especially for handling convoy points for limited overseas supply and production step), ZOC's, I think it is important that you have to add up your own factors and make your attack based on your own math for the hex in question and then commit and choose your table then the comp actually works out the final odds and you roll a very functional and truly random number generator and apply your consequences, PBEM and Six person hotseat!, that's it. I'll buy it.

Welcome.

You might want to read the thread named Directory - at least the first post therein. The thread on Optional Rules should be of interest to you too, since it lists the units from the different expansion modules that will be in MWIF product 1. I also recommend the tutorial threads because they show screen shots of both the map and units and describe the differences between MWIF and WIF FE (the board game version).

As for calculating odds in your head in advance of declaring a combat, I strongly suspect you are in the minority. Anyway, the program does that for you once you (provisionally) commit units to an attack. However, you can change your mind and 'undo' an attack. You are not fully committed until you press the button that says you have entered all the land combat you want to make.

Steve

(in reply to HughJardqok)
Post #: 284
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 12/28/2006 4:33:56 AM   
trees

That's why I like fractional odds...throw everything you possibly can at the most important hex, then add it up later and see what you get. Improves your play and speeds up decision making, as long as you are good at deciding which is the most important hex.

Post #: 285
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 12/29/2006 9:31:01 AM   
coregames

quote:

ORIGINAL: trees

That's why I like fractional odds...throw everything you possibly can at the most important hex, then add it up later and see what you get. Improves your play and speeds up decision making, as long as you are good at deciding which is the most important hex.

This is true trees, I never thought of it that way -- it would at first appear that using fractional odds would slow the game down, but by making factor counting less important, it may actually save time and speed play. You've convinced me: my local group should use that next time we play.

"The creative combination lays bare the presumption of a lie." -- Lasker

Keith Henderson

(in reply to trees)
Post #: 286
RE: Uncertainty - 12/29/2006 10:28:47 AM   
ravinhood

I myself like options and many variables to wargames I buy nowadays. I don't really want just a carbon copy of the board game, but, more options to turn it into more ways to play it. I like the idea of a 1933 start date and I like the idea of it being also historically accurate or inline with the board game. I like choices as to how I might want to play it. I want difficulty levels that I can change by sliders or numerical inputs like a Combat Mission or SPWAW. I want these setting for individual Majors, so I can tweak power where I think the game needs it (especially for the AI) and lower it for myself. I never liked static difficulty settings or hardcoded settings. I like to see more wargames take on the like of a chess match as well or once again at least that choice. Where all things being equal to start and then it's up to the skill of the player and not the history to decide who wins or loses.

I'm sure it's rather too late for any of this to be of any value, but, that's just what I like to see in wargames nowadays. VARIETY instead of boring Simulations. Forge of Freedom brings out that quality I think in allowing the CSA to finally whoop the snot out of the North. ;)

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 287
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 1/4/2007 9:10:11 AM   
SLAAKMAN

Final Edition, Works Pizza (aif, pif, cif, xif, xif, xif, xif, xif, etc, etc, etc) and absolutely no AI. Leave the AI as an optional patch to be D/L'ed later.

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to Zorachus99)
Post #: 288
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 1/4/2007 5:55:22 PM   
sapper_astro

I have dialup. If the AI is a patch, then no money from me. Must have AI.

Just sayin

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 289
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 1/4/2007 9:03:47 PM   
Ballista

I hope the AI would better be able to be patched a lot (and easily). I feel it will be barely adequate initially, but as more experience is garnered and more folks play against it and its inadequacies are found out, it could be improved over time. And that means patching it. Hopefully this will be as painless a process as possible....

Just sayin'

(in reply to sapper_astro)
Post #: 290
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 1/6/2007 3:39:28 PM   
sapper_astro

Well, it has been in development for a loooong time now. So hopefully the AI will be half decent. There are many wargames here that have managed that after all.

Don't get me wrong, I want a strong PBEM and hotseat included (If anyone else has a preferred variant that i left out, chalk it up to ignorance).

But since I don't have a lot of time to get hold of opponents, the AI is always an important consideration for me.

(in reply to Ballista)
Post #: 291
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 1/6/2007 9:32:58 PM   
Ballista

I'm lucky- my roommate is a WIF player (indeed, introduced me to the game back in the early 90's- the version that didn't have named/numbered unit counters and long before PIF etc etc). This is definitely an unusual situation, so I can understand folks wanting the AI to be included. I'll probably wind up playing both at the same time

< Message edited by Ballista -- 1/6/2007 9:44:14 PM >

(in reply to sapper_astro)
Post #: 292
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 2/18/2007 9:40:58 PM   
Mandro

I think that after waiting so many years for this product to be published, what we want in the game is simple.

1. Keep it as true to the original as possible. Purests want a computer replication of the board game, not some fantasy fiction, what if simulation.

2. Get it out as soon as possible. This delay has frustrated many gaming enthusiasts. WIF is by far the best strategic level recreation of WWII ever designed. The convenience of having the design in a PC format is about 10 years over due.

3. Hot seat mode is essential. Most gamers want to be able to play against friends and family at home.

I owned the original as soon as it was published. What a blast and challenge that game was. The only problem with board games is the time and space required for set up. Computers have made that tedium obselete. The problem with most new game systems is the over-emphasis on real-time play and eye-popping graphics.

Once gamers get their hands on the game, they will offer suggestions for improvement. Improvements can be released as expansion pacs or new releases. The original game is in it's 7th edition, I think. Why not the same here? Sid Meiers' Civilization series should be a case in point. Great system that has been continuosly improved and released over the last 10 years.

Maybe release a demo and get feedback? I don't know, but I'd really like to add this game to my library of PC games.

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 293
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 2/18/2007 11:24:43 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mandro
I think that after waiting so many years for this product to be published, what we want in the game is simple.

1. Keep it as true to the original as possible. Purests want a computer replication of the board game, not some fantasy fiction, what if simulation.

2. Get it out as soon as possible. This delay has frustrated many gaming enthusiasts. WIF is by far the best strategic level recreation of WWII ever designed. The convenience of having the design in a PC format is about 10 years over due.

3. Hot seat mode is essential. Most gamers want to be able to play against friends and family at home.

I owned the original as soon as it was published. What a blast and challenge that game was. The only problem with board games is the time and space required for set up. Computers have made that tedium obselete. The problem with most new game systems is the over-emphasis on real-time play and eye-popping graphics.

Once gamers get their hands on the game, they will offer suggestions for improvement. Improvements can be released as expansion pacs or new releases. The original game is in it's 7th edition, I think. Why not the same here? Sid Meiers' Civilization series should be a case in point. Great system that has been continuosly improved and released over the last 10 years.

Maybe release a demo and get feedback? I don't know, but I'd really like to add this game to my library of PC games.

Thank you for your comments and welcome to the forum.

You might want to read the first post in the Directory thread to get an overview of the forum. And if you search through the thread titles, you'll find some on the maps and units (unit descriptions & unit depictions) as well as a half dozen threads on the introductory tutorials. All suggestions are both read seriously and appreciated.

Steve

(in reply to Mandro)
Post #: 294
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 3/7/2007 11:24:17 PM   
matze

have the game the atomic bomb (usa), biological and chemical weapons (japan) and german v-1/v-2 rockets, defense lines like atlantic wall or maginot line for self building and "wonder weapons" like jet fighters, rocket fighters, super tanks like king tiger, maus etc.?
and PLEASE no simple counters! please unit icons like in world at war...

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 295
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 3/7/2007 11:28:15 PM   
matze

since 7 (!!!!) years the game is in developing??????? when is the release??

matze

(in reply to matze)
Post #: 296
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 3/7/2007 11:48:46 PM   
Froonp

quote:

ORIGINAL: matze

have the game the atomic bomb (usa), biological and chemical weapons (japan) and german v-1/v-2 rockets, defense lines like atlantic wall or maginot line for self building and "wonder weapons" like jet fighters, rocket fighters, super tanks like king tiger, maus etc.?

See your other thread :
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1403805&mpage=1�

(in reply to matze)
Post #: 297
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 3/8/2007 12:55:35 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

since 7 (!!!!) years the game is in developing??????? when is the release??

matze

Actually, Chris Marinacci started in 1996, I believe. It didn't receive much attention from late 2003 to July 2005 when I became lead developer. I've worked on it constantly since then (1 year 8 months).

The monthly posts in the When? thread answer your question about time in more detail.

Steve

(in reply to matze)
Post #: 298
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 3/8/2007 6:50:45 AM   
coregames

quote:

People are going to want to preserve that traditional wargame-like feel, and counters (simple?) help convey that.

< Message edited by coregames -- 3/8/2007 7:09:54 AM >

"The creative combination lays bare the presumption of a lie." -- Lasker

Keith Henderson

(in reply to matze)
Post #: 299
RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC... - 3/9/2007 12:03:43 AM   
Ballista

Chris did a GREAT job (in his own time) and produced a good proto-type with CWIF. Under Shannon's direction he has taken us to the point we are today and has also done a superb job.

A wait of a little while longer will definitely not hurt those of us who have been in for the long haul and will definitely pay off later with folks who aren't even familiar with the project as they see what a great computer game it will be. This game is a computer classic in the making. Enjoy the ride

(in reply to matze)
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: What Do You Think Needs to be in World In Flames PC Game Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI