Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Whats all the yelling about?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Whats all the yelling about? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Whats all the yelling about? - 8/22/2000 1:56:00 PM   
Louie the Toad

During an artillery strike I sometimes hear a human voice yell. Sounds like German, but I seem to hear the same yell whether I am firing or the enemy is firing. It is not troops in the target hex because mostly the yell occurs after a miss. So whats all the yelling about? Or am I just hearing voices?

Post #: 1
- 8/22/2000 7:26:00 PM   
Musti

You are not going insane. I hear "their" voices too...My bet is that the explosion sound is sampled from a movie or a sound effects archive/cd so....

(in reply to Louie the Toad)
Post #: 2
- 8/22/2000 7:30:00 PM   
Larry Holt

I guess that its kind of like the breaking glass sound when a tank is destroyed. Perhaps its the driving lamps breaking? ------------------ An old soldier but not yet a faded one. OK, maybe just a bit faded.

Never take counsel of your fears.

Post #: 3
- 8/22/2000 8:56:00 PM   
Voriax

Or you interpret the ricocheting sound as a yell. Or, you really *do* hear voices...even when not playing Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

Post #: 4
- 8/22/2000 11:28:00 PM   
Wild Bill

I hear them all the time, when the music is playing, when the computer is turned off. Little voices...adds real flavor to the game. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

Post #: 5
- 8/22/2000 11:57:00 PM   
McGib

Give a listen when a flamethrower is used. I swear I can hear screaming. And I dont normaly hear voices, at least thats what they told me to say. ------------------ McGib Ready Aye Ready

Ready Aye Ready

Post #: 6
- 8/23/2000 1:23:00 PM   
Spearman

I offer this explanation for the sound files - Saving Private Ryan. Of course I'm an old, tone deaf, former arty and infantry type guy - so these old ears ain't what they used to be. I too heard the German screams. I said to myself "I heard that before". Then came the Garrand sound file - shots fired and then "ping" the clip came flying out. Not to mention the Tank kill sound. I put in my DVD of the movie and turned up the surround sound - this is what I heard; Screams - Capt. Miller and Pvt Ryan throwing the 60mm rounds at the Germans. Garrand - beach assualt scene just after Capt Miller orders suppressive fire on the defensive position. .30 cal MG - final battle when the ambush begins and all that German infantry gets wasted in fron of the steps of the buidings. Tank Kill - part "sticky bomb" scene and part P-51 rocket kill of Tiger on the bridge. AAA fire - the dreaded towed 20mm cannon that decapitates the boys after the track kill on the Tiger. Like I said that is what it sounds like to me. Bottom line is, no matter where the files came from they sound great, and the guys who put this great game together did a wonderful job. I for one will be playing for years to come and watching Private Ryan at the same time! ------------------

Post #: 7
- 8/26/2000 6:17:00 AM   
troopie

I hear the yelling too. But I miss the whistle. Previous to ver.2.3 I heard the battery commander's whistle, when my arty fired. Now I don't hear it any more. troopie ------------------ Pamwe Chete

Pamwe Chete

Post #: 8
- 8/26/2000 6:57:00 AM   
Mike Wood

Hello... I think the sounds are quite nice. I didn't create them. The sounds lads did. They did a very good job. I only made two sets of sounds, the mine explosions, and the sounds made when a tank is not penetrated by anti-tank fire, so I know where they came from. I made these sounds by mightily modifying the "click" sound made when you click on a button. Bye... Michael Wood

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Whats all the yelling about? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI