Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: ETA on the Patch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> RE: ETA on the Patch Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/10/2007 10:04:56 PM   
animaluk

When are you releasing the beta patch please

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 211
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/10/2007 10:24:59 PM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: animaluk

When are you releasing the beta patch please

Are you serious?

(in reply to animaluk)
Post #: 212
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/10/2007 10:28:36 PM   
freeboy

Eric, as a former tester here in the land we love, MAtrixville, I think public beta is mostly goodm, as long as the less patient understand it is not a released patch but a BETA and as such is prone to errors and is produced to help you two get us a great game, already is on its way! imo keep up the good work!

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 213
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/10/2007 10:38:10 PM   
Gil R.

Don't worry -- I'll be making clear in no uncertain terms what people can expect of the beta patch, and what we expect of people who are testing the beta patch.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 214
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/11/2007 2:45:11 AM   
Barrold

Not to be too much of a p-rick, but I hope the beta patch does not replicate the precedance of the CoG beta patch that never materialized into a final version.  

Not that the final patch for CoG won't be fantastic when it arrives, but to say that the product has languished a bit is not a stretch.

None of this is my fault.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 215
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/11/2007 3:03:36 AM   
christof139

quote:

Not to be too much of a p-rick, but I hope the beta patch does not replicate the precedance of the CoG beta patch that never materialized into a final version.

Not that the final patch for CoG won't be fantastic when it arrives, but to say that the product has languished a bit is not a stretch.

None of this is my fault.

Watch it. They may accuse you of being a saboteur as they did me. Funny I didn't have anyhting to do with the making of the game, nor made any other comments different than a lot of people, yet I was a supposed saboteur. Sounds like ruffled little egos and paranoia to me. Similar to Stalin's way of thinking I believe. Beats me.

Chris in Detroit

< Message edited by christof139 -- 3/11/2007 3:18:41 AM >

'What is more amazing, is that amongst all those approaching enemies there is not one named Gisgo.' Hannibal Barcid (or Barca) to Gisgo, a Greek staff officer, Cannae.
That's the CSS North Carolina BB-55
Boris Badanov, looking for Natasha Goodenov

(in reply to Barrold)
Post #: 216
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/11/2007 12:11:34 PM   
ess1

Johnnie, Like many others before him: tax and life-style. One of the first I believe was Aubrey Smith in black & white days. He organised cricket over there

christof1139,  There are many more I could suggest leave our crouded shores

Back on thread: well done all of you beavering away for our enjoyment. Thanks.

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 217
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/11/2007 6:13:19 PM   
Johnus

"Beavering" ?? Now there's a new word with potential.

(in reply to ess1)
Post #: 218
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/11/2007 6:15:59 PM   
Greyhunterlp

yeah, it means that their spending more time chewing down trees and building dams than working on the patch.
or am I missing something?

(in reply to Johnus)
Post #: 219
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/11/2007 6:52:54 PM   
elmerlee

This post from Barrold is what is bothering me. Potential for a "Hanging Chad"(patch).

"Not to be too much of a p-rick, but I hope the beta patch does not replicate the precedance of the CoG beta patch that never materialized into a final version.

Not that the final patch for CoG won't be fantastic when it arrives, but to say that the product has languished a bit is not a stretch."

(in reply to animaluk)
Post #: 220
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/11/2007 7:05:36 PM   
Hard Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grey Hunter

yeah, it means that their spending more time chewing down trees and building dams than working on the patch.

I will have you know, that I got bad teeth and lots of hair, so chewing down trees is not on my list of things to do :)

naw, it may not seem like it, but we working

you would be surprised at how many small changes end up needing big changes to correct

(in reply to Greyhunterlp)
Post #: 221
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/11/2007 9:56:21 PM   
Greyhunterlp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

quote:

I will have you know, that I got bad teeth and lots of hair, so chewing down trees is not on my list of things to do :)

naw, it may not seem like it, but we working

you would be surprised at how many small changes end up needing big changes to correct

Hey I'm one of the ones willing to wait. I just have a warped sense of humour.
better done right than a rush job. Just wish i had the stat tracking for my current game, one of my brigades seems to be shooting very regually for 300-500 casualties. they step towards the enemy, fire, kill several hundred of them, fire another round do the same, break the brigade then repeat. - I'd love to see how many casulaties the've caused so far, and its only March 1863....

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 222
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/11/2007 10:06:51 PM   
Mike13z50

quote:

Just wish i had the stat tracking for my current game, one of my brigades seems to be shooting very regually for 300-500 casualties. they step towards the enemy, fire, kill several hundred of them, fire another round do the same, break the brigade then repeat. - I'd love to see how many casulaties the've caused so far, and its only March 1863....

What kind of weapon, attributes, and special abilities does the brigade have? I've found that Sharpshooter and Bde Artillery really enhance kill capability.

Post #: 223
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/11/2007 11:22:08 PM   
Greyhunterlp

the first few turns - about 3 quality, minni rifles, and nothing else - their kitted out now, but for a while they were basic turn 1 troops, and causing large amounts of damage. they did have a lot of battles in the first turn though - there were 5 in total costing me 20k troops and the union 30k.

(in reply to Mike13z50)
Post #: 224
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/11/2007 11:48:35 PM   
desertstorm

How mutch MB is the Beta-Patch ?

Manfred Meyer

Post #: 225
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/12/2007 4:27:29 AM   
christof139

The amount of troops, the immense sizes that Armies can grow to and the very high number of casualties is USUALLY very unrealistic in the game. sometimes you suffer thousands of casualties and the other side suffers none or just a few hundred. Usually didn't and but very, very rarely occurred that way.

I find it more interesting if main armies are near the actual sizes they were in the war, with secondary armies with smaller numbers of troops also present. This would make it easier and less time consuming to play HW's. Armies with 200,000 troops each on the field are a bit too much IMHO, and battles of that size even in the Nappy Wars only occurred infrequently: Borodnio, Leipzig and not many others.

In the ACW there was not any battle where 100,000 men per side were engaged.

I now have to load FoF on my SATA2 dirve and compooter with the 4GB 667MHz DDR2 RAM and see how HW's go.

Would be neat if there was a maximum number of troops that could be available for each side in all Theaters for each year of the war. That would somewhat hamstring the CSA in 1864 and 1865, so some leeway would be necessary. I believe that the CSA employed near the maximum number of troops during the war that it may have actually had the capability to deploy, and even the USA was strapped to deploy the number of troops that it did.

Chris

'What is more amazing, is that amongst all those approaching enemies there is not one named Gisgo.' Hannibal Barcid (or Barca) to Gisgo, a Greek staff officer, Cannae.
That's the CSS North Carolina BB-55
Boris Badanov, looking for Natasha Goodenov

(in reply to desertstorm)
Post #: 226
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/13/2007 5:29:09 PM   
Dasara II

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

We had nothing to do with WiTP.

And if you wait until the end of March you'll be the last person on your block to have the patch.

I really hope that this does not come back to haunt the WCS crew!

Reminds me of McClellan before Antietam (Sharpsburg) who exclaimed:
"Here is a paper with which if I cannot whip Bobbie Lee, I will be willing to go home"

Seriously, I love this game, which is why I guess I am on edge everyday for all the cool new enhancements that we keep hearing about.

Waiting is becoming torture but I realize that all the good things in life take time (but is usually worth the wait)

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 227
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/13/2007 6:02:46 PM   
Greyhunterlp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dasara II
Waiting is becoming torture but I realize that all the good things in life take time (but is usually worth the wait)

Actually I find waiting for something is most often better than having it, once you have something the reaslim set in. (or in the case of most computer games you've compleated it and now theres nothing left to wait for. but thats not a problem for FoF)

(in reply to Dasara II)
Post #: 228
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/13/2007 6:04:17 PM   
desertstorm

And the end of March is near!!!

Manfred Meyer

(in reply to Dasara II)
Post #: 229
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/13/2007 6:30:00 PM   
elmerlee

Guess who this was from on 2/11/07. This patch was overdue a month ago.Lay the blame where you want but its a typical Matrix Games "keep coming back so you will buy somrthing else while waiting" ploy.

We realize it's taken longer than you all expected, but realize the time is not being diddled away. You are all getting alot more than you ever expected from a patch, I'm quite sure about that. This is effectively a major upgrade, some extra development time to a game that was already finished. It incorporates user feedback, fixes bugs and also adds a bunch of new stuff that the developers were hoping to do. We'll get an updated list of changes posted for you later this week. I also expect there will be a sneak peek coming very soon."

(in reply to animaluk)
Post #: 230
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/13/2007 6:36:45 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: elmerlee
Guess who this was from on 2/11/07. This patch was overdue a month ago.Lay the blame where you want but its a typical Matrix Games "keep coming back so you will buy somrthing else while waiting" ploy.

Please go troll somewhere else.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to elmerlee)
Post #: 231
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/13/2007 6:36:55 PM   
Gil R.

quote:

ORIGINAL: desertstorm

How mutch MB is the Beta-Patch ?

Around 8-9 MB.

Post #: 232
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/13/2007 6:54:25 PM   
MorningDew

quote:

ORIGINAL: desertstorm

And the end of March is near!!!

Near what? As of today, we are closer to the beginning of March than the end.

Now, had you said the Ides of March are near, I would understand what you're trying to say.

< Message edited by AndrewKurtz -- 3/13/2007 6:55:19 PM >

Post #: 233
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/13/2007 8:02:03 PM   
Jeff Norton

quote:

I see you've been to the Marion Berry school for Morals and Stewardships...

< Message edited by Jeff Norton -- 3/13/2007 8:03:16 PM >

-Jeff
Veritas Vos Liberabit
"Hate America - love their movies" -Foos Babaganoosh - Anchor - Jihad Tonite

(in reply to elmerlee)
Post #: 234
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/13/2007 9:26:49 PM   
desertstorm

Sorry Sir, this Post was for Dasara II, in replay for his last Post here. Thank you for your lesson.

Manfred Meyer

(in reply to MorningDew)
Post #: 235
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/13/2007 9:42:30 PM   
Gil R.

quote:

My God, you see right through our deception! I am impressed that someone could be so perceptive!

Or, on second thought, could it be that I'm not as successful at deceiving people as I've believed? That I'm actually quite transparent? Could it be that when I ask someone "How are you?" they realize I'm not expecting much of an answer, and probably don't care how they respond? Could the store clerks at Victoria's Secret know for whom I'm really buying the lingerie when I tell them they're for a woman who "has the same size and shape I do"? When I'm at a dinner party and one of my fellow guests is a therapist, does he/she (or worse, the entire table!) realize what I'm up to when I'm asking questions on behalf of a "friend"? When I rent foreign artsy films at Blockbuster, like that French one about the artist's model, might the cashier and the people waiting on line behind me know the truth, that I'm more into sci-fi and war movies than art movies and indies? This has been a real eye-opener for me -- I just maybe might not be as duplicitous and inscrutable a person as I've prided myself on being.

(in reply to elmerlee)
Post #: 236
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/13/2007 9:47:00 PM   
Greyhunterlp

The three second attention span whiners starting to get to you Gil?

you know, you'd think they'd go an do something else to amuse themselves, you know, Like playing the game?

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 237
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/13/2007 9:47:39 PM   
MorningDew

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

quote:

My God, you see right through our deception! I am impressed that someone could be so perceptive!

Or, on second thought, could it be that I'm not as successful at deceiving people as I've believed? That I'm actually quite transparent? Could it be that when I ask someone "How are you?" they realize I'm not expecting much of an answer, and probably don't care how they respond? Could the store clerks at Victoria's Secret know for whom I'm really buying the lingerie when I tell them they're for a woman who "has the same size and shape I do"? When I'm at a dinner party and one of my fellow guests is a therapist, does he/she (or worse, the entire table!) realize what I'm up to when I'm asking questions on behalf of a "friend"? When I rent foreign artsy films at Blockbuster, like that French one about the artist's model, might the cashier and the people waiting on line behind me know the truth, that I'm more into sci-fi and war movies than art movies and indies? This has been a real eye-opener for me -- I just maybe might not be as duplicitous and inscrutable a person as I've prided myself on being.

Oh no. You're not going to get away with that. We see right through your attempt to get us believing we see right through your previous attempt. By God, we see through it and, as a result, don't see through it.

So when's the patch due out

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 238
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/13/2007 9:49:06 PM   
MorningDew

quote:

you know, you'd think they'd go an do something else to amuse themselves, you know, Like playing the game?

You mean you're allow to play other games while you wait for a patch? That changes everything.

Post #: 239
RE: ETA on the Patch - 3/13/2007 9:49:25 PM   
Gil R.

quote:

No, I only responded because I thought of something funny (to me, at least); otherwise, I would have let Erik's response be the only official one.

Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> RE: ETA on the Patch Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI