Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

TF bug, units beaming back to port.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> TF bug, units beaming back to port. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TF bug, units beaming back to port. - 3/20/2007 12:33:00 AM   
shangrila

Hi all,
I have been running in to a problem with the latest patch, stock game. Wanted to know if anyone else has seen this.

Ships leave port full of men, or Air Groups...as the TF proceeds men bleed out back to their base over days.
My opponent is seeing the same thing and it's giving him headaches.

Our current hypothesis is that it has something to do with TF's being disbanded and possibly information regarding that TF number not being cleared from the program. When a new TF gets that number, something happens and it starts leaking men back to it's base.

Thanks in advance!
Post #: 1
RE: TF bug, units beaming back to port. - 3/20/2007 12:39:36 AM   
rogueusmc

Did you load ALL of the unit?

Lee

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

(in reply to shangrila)
Post #: 2
RE: TF bug, units beaming back to port. - 3/20/2007 12:45:16 AM   
shangrila

yes , we both ensure that.
We have both been playing since the game first came out. And Pay attn to the forums etc.
We both make sure we have enough for fully loading a unit. I have even gone as far as independently loading a unit in it's ships (Troop only) and combining it with the others carrying their units(Troop only), and others with just supply to build TFs as a test. (As well as having a TF plenty big enough to load everything, troops supplies etc, and make sure no more of the unit is at the base after loading before proceeding)
Thanks

(in reply to shangrila)
Post #: 3
RE: TF bug, units beaming back to port. - 3/20/2007 12:59:14 AM   
jwilkerson

Well, certainly if everyone were having the problem .. the pounding would be heard in all corners and I know I'm not having this problem and I'm playing Japanese in a PBEM with Moses ... and he isn't having the problem either. So, you might be using a bit of "English" .. but interesting that you both are.

The key will be if you have a save, from which you can then form a TF that then leaks. If you've got that, then it would be worth looking at as we can probably nail the cause. But if you now just have saves of leaking TFs it would be problematic as to whether we could use those to figure out the root cause.

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

(in reply to shangrila)
Post #: 4
RE: TF bug, units beaming back to port. - 3/20/2007 1:16:22 AM   
shangrila

To Whom does the turn and password need to be emailed...I will have my opponent do so as he may have a recent TF or two doing so that was recently created. 

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 5
RE: TF bug, units beaming back to port. - 3/20/2007 1:25:29 AM   
jwilkerson

You can send me the turn - but please include instructions about creating the TF I need to create that will leak. Again a save with just leaking TFs will probably not tell me why they are leaking. I need to see a leaking TF get created. Or re-stated I need to be able to create a leaking TF.

My email is jwilkerson@everestkc.net

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

(in reply to shangrila)
Post #: 6
RE: TF bug, units beaming back to port. - 3/20/2007 1:31:08 AM   
shangrila

I think it would be possible to send the turn prior to a TF creation, and turn after.
I realize just a leaking TF wouldn't give you much.
I'll have my opponent track this down, or start keeping track for the next instance and email you both turns, I have sent him your email. And told him to read the thread.
Thanks!

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 7
RE: TF bug, units beaming back to port. - 3/20/2007 3:32:22 AM   
apbarog

I am shangrila's opponent. I have sent Mr. Wilkerson the appropriate saved files. Thanks for the help.

(in reply to shangrila)
Post #: 8
RE: TF bug, units beaming back to port. - 3/20/2007 3:52:35 AM   
rogueusmc

Just let us know what it was and a fix if needed. I'm sure the devs will update us. They are good at that.

Lee

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

(in reply to apbarog)
Post #: 9
RE: TF bug, units beaming back to port. - 3/20/2007 4:34:23 AM   
wworld7

I am not 100% positive, but I believe the same thing happend to me in my last game (specifically Transport TFs leaivng San Francisco (carrying troops for down under), but I have not seen it yet in my current one.

I tend to start and get into 1943 and start over when a patch comes out.

Flipper

Flipper

(in reply to shangrila)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> TF bug, units beaming back to port. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI