Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How long has this thing been in development?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> How long has this thing been in development? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How long has this thing been in development? - 3/28/2007 11:26:35 AM   
Paper Tiger

Just an open Question here, I remember way back when the website went down and loads of stuf was lost, I even vaguely remember seeing the anouncement that Matrix had made the agreement to produce this, I just can't put it into a timeframe.
It has been years I know, but how many?
Post #: 1
RE: How long has this thing been in development? - 3/28/2007 11:39:43 AM   
pasternakski

I first started fiddling around on these forums in June 2002, and it was only a couple of months later that the "Napoleonic Wars" project was announced. I think it was in September or October of that year, but I could be wrong by a month or two (the participants in these forums being what they are, I am sure I will be corrected - even if I am correct - with a fair measure of verbal upbraiding, but I am a big boy now, so I can take it).

So, to answer your question, the "process" has been "in process" for more than four and one-half years. I don't know how long it existed before it was announced...

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to Paper Tiger)
Post #: 2
RE: How long has this thing been in development? - 3/30/2007 6:50:37 AM   
Murat

Matirx and ADG announcement in September, 2002: http://pc.ign.com/articles/371/371946p1.html . But as I pointed out elsewhere, they were not the first to start this project. The 1st mention I ever heard of it was in 1993 before it ever came to Matrix.

(in reply to pasternakski)
Post #: 3
RE: How long has this thing been in development? - 4/2/2007 4:51:57 AM   
1LTRambo

It has been a long long long long long long long long time time time time time time.....................................

Post #: 4
RE: How long has this thing been in development? - 4/2/2007 5:03:30 AM   
ktotwf

Well, it was originally commissioned by Napoleon while he was actually reigning.

(in reply to 1LTRambo)
Post #: 5
RE: How long has this thing been in development? - 4/2/2007 5:11:56 AM   
1LTRambo

quote:

ORIGINAL: ktotwf

Well, it was originally commissioned by Napoleon while he was actually reigning.

Oh. For a moment there, I thought you were going to say that Ceaser envisioned the game. But then, how could that be possible in our linear world?................

(in reply to ktotwf)
Post #: 6
RE: How long has this thing been in development? - 4/2/2007 8:14:35 AM   
pasternakski

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1LTRambo

It has been a long long long long long long long long time time time time time time.....................................

Sounds like an old George Harrison song from "Magical Mystery Tour."

If I was strapped into a chair and told I could either listen to that song over and over and over again until this game was published or be subjected to repeated sex with Hillary Clinton for the same duration ...

gawd, I dunno which one I'd pick...

I think "Just kill me now" would be my plea.

And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to 1LTRambo)
Post #: 7
RE: How long has this thing been in development? - 4/2/2007 8:53:23 PM   
1LTRambo

quote:

ORIGINAL: pasternakski

If I was strapped into a chair and told I could either listen to that song over and over and over again until this game was published or be subjected to repeated sex with Hillary Clinton for the same duration ...

Hey pasternakski
How could that possibly be sex. She is too robotic and stone cold to ever be sexual. Being "Bobbitized" would probably be better.

Post #: 8
RE: How long has this thing been in development? - 4/4/2007 11:19:03 PM   
Joisey

Who would you rather do it with:  Hillary or Rosie?

"Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever."
- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

(in reply to 1LTRambo)
Post #: 9
RE: How long has this thing been in development? - 4/4/2007 11:49:51 PM   
pasternakski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joisey

Who would you rather do it with:  Hillary or Rosie?

Do what with?

What's yellow on the outside, butt-ugly on the inside, flies through the air, gives off orange flames, and makes people happy?

A burning schoolbus with Hillary and Rosie inside going over a cliff.

And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to Joisey)
Post #: 10
RE: How long has this thing been in development? - 4/7/2007 10:36:21 PM   
1LTRambo

That is not a very nice thing to say about Hillary and Rosie. But, I like it. MuuHaHaHa.

Post #: 11
RE: How long has this thing been in development? - 4/8/2007 2:21:20 AM   
pasternakski

quote:

That is not a very nice thing to say about Hillary and Rosie. But, I like it. MuuHaHaHa.

When you get within 20 feet of either, the stench turns your stomach, much like week-old cat guts in the back room of a New York Indian restaurant.

I dunno. None of it is at the level of what I came to understand as being "poosy" in my teenage years...

< Message edited by pasternakski -- 4/8/2007 3:36:55 AM >

And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to 1LTRambo)
Post #: 12
RE: How long has this thing been in development? - 4/8/2007 2:46:04 AM   
StCyr

well my dear Paper Tiger, as you can see Rambo and Pasternakski really work hard on answering your question

Post #: 13
RE: How long has this thing been in development? - 4/8/2007 3:33:46 AM   
pasternakski

quote:

ORIGINAL: StCyr

well my dear Paper Tiger, as you can see Rambo and Pasternakski really work hard on answering your question

Fer chrissake, read the posts, willya? The question was answered on March 28, the poster and I had a friendly exchange on the matter, and now, Rambo and I have had a little fun, mostly at our own expense, so that those with a sense of humor can giggle a little as this thread fades into the mists of history never to be revisited or remembered.

So buzz off with your attempts to hype these forums into a place where you can deliver your sanctimonious judgments against the poor Hebrew slaves who only want to see their Deliverer before they die.

Ummm ... errr ... excuse me, I always get a little wound up when Easter comes around and it's time for the greatest campy movie of all time, featuring Charlton Heston whose head couldn't be shaved like Yul Brynner's, but they still glued the prince lock to the side of his head, Yul Brynner, my candidate for "best all-time male mini-skirt legs," Edward G. "where's yer Moses now?" and "come back to Egypt and worship the Golden Calf, at least there's food, ya dirty rats" Robinson, and good old "thou shalt have no other gods before me" what's-his-name.

"My dear Paper Tiger?" You two got a thang goin' on?

< Message edited by pasternakski -- 4/8/2007 3:36:09 AM >

And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to StCyr)
Post #: 14
RE: How long has this thing been in development? - 4/9/2007 1:36:41 PM   
ess1

Ah, what will you lovely people talk about when (or if) the game is published? Meanwhile have fun and Happy Easter.

Post #: 15
RE: How long has this thing been in development? - 4/16/2007 10:42:25 PM   
1LTRambo

Hey StCyr we did reply to Paper Tiger. Besides, I'm totally in agreement with pasternakski on this one that the forum has to be a place of fun while we wait in anguish for this game.
And ess1, there will be plenty to talk about on this forum when the game is released. Things like bugs, openings for PBEM players, openings for TCP/IP players, strategy, playing tips in the CEiA against the AI, etc.
So I would not get all bent around the axle on this.

(in reply to ess1)
Post #: 16
RE: How long has this thing been in development? - 4/16/2007 11:33:06 PM   
Paper Tiger

Yep I deffinately got replied to, now if I could just remember what the question was...
Still if this thing is in development much longer I will be able to play it against a generation who think that a board wargame is one where not much happens for whole minutes... 

(in reply to 1LTRambo)
Post #: 17
RE: How long has this thing been in development? - 4/17/2007 1:22:53 AM   
1LTRambo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Paper Tiger

Yep I deffinately got replied to, now if I could just remember what the question was...
Still if this thing is in development much longer I will be able to play it against a generation who think that a board wargame is one where not much happens for whole minutes... 

Let me refresh your memory.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Paper Tiger

Just an open Question here, I remember way back when the website went down and loads of stuf was lost, I even vaguely remember seeing the anouncement that Matrix had made the agreement to produce this, I just can't put it into a timeframe.
It has been years I know, but how many?

quote:

It has been in development for quite some time, but major improvements have been completed and bugs have been fixed according to previous threads on this forum. There have been some good threads that have revealed development and testing progress along with screen shots that have allowed us to stay excited about the game. There have also been some very off topic threads posted. Unfortunately, the updates have not been as forthcoming as they should IMHO. And, though not contributing directly to this game, the off topic threads have been very interesting and sometimes very funny.

Post #: 18
RE: How long has this thing been in development? - 4/18/2007 2:18:20 PM   
Paper Tiger

Ah yes, I remember playing the board version of this way back when beer came in party sevens and pizza was regarded as strange foreign food. It was like living on a different planet somehow, and indeed some of the players hardly seemed to belong on this planet. The game where we had a deaf lad playing as Austria was totally surreal...

(in reply to 1LTRambo)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> How long has this thing been in development? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI