Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ETA on the Next Patch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> ETA on the Next Patch Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ETA on the Next Patch - 3/17/2007 3:54:51 AM   
Johnus

Have just downloaded the patch. Have not had a chance to try it yet, but it is unlikely that I will be 1,000% satisfied with the game, as patched.

Let me, therefore, be the first to demand an ETA on the next patch. Just wanted to let you know that we are starting the clock now.

Anyhow, thanks for the hard work. Plan to try it right now.

< Message edited by Johnnie -- 3/17/2007 3:55:17 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: ETA on the Next Patch - 3/17/2007 4:54:27 AM   
Gil R.

How does next Tuesday suit you?

(in reply to Johnus)
Post #: 2
RE: ETA on the Next Patch - 3/17/2007 8:12:18 AM   
cbird

quote:

ORIGINAL: Johnnie

Have just downloaded the patch. Have not had a chance to try it yet, but it is unlikely that I will be 1,000% satisfied with the game, as patched.

Let me, therefore, be the first to demand an ETA on the next patch. Just wanted to let you know that we are starting the clock now.

Anyhow, thanks for the hard work. Plan to try it right now.

[

(in reply to Johnus)
Post #: 3
RE: ETA on the Next Patch - 3/17/2007 9:13:54 AM   
Curious

What would it take to make you 1000% satisfied???? What if Matrix had the ACW reenacted with the original cast on all the original sites??? Would that do it??? It's obvious that you're making an attempt at some kind of humor by starting the nagging for the next patch/update already -- give the poor Matrix people a break.

CB

(in reply to Johnus)
Post #: 4
RE: ETA on the Next Patch - 3/17/2007 11:43:49 AM   
Greyhunterlp

To be a bit pedantic its impossible to be more than 100% happy with anything (just as its impossible to give 110% as my boss hates me pointing out.) so if your expecting to be 1000% happy, then your going to be at least 900% percent disspaointed, but wait! the same rules apply, so your likly to be 90% dissapointed!

Rember kids! maths is fun!

(in reply to Curious)
Post #: 5
RE: ETA on the Next Patch - 3/17/2007 1:44:02 PM   
Curious

Don't blame me if the percentage cup runneth over. Johnnie is the 1000% culprit here, not me.

CB

(in reply to Greyhunterlp)
Post #: 6
RE: ETA on the Next Patch - 3/17/2007 2:31:26 PM   
Greyhunterlp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curious

Don't blame me if the percentage cup runneth over. Johnnie is the 1000% culprit here, not me.

CB

yeah that was aimed at Jonnie, I just didn't quote him, as i thought it would be apparent

(in reply to Curious)
Post #: 7
RE: ETA on the Next Patch - 3/17/2007 5:12:46 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hey guys, I'm pretty sure Johnnie was just joking.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 8
RE: ETA on the Next Patch - 3/17/2007 6:18:46 PM   
FlyingElvis

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hey guys, I'm pretty sure Johnnie was just joking.

Yeah, that was my take.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 9
RE: ETA on the Next Patch - 3/17/2007 7:11:58 PM   
Johnus

Sorry. All future lame attempts at humor will be clearly labeled, so there will be no chance (0%) for misunderstanding.

(in reply to Curious)
Post #: 10
RE: ETA on the Next Patch - 3/17/2007 7:20:46 PM   
MorningDew

I thought it was funny:)

(in reply to Johnus)
Post #: 11
RE: ETA on the Next Patch - 3/17/2007 8:21:20 PM   
Greyhunterlp

can I go back to my point about Americans nor really understanding sarcasm ;)

(although my point about % stands. thats just stats)

(in reply to MorningDew)
Post #: 12
RE: ETA on the Next Patch - 3/18/2007 12:14:10 AM   
Curious

We're waiting for you to enlighten us on the subject. We need your help.

CB

Post #: 13
RE: ETA on the Next Patch - 3/18/2007 12:40:34 AM   
christof139

Gee, I didn't know that.  What's sarcasm???

Are you being served??  If not, oh well, I guess the servers are busy, but will hopefully be here to help you within a fornost I would deem.

A hay penny for your thoughts, as you're not allowed emotion.

Ta, Chris

'What is more amazing, is that amongst all those approaching enemies there is not one named Gisgo.' Hannibal Barcid (or Barca) to Gisgo, a Greek staff officer, Cannae.
That's the CSS North Carolina BB-55
Boris Badanov, looking for Natasha Goodenov

(in reply to Curious)
Post #: 14
RE: ETA on the Next Patch - 3/18/2007 1:27:03 AM   
Curious

I'm just patiently waiting for some "from-across-the-pond" enlightenment to save me from drowning in a pool of dull-witted American ignorance. I'll try to stifle my emotions while I wait. Is sarcasm an emotion?

CB

(in reply to christof139)
Post #: 15
RE: ETA on the Next Patch - 3/18/2007 11:05:00 AM   
Greyhunterlp

Now your getting it :)

(in reply to Curious)
Post #: 16
RE: ETA on the Next Patch - 3/18/2007 4:24:25 PM   
christof139

quote:

I'm just patiently waiting for some "from-across-the-pond" enlightenment to save me from drowning in a pool of dull-witted American ignorance. I'll try to stifle my emotions while I wait. Is sarcasm an emotion? CB

Excuse please, do you here anyone slandering anyone else's nation or nationality?? No you don't, except for your very immature and extremely ignorant self.

Grow-up.

Chris

'What is more amazing, is that amongst all those approaching enemies there is not one named Gisgo.' Hannibal Barcid (or Barca) to Gisgo, a Greek staff officer, Cannae.

(in reply to Curious)
Post #: 17
RE: ETA on the Next Patch - 3/18/2007 4:55:26 PM   
Greyhunterlp

Its cool Chris,
I cound that as sarcasm, even if it is a little on the hostile side, and thats (apparently what this threads about) lets not go down the route of flame wars! please keep your attacks on other people in the spirit of the thread! (snide and sarcastic)

Post #: 18
RE: ETA on the Next Patch - 3/18/2007 5:36:19 PM   
Erik Rutins

Chris,

Please exercise a sense of humor when replying here, or you risk proving the original assertion beyond a shadow of doubt.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 19
RE: ETA on the Next Patch - 3/18/2007 7:00:43 PM   
Curious

It's all in good humor. Even if some of the humor has a little bit of a "biting" edge. This isn't the first time that I've been accused of being snide and sarcastic. Of course, those accusations were by other Americans, so their validity might not be up to the standards held by some societies. Keep the faith.

CB

Post #: 20
RE: ETA on the Next Patch - 3/19/2007 3:34:57 AM   
christof139

quote:

It's all in good humor. Even if some of the humor has a little bit of a "biting" edge. This isn't the first time that I've been accused of being snide and sarcastic. Of course, those accusations were by other Americans, so their validity might not be up to the standards held by some societies. Keep the faith.

CB

I don't see any difference in standards here in the USa or in all the other nations of the world. Things can and do get twisted etc. everywhere at the local and national levels of societies.

That's why I formed my own country, the Republic of Chris.

Chris

(in reply to Curious)
Post #: 21
RE: ETA on the Next Patch - 3/19/2007 3:38:54 AM   
christof139

quote:

Chris,

Please exercise a sense of humor when replying here, or you risk proving the original assertion beyond a shadow of doubt.

Regards,

- Erik

Dang arrogant and self-raghtious Urapeeins always babblin like a Donny Brook runnin down ta the swamp.

I think Mr. Rutins you have proved this more so than I.

Chris

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 22
RE: ETA on the Next Patch - 3/19/2007 9:26:57 AM   
christof139

quote:

Its cool Chris,
I cound that as sarcasm, even if it is a little on the hostile side, and thats (apparently what this threads about) lets not go down the route of flame wars! please keep your attacks on other people in the spirit of the thread! (snide and sarcastic)

Oh. OK. Then we can just throw boogers at everyone as a minor form of Top Secret Get Smart Spy Guy Felix the Cat Bags of Tricks Germ Warfare ploys/attacks??

Silly Urapeons or Urapeeins all over the place.

I just don't knowe anymore!! What is this world coming too, or maybe already has become??

Chris

< Message edited by christof139 -- 3/19/2007 9:29:12 AM >

Post #: 23
RE: ETA on the Next Patch - 3/19/2007 9:17:30 PM   
Gideon Stargrave

Now now, the boys have been working very hard, and it's taken a lot of time and effort to get this patch out. Let's give them a break for once. The last thing they need is to be badgered.

That said, when is the patch coming out?

Post #: 24
RE: ETA on the Next Patch - 3/19/2007 11:54:59 PM   
dude

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grey Hunter

can I go back to my point about Americans nor really understanding sarcasm ;)

(although my point about % stands. thats just stats)

You just don't the know the right Americans... some of use live with sarcasm... it's an everyday thing when you live and read the papers here in Washington DC... how else do you think we get by with congress and the white house so close?

Dude

“Ifs defeated the Confederates…” U.S.Grant

Post #: 25
RE: ETA on the Next Patch - 3/20/2007 3:46:02 AM   
christof139

quote:

Now now, the boys have been working very hard, and it's taken a lot of time and effort to get this patch out. Let's give them a break for once. The last thing they need is to be badgered.

That said, when is the patch coming out?

Well, who's badgering who?? The upgrade is out!!! And it works very well!!!

Hmmph.

Chris

(in reply to Gideon Stargrave)
Post #: 26
RE: ETA on the Next Patch - 3/20/2007 9:48:07 AM   
Greyhunterlp

quote:

ORIGINAL: dude

You just don't the know the right Americans... some of use live with sarcasm... it's an everyday thing when you live and read the papers here in Washington DC... how else do you think we get by with congress and the white house so close?

Dude

I think your confusing sarcasm with mild simmering homocidle rage.
over here we get it out of our system with Bonfire night, - the 5th of november celibration of the attempt to blow up the houses of parlement. originally started to remind people how lucky they were that he failed, its now shifted to fireworks and bonfires (poor guys still burned in effergy) but the feelings shifted more towards "well, at least he tried"

(in reply to dude)
Post #: 27
RE: ETA on the Next Patch - 3/20/2007 3:10:09 PM   
dude

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grey Hunter

quote:

Dude

over here we get it out of our system with Bonfire night, - the 5th of november celibration of the attempt to blow up the houses of parlement. originally started to remind people how lucky they were that he failed, its now shifted to fireworks and bonfires (poor guys still burned in effergy) but the feelings shifted more towards "well, at least he tried"

no..no... mild simmering homocidle rage is what we feel while driving on the Beltway around DC... We relieve it by cutting off the same guy twice... though I do like your bonfire idea... The last really big bonfire around here was caused by the British during the War of 1812... Unless you count the Urban Renewel projects in Atlanta (1864) and Richmond (1865?)...

< Message edited by dude -- 3/20/2007 3:11:34 PM >

“Ifs defeated the Confederates…” U.S.Grant

Post #: 28
RE: ETA on the Next Patch - 3/20/2007 6:21:01 PM   
christof139

quote:

Unfortunately, I have seen large areas of Detroit burn in 1967 and through the years of the mid and late 1970's through the early 1990's. 1967 was the very large riot or 'armed insurrection against the government of the USA' as at least one person and report referred to the 1967 riot, and then during later times due to gangs and gang warfare and arsonist-thieves and just wild kids. For many consecutive years idiotic news reporters and other wierdos would come to Detroit to film all the fires that occurred every year on Devils Night (the eve before Halloween). I think one year there were over 1,000 fires, fires lit in abandoned buildings and homes etc. and in some not abandoned buildings and homes, over a period of 1 to 2 days. Our home and half of our small block was torched by arsonist-thieves in 1989, we lost just about everything.

The only humor I have concerning that nonsense is very caustic and sarcastic and sometimes bitter at a level of intensity that most people have not nor ever will be aware of, although there are many people that are aware and experienced.

'Burn baby burn!!' 'I am the god of Hellfire, and I bring you FIRE!!!' To quote J. Hendrix, 'Are you experienced? ...' H. Sienkiewicz' first novel of his great trilogy is entitled 'With Fire and Sword'. Don't be bored, but personally I would rather be bored.

Phhhhrrrrrrrttttttt!!!!!

Have a good warm and toasty day, but not too warm and toasty now, Chris

Post #: 29
RE: ETA on the Next Patch - 3/20/2007 10:04:32 PM   
Sonny II

quote:

no..no... mild simmering homocidle rage is what we feel while driving on the Beltway around DC...

Only mild?? You gotta be kidding. The beltway and I-66 are suicidal! They are either going 80 or stopped. Either one gets my blood to boil!

I am so glad I moved away from the area.

(in reply to dude)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> ETA on the Next Patch Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI