Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Missing Units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support >> Missing Units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Missing Units - 3/18/2007 7:43:30 PM   
Scheer

When i was purchasing CC cross of iron i knew it was a remake of CC3 but i was very dissapointed when i realised alot of units from CC3 are missing, 120mm Mortars, IS 3 Tank and the German Rocket halftrack to name a few. I was wondering if anyone knows if them units are going to be released in a patch or some sort of expansion for the game because the above named units were among my favourite.

Thanks all.
Post #: 1
RE: Missing Units - 3/19/2007 1:33:22 AM   
KG_Brandenburg

Well.... This is ironic.. Most if not all mods took the units out for 1 reason or another

I cant say for certain but here is why I dont think they were added:
1) 120 mm mortor.. I think many viewed it as overpowering and perhaps the range limitations of the CC battlefield was an issue

2)JS3..  this was of dubious value IMHO. The JS3 was produced very late in the war and many say that this tank never saw action with any unit. This is still contested to this day.. I believe that it didnt see front line service before Germany's surrender in May of '45. If this is true, then it would be viewed as a non-historical unit and not added to the game

3)Rocket halftrack..... This had the same issue as the 120..  Minimum range requirements and was too overpowering... Funny though..  I thought this one was added.. guess I was wrong

U can always make a small mod to add these ur self...Just unpack some of the graphics from CC3....Do some editing to the vehicle and weapons text.. Find some vehicle slots to replace, add the graphics...And u got ur faverate units..

Make sure you opponents have these modified files in order to play online against each other..

If you need help there is no shortage of people with the expertise to point you in the right direction...

Take care,
Neil

(in reply to Scheer)
Post #: 2
RE: Missing Units - 3/23/2007 8:29:20 AM   
Scheer

All sound good points but i still miss being able to use these units in my own custom scenarios.

(in reply to KG_Brandenburg)
Post #: 3
RE: Missing Units - 3/23/2007 8:48:33 AM   
Andrew Williams

Do you think there is a case for a "Heavy Weapons Mod"  so ppl can blast the living daylights out of everything that moves?

(in reply to Scheer)
Post #: 4
RE: Missing Units - 3/23/2007 2:29:51 PM   
vonB

Yeah... get the Maus from the Beached Whale mod, and frag everything that moves  It's a great JSIII mincer...

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 5
RE: Missing Units - 3/24/2007 12:09:37 AM   
Comrade_Blabsky

Just port the M1A1 Abrams from RtB into the game.

(in reply to vonB)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support >> Missing Units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI