Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

weapon table - comparing different weapons

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> weapon table - comparing different weapons Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
weapon table - comparing different weapons - 3/15/2007 11:54:02 AM   
inquisiteur

Hi there,

Do we have somewhere a weapon comparison table ? I mean we have a lot of weapon there (which is great) but my only benchmark currently is too look how weapon is old, assuming that a new rifle or MG model is better than the old one. Still I don't know how much it is more effective and if it has a good ratio cost/effectiveness.

Regards,
Post #: 1
RE: weapon table - comparing different weapons - 3/15/2007 2:59:33 PM   
Blond_Knight

Speaking of MG models, I was doing some tinkering lastnight with the weapons.txt file.  It seems to me that throughout the war the MG42 had its rate of fire increased several times. To the point that it was just a bullet hose and could burn through ammo and barrels very quickly.
I dont have the exact fields I edited with me here at work, but I stepped up its rate of fire by lowering its chamber? time, increasing the number of rounds fired per burst to burn through ammo faster, and increasing its overheat time.  Im using the DOF mod and tested it using the stock Himmlers HQ scenario, which gives you four MG42 teams.  Im still working on it, but those poor Soviets got wiped out!

(in reply to inquisiteur)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> weapon table - comparing different weapons Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI