Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unti Details In Reference to weapons incorrect!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support >> Unti Details In Reference to weapons incorrect! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unti Details In Reference to weapons incorrect! - 3/13/2007 9:33:15 PM   
Axis123uk

Hija,

If you cheek the troops details on there weapons in the Force Pool some of the Riffle squads have Antitank Grenades. If you then add this troop to the Roster and then cheek the same troops weapons by clicking on troop details it says they have no Antitank grenades. Ive Taken out all mods and re-installed to make sure its a standard bug.

Does this mean they have them in the game or not?

Also, in the details ive tested and picked troops with just 1 hand grenade and in battle they throw more? And in battle some troops seem to lose smoke when i havnt issued a smoke command.

On the team monitor at the bottom there are 2 bars with different colors one called Anti-Pers and one called Anti-Tank and also to the right of these there are symbols which presumably tell you if that specific troop has Smoke grenades and/or Hand greandes. None of that information seems to be correct as i select a reacon team and says they have Anti-Tank and the riffle team didnt show anything - how does this work?

Take the sniper for example. If you look at his details he doesnt have any grenades yet once in battle it shows at the bottom that he has grenades and you can see him throw them. It doesnt help planning easy as id like to know before who has what and how many of each. In the details section it tells you the amount they have yet as this isnt accurate i have to look who has what in the planning stage and guess how many grenades etc they have and guess if i can charge them into enemies hoping they have enough grenades! Is this a bug? Will there be an update avaliable pleeeease?

Cheers,

Andy

< Message edited by Axis123uk -- 3/14/2007 7:18:39 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Unti Details In Reference to weapons incorrect! - 3/15/2007 3:42:16 AM   
Randall Grubb

Andy, I think you are mis-understanding the Effectiveness section of the Unit Status bar. It is an indicator of how effective a unit is against infantry and tanks at the denoted ranges (x 10). Those are 20, 40, 80, 160, 320 and 640 meters. It is not an indicator of what type of weapons or grenades they have.

The two grenade symbols next to the effectiveness bars show that the team has grenades of either smoke or HE types. The types of grenades they have is not releated to the AP and AT parts of the effectiveness bar.

I can understand how you might have developed your impression of what the effectiveness bar represents because it is not explained in the manual. That explaination was never in the original CC3 manual and was added later in the CC4 and CC5 manuals. It's lack in the CoI manual was inadvertatly overlooked by me and others.

If a team has any type of grenade in the data file, those will show up in the details section of the Requisition screen. There simply is no mechanism in the code to not allow them to show up or to show any weapon that is not in that team's make up in the data files, so you must be looking at different teams in-game than you looked at in the Requisition screen.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre. - Pierre Bosquet, 1854

(in reply to Axis123uk)
Post #: 2
RE: Unti Details In Reference to weapons incorrect! - 3/21/2007 3:59:46 PM   
madjack

oops. just posted the same problem. my apologies.

(in reply to Axis123uk)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support >> Unti Details In Reference to weapons incorrect! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI