Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenarios starting populations?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Public Beta Feedback >> Scenarios starting populations? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenarios starting populations? - 3/17/2007 1:22:55 PM   
Dasara II

In the "Southern Steel" scenario, the starting population in most of the cities is much higher that the "Coming Fury" scenario.

This is with the exactly same options when starting the game, with the "greater population" not selected.

Just curious if this is how it is meant to be, makes the "Coming Fury" very different to play considering the new 'Camp' building rules. But both the North's and South's population have been changed accordingly in "Southern Steel" so it would be the same in game play terms.
Post #: 1
RE: Scenarios starting populations? - 3/17/2007 5:09:08 PM   
Erik Rutins

That's correct - Coming Fury and the Standard Campaign have lower populations for both sides. If you want to put them closer to the Southern Steel level, use new the Greater Population option.

Personally, here are the settings I use when playing Coming Fury for the most historical experience. Note the generals settings - while this won't give you the historical ratings, it better duplicates the process of discovery that both sides went through in finding out which generals were really worth their salt. It's good to play with the purely historical generals too, but these settings really give more of a historical feel in total.

Attachment (1)

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Dasara II)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Public Beta Feedback >> Scenarios starting populations? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI