Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WITP is special

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> WITP is special Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WITP is special - 3/13/2007 8:00:31 AM   
wworld7

Hello all,

By and large WITP has kept my interest longer than any other computer game I have owned. Is it perfect? Of course not. But IMHO it is better than many other games.

With an occasional exception (that do not need mentioning) I have been pleased with products from MATRIX.

I do enjoy and appreciate the Forums.

It may be a lot to ask, but I would ask people to keep the "MAIN" WITP forum to ideas, concepts etc... having to do with either WITP or something close. Obviously WITP2 discussions are the stuff nice dreams are made of...

Threads to discuss discuss POKER or games such as SH4 (or what ever floats your boat his week) do not belong here. Actually MATRIX has other forums for those discussions if you have the disapline to use them.

As the title of this thread says

WITP is Special, please treat it and THIS forum that way.

All the best,

Flipper

P.S. I do not use this as an excuse but I have had more than a few beers tonight.

The Dolphin
Post #: 1
RE: WITP is special - 3/13/2007 8:08:27 AM   
Raverdave

I'll seconded that motion !

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 2
RE: WITP is special - 3/13/2007 8:49:55 AM   
marky

edited so i dont sink to anyones level....

< Message edited by marky -- 3/13/2007 8:52:54 AM >

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 3
RE: WITP is special - 3/13/2007 8:51:53 AM   
marky

love that sig though raver, and avatar, good stuff!

(in reply to marky)
Post #: 4
RE: WITP is special - 3/13/2007 8:55:45 AM   
marky

edited again, very hard to resisit temptation of saying hypocrite...

< Message edited by marky -- 3/13/2007 8:58:55 AM >

(in reply to marky)
Post #: 5
RE: WITP is special - 3/13/2007 10:15:23 AM   
goodboyladdie

AAARGH! Enough already! Flipper has a point Marky. Occasional OT threads are interesting, but constant OT threads mean you are posting on the wrong forum mate...

I am not wishing to flame you, but on every thread I open these days you are always calling other people names. Please calm down and let people see how keen a wargamer you are rather than putting them off. Young blood is good, bad blood isn't. I'm afraid that lately you have been causing a little too much of the latter...

I am going to have to use the green button again now - I'm wearing my soapbox out...

(in reply to marky)
Post #: 6
RE: WITP is special - 3/13/2007 12:36:40 PM   
Nemo121

quote:

edited so i dont sink to anyones level.... 

With all due respect it would be a massive improvement if you could "sink" to raverdave or flipperwasirish's levels.

(in reply to goodboyladdie)
Post #: 7
RE: WITP is special - 3/13/2007 1:21:42 PM   
goodboyladdie

Steady on Nemo! Is the last comment really that fair to Flipperwash?

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 8
RE: WITP is special - 3/13/2007 3:39:36 PM   
Widell

quote:

ORIGINAL: flipperwasirish
By and large WITP has kept my interest longer than any other computer game I have owned.

With an occasional exception (that do not need mentioning) I have been pleased with products from MATRIX.

Without going into the vivid discussions about trolling, peoples medical conditions, poker games and clans of other games, I'd like to second
flipperwasirish statements regarding WITP. But, I have also found a trend among the games that stay installed on my computer for long times. They are currently, more or less at least, in the Matrix Games portfolio. I mean, I have had TOAW and SPWAW since as far back as I can remember, same with Harpoon, and WITP is surely not going anywhere. I also see COTA and HTTR staying for a long time. There are other games there as well, but I won't mention them here. They are few and does not compete with products from Matrix

To conclude: Matrix has a very developed sense for what the wargaming community wants. The forums are, as we all know, very active and generally very supportive. Congratulations Matrix to a successful formula, and congratulations to us customers/users

Now, where to I claim my free lunch?

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 9
RE: WITP is special - 3/13/2007 4:35:12 PM   
wworld7

quote:

ORIGINAL: goodboyladdie

Steady on Nemo! Is the last comment really that fair to Flipperwash?

Good morning all:

I can only speak for myself, but my feeling is that none of us are perfect. I reread what I wrote last night and it wasn't bad. My writing skills are not the best.

A world without WITP would be less than ideal (though I would have back many more hours a week of disposable time). Trying to enhance discussion of WITP sans piles of OT junk is a good thing to me. But that is just the opinion of an aging Irishman.

It was not my intention to upset anybody, I just want to get the forum back to where it used to be. And I want to also thank Matrix for the chance to do so.

Be well,

Flipper

Post #: 10
RE: WITP is special - 3/13/2007 4:40:06 PM   
Terminus

Nemo was taking a swipe at Marky, not you, flipper...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 11
RE: WITP is special - 3/13/2007 4:51:11 PM   
wworld7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Nemo was taking a swipe at Marky, not you, flipper...

Terminus,

I know what Nemo meant. But we have to move on and get back to WITP or we can all just start doing bong hits and eating potato chips all day.

Besides, I expected you to be suspended by now. I guess it takes 24 hours...lol.

Flipper

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 12
RE: WITP is special - 3/13/2007 4:52:25 PM   
Terminus

Just sounded like you were being apologetic for what you'd written, which there was no need to be...

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 13
RE: WITP is special - 3/13/2007 4:55:51 PM   
Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Widell

quote:

By and large WITP has kept my interest longer than any other computer game I have owned.

Without going into the vivid discussions about trolling, peoples medical conditions, poker games and clans of other games, I'd like to second
flipperwasirish statements regarding WITP. But, I have also found a trend among the games that stay installed on my computer for long times. They are currently, more or less at least, in the Matrix Games portfolio. I mean, I have had TOAW and SPWAW since as far back as I can remember, same with Harpoon, and WITP is surely not going anywhere. I also see COTA and HTTR staying for a long time. There are other games there as well, but I won't mention them here. They are few and does not compete with products from Matrix

To conclude: Matrix has a very developed sense for what the wargaming community wants. The forums are, as we all know, very active and generally very supportive. Congratulations Matrix to a successful formula, and congratulations to us customers/users

I think it's somewhere on the other side of that sign...

(in reply to Widell)
Post #: 14
RE: WITP is special - 3/13/2007 5:01:56 PM   
wworld7

quote:

Just sounded like you were being apologetic for what you'd written, which there was no need to be...

Thank you sir, but of more importance.

WHERE IS THE NEXT PATCH? Even with trying to check my convoys another just pulled into Auckland with much less than a full load of stuff. BAD convoy!!! I can't shoot the captain as he is a fellow Irishman...

Flipper

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 15
RE: WITP is special - 3/13/2007 5:08:01 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

quote:

quote:

This sign??

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 16
RE: WITP is special - 3/13/2007 5:35:00 PM   
marky

quote:

ORIGINAL: goodboyladdie

AAARGH! Enough already! Flipper has a point Marky. Occasional OT threads are interesting, but constant OT threads mean you are posting on the wrong forum mate...

I am not wishing to flame you, but on every thread I open these days you are always calling other people names. Please calm down and let people see how keen a wargamer you are rather than putting them off. Young blood is good, bad blood isn't. I'm afraid that lately you have been causing a little too much of the latter...

I am going to have to use the green button again now - I'm wearing my soapbox out...

then let this stupid thread die. and pray i dont decide to be a thousand times more annoying in retribution!

Post #: 17
RE: WITP is special - 3/13/2007 5:48:46 PM   
Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

quote:

quote:

This sign??

No, behind that sign is Marky's maturity... I was thinking about the sign in Widell's avatar...

Anyhoo, moving on...

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 18
RE: WITP is special - 3/13/2007 6:43:45 PM   
Andy Mac

I don't want to cause a fuss.....but I quite enjoy the vigour Marky brings to his debates and as for that avatar....

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 19
RE: WITP is special - 3/13/2007 6:51:58 PM   
marky

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

quote:

quote:

This sign??

No, behind that sign is Marky's maturity... I was thinking about the sign in Widell's avatar...

Anyhoo, moving on...

big words from sum1 who cant understand please stay out of my threads

i think ill return the favor sumtime

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 20
RE: WITP is special - 3/13/2007 6:52:23 PM   
marky

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

I don't want to cause a fuss.....but I quite enjoy the vigour Marky brings to his debates and as for that avatar....

thankyz

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 21
RE: WITP is special - 3/13/2007 7:20:48 PM   
pauk

quote:

and where is my turn?

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 22
RE: WITP is special - 3/13/2007 7:22:36 PM   
Andy Mac

Was woring to midnight last night and probably for th rest of the week turns will flow when I can !!!

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 23
RE: WITP is special - 3/13/2007 8:10:29 PM   
Sonny II

quote:

we can all just start doing bong hits and eating potato chips all day.

Flipper

To quote two famous Irish TV stars - Brilliant!

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 24
RE: WITP is special - 3/13/2007 8:21:27 PM   
Swayin

I agree about WitP; has stayed longer on my hard drive than any game I've ever owned, going back to my first 8086 (egad). Have always enjoyed these forums as well, even though I don't post much.

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

(in reply to Sonny II)
Post #: 25
RE: WITP is special - 3/13/2007 9:24:30 PM   
Terminus

quote:

...Was woring to midnight last night...

There's either an "h" or a "k" missing there...

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 26
RE: WITP is special - 3/13/2007 9:28:54 PM   
fabertong

quote:

quote:

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 27
RE: WITP is special - 3/13/2007 10:21:38 PM   
Wolfie1

quote:

quote:

LOL - any bet's on which

Teamwork is essential - it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at.....

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 28
RE: WITP is special - 3/13/2007 10:59:52 PM   
goodboyladdie

quote:

Don't suck up - those lovely bouncing things are not actually his....

I agree sometimes, but then he gets carried away. Debates are certainly more vigorous when Shangri-La's lost son is involved. They can also be a bit one sided though as a lot of people have him blocked...

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 29
RE: WITP is special - 3/13/2007 11:05:49 PM   
DaveB

As Widell said -
" and congratulations to us customers/users "
- as a Brit I'd like to know what's so special about American customers?

...meanwhile 'my money's on 'h'' for Terminus' quiz, and 10 pts for spotting it....
too right on the thread - a good wargame keeps you going for ages, and Matrix have some fine ones - Steel Panthers has tied up huge chunks of my time, and anything with Gary Grigsby, WWII, and Pacific in the remit has kept me going for over 20 years so far. I'm STILL waiting for USAAF on PC to be done right ('12 O Clock High' as it was called in the UK doesn't count, as it increased the bean counting aspects without improving on the C64 gameplay) and given half a chance I#d probably happily waste a week or two on Carrier Strike if it were re-released following minimal update - I bet I'm not the only one here who liked deciding when to range a strike on deck, deciding what arcs to fly for 'naval search' etc?

Brilliant job Matrix, keep it up!

(in reply to Wolfie1)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> WITP is special Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI