Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

more scenarios?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> more scenarios? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
more scenarios? - 3/10/2007 3:09:24 AM   
marky

where can i get mooooreee

i must have more, i am bored, bored is not good!

a bored marky is an ANNOYING marky!

Post #: 1
RE: more scenarios? - 3/10/2007 5:10:45 AM   
wdolson

Most of these sites have different scenarios:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=805143

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to marky)
Post #: 2
RE: more scenarios? - 3/10/2007 7:01:00 AM   
marky

thankyz

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 3
RE: more scenarios? - 4/19/2007 5:05:05 AM   
Captain Torry

This may not be the place to ask this. I've been playing WPO for about a year now, but just finally got WITP. Are there any scenarios available that include late war naval construction like Montana class BBs, DeMoines class CAs and Midway class CVs? It appears several of the scenarios that come with the game have an ending date of March 1946 and some of these units would have been completed by then, and yes I know the Montana's are never weres but not the others, I've got the ship sides and all, Just need to know if I need to make my own database changes or if someone has already done this. Thanks for any information.

Regards
Captain Rockwell Torry

(in reply to marky)
Post #: 4
RE: more scenarios? - 4/19/2007 5:16:08 AM   
wdolson

CHS includes the Midway.  I believe the Empires Ablaze mod is a "what if" campaign based on the idea that battleship building went crazy.  I believe it includes the Montana, but I'm not sure, I've only heard about it, I've never looked at it.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to Captain Torry)
Post #: 5
RE: more scenarios? - 4/19/2007 6:43:23 AM   
el cid again

CHS may give you mose of what you wish for here. There are Midways and some late war battleships - not just US. RHS ends sooner - 1 Jan 1946 at the latest with no ships after the end of Sept 1945. Even so, the BBO scenario gives you extra Iowas and the British Lions - and like CHS Richelieu. You get more cruisers and "battlecruisers" - and on both sides in BBO. This variation is the war as it was planned by both sides - probably more likely than the war as it occurred. [The lessons of Pearl Harbor, Coral Sea and Midway might not have been processed in time - particularly if those battles took a different form or occurred on different dates]. EOS gives you two of the Midways - but in the form of Essex hulls so they build faster. EOS gives Japan rather more options - many ships can convert to CV or CVL form - and the US converts additional CVLs from CLs (but for USN that is locked in, as are several other things).

BBO (and its RPO and PPO variations) also lets you experiment with alternate conceptions of US construction for DEs (half as many, twice the horsepower on each, more speed) and submarines (numbers of medium sized boats that arrive sooner that fleet boats - and some of the fleet boats arrive with major gunpower - two twin 5 inch mountings). Similar things on the other side. All these options were contemplated, prototyped, etc. Adm Hart advocated the medium sized submarine concept - but was more or less overruled by the head of naval construction - who ruled it could only be done in yards that could not build bigger boats. Any yard that can build a submarine could build either size.

(in reply to Captain Torry)
Post #: 6
RE: more scenarios? - 4/20/2007 10:40:52 AM   
Dali

This super works !!

(in reply to el cid again)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> more scenarios? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI