Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Black Powder Wars

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Black Powder Wars Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Black Powder Wars - 3/28/2007 1:08:08 PM   
kram

Anyone know what happened to the forum of Black Powder Wars?
Is the project suspended or cancelled?
Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/28/2007 1:30:59 PM   
Marc von Martial

The development gets merged with another project.

(in reply to kram)
Post #: 2
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/28/2007 6:12:37 PM   
Tim Coakley

Jumping in for a second...

I will be taking the design ideas from BPW:BoN and advancing the HnM2 series.

This is a more practical way forward with an existing game engine.

Regards,
Tim Coakley

(in reply to kram)
Post #: 3
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/29/2007 5:42:21 AM   
ravinhood

In other words BPW:BoN is vaporware....yay I knew it. Another game bites the dust.

(in reply to Tim Coakley)
Post #: 4
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/29/2007 12:24:57 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

In other words BPW:BoN is vaporware....yay I knew it. Another game bites the dust.

You are just so predictable ....

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 5
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/29/2007 12:44:51 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

You are just so predictable ....

No, he's not - he didn't say anything about the price being too high

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 6
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/29/2007 12:45:54 PM   
Terminus

Give him time, he'll get to it...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 7
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/29/2007 2:14:42 PM   
Monkeys Brain

[/quote]

No, he's not - he didn't say anything about the price being too high

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

[/quote]

Ah, really? All you like is talk about activation menace LOLZ?

BTW, as Mark have closed this other thread I didn't have opportunity to respond.

Well you called me reverse psychology guy. That is not true. I am not the only one who is arguing the price.

And your logic implant in your brain is broken, please remove it and replace it LOLZ.

Theatre of War cost now in preordert 45 $!!! That old dog CoI cost 40$.

See, somebody here is really nuts. So if I am making PR to Matrix hahaha with this you are crazy my friend LOLZ

Battlefront.com have price of 45 $(later 10$ more I think) for a new, all new game and Matrix price their old remakes at 40$.

So as you try to undervalue this as every Matrix fanboy it is time that you accept stronger arguments. But, that takes capable men LOLZ

All Matrix fanboys do now as I see is bash Battlefront.com for e-license and you are part of it. But when somebody mention the price of remakes, then please don't raise the dust, threads have beeen closed etc. and you make lies which is certanly not correct.

Truth is to be accepted not ignpored just like that. But if they want to ban me go ahead. But don't spread lies just like that. Facts are facts.

And because you tend to forget the facts I will repeat it again and again for you: Theatre of War right now at preorder 45$ plus S&H, Close Combat: CoI 40$ plus shipping and handling. And Theatre of War is for BOXED and DOWNLOAD so CoI is even more expensive.
The result of this logic in the brain should be that CoI is expensive for a title with graphics around 1997. ANNO DOMINI.
But no you only see activation issue.

EDIT. right now Theatre of War 45$ on preorder plus shipping & handling digital down. + phisical shippment, Close Combat: Cross of Iron 50$ plus s&g for same. Hahahahaha! Eddy what is cheaper right now, question for you?

So cheers Eddy with your double standards.

And BTW. if Matrix Games admins wants to BAN me just go ahead do it. But I will say whatever I want and whenever I want. If you ban me even better.

Mario

< Message edited by Monkeys Brain -- 3/29/2007 2:31:40 PM >

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 8
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/29/2007 2:30:34 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monkeys Brain
<ramble snipped>

Well, it's not my fault you didn't pay attention in school when the teacher explained price setting in an open supply and demand economy, including things like the "sweet spot".

I did try to explain that to you before, the first lesson was free (a Mario Special) but you're going to have to pay me the usual $60/hour for another one

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to Monkeys Brain)
Post #: 9
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/29/2007 2:34:59 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: sterckxe

quote:

<ramble snipped>

Well, it's not my fault you didn't pay attention in school when the teacher explained price setting in an open supply and demand economy, including things like the "sweet spot".

Do they actually teach these advanced market theories down there already?
*jk*

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 10
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/29/2007 2:36:29 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

And BTW. if Matrix Games admins wants to BAN me just go ahead do it. But I will say whatever I want and whenever I want. If you ban me even better.

Are you sort of into SM stuff or so, or why do you constantly ask for punishment ?

Post #: 11
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/29/2007 2:39:48 PM   
Monkeys Brain

quote:

I did try to explain that to you before, the first lesson was free (a Mario Special) but you're going to have to pay me the usual $60/hour for another one

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Ah, I see again you try to mask the facts. I am just stating the facts nothing else. And you will see one thing: many other people will notice this, not just me. Will you go tell them all same thing, we will see LOLZ
You have double standards and all people as well who think that price is irrelevant.

Mario

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 12
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/29/2007 2:42:44 PM   
Monkeys Brain

[/quote]

Are you sort of into SM stuff or so, or why do you constantly ask for punishment ?

[/quote]

LOLZ

I am not into SM but I don't like when my opinion is downplayed.
I would then rather be satisfied with a ban completely. But I will stay here till I am here. See, I want good for Matrix Games but also for all others as well and wargaming hobby in general. At all cost. That's all. As long as it takes.

Mario

Post #: 13
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/29/2007 2:57:00 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

I am not into SM but I don't like when my opinion is downplayed.
I would then rather be satisfied with a ban completely.

Your opinion is not downplayed, you just need to accept the fact that we and others think a different way
Must be a cultural thing.

quote:

But I will stay here till I am here. See, I want good for Matrix Games but also for all others as well and wargaming hobby in general. At all cost. That's all. As long as it takes.

The White Knight to save the hobby by bashing pricetags we think that are right, that's all we need here .... , at least Ravinhood understands market and pricing principles

Post #: 14
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/29/2007 2:59:39 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

Ah, I see again you try to mask the facts. I am just stating the facts nothing else. And you will see one thing: many other people will notice this, not just me. Will you go tell them all same thing, we will see LOLZ
You have double standards and all people as well who think that price is irrelevant.

What facts? And the mighty "many other" word. "Many other" based on what? Surveys, petitions, polls?

Post #: 15
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/29/2007 3:02:42 PM   
Erik Rutins

Mario,

Record. Broken.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 16
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/29/2007 3:14:11 PM   
Monkeys Brain

quote:

Your opinion is not downplayed, you just need to accept the fact that we and others think a different way
Must be a cultural thing.

You at Matrix Games would do better with a mantry "we all wargamers are brothers" LOLZ then to allow bashing of Battlefront.com copy protection on your forum. In the end you will see that THAT is not even in your interest. You will have to whip Eddy for a example first LOLZ

quote:

The White Knight to save the hobby by bashing pricetags we think that are right, that's all we need here .... , at least Ravinhood understands market and pricing principles

I am also Battlefront.com defender hehe. There is princip of action and reaction in life hehe.
See, if you want me to stop bashing price tags then stop bashing other companies RIGHT to make any copy protection they want. Simple as that. You can't be whores and saints at the same time.

Mario

Post #: 17
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/29/2007 3:15:44 PM   
Monkeys Brain

[/quote]

What facts? And the mighty "many other" word. "Many other" based on what? Surveys, petitions, polls?

[/quote]

Facts are facts and are here. And many other is certanly different than one or two. LOLZ

Will have to cite famous Oleg Mastruko these days....

Mario

Post #: 18
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/29/2007 3:17:22 PM   
Monkeys Brain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Mario,

Record. Broken.

Regards,

- Erik

It was not just me that are not nice but some others as well. They start to take note, I start. Just no double standards.

Mario

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 19
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/29/2007 3:17:39 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

Facts are facts and are here. And many other is certanly different than one or two. LOLZ

Then please deliver us the facts, would you?

< Message edited by Marc Schwanebeck -- 3/29/2007 3:27:24 PM >

Post #: 20
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/29/2007 3:23:18 PM   
Monkeys Brain

[/quote]

Then please deliver us the facts, would you?

[/quote]

I already did Marc.

Mario

Post #: 21
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/29/2007 3:25:28 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

You at Matrix Games would do better with a mantry "we all wargamers are brothers" LOLZ then to allow bashing of Battlefront.com copy protection on your forum. In the end you will see that THAT is not even in your interest. You will have to whip Eddy for a example first LOLZ

I am also Battlefront.com defender hehe. There is princip of action and reaction in life hehe.
See, if you want me to stop bashing price tags then stop bashing other companies RIGHT to make any copy protection they want. Simple as that. You can't be whores and saints at the same time.

Okay, just to get your record straight (which I doubt will make any sense).

We (Matrix Games) have absolutely no problem with Battlefront. You might be surprised to hear that we even *drumroll* play some of their games *drumroll*. Wonder, Wonder.

We (Matrix Games) are not bashing Battlefront or their system of activations. In fact "we" publish a game that needs also online activation "Battleground Europe".

We do not bash Battlefront as much as they do not bash us.

If registered forum members however bring up concerns about their future activation scheme then that is all fair (and by no means "bashing" Battlefront). You might be surprised but there are people on the Battlefront forums that bring up concerns about us too. Funny how the world works.

< Message edited by Marc Schwanebeck -- 3/29/2007 3:26:38 PM >

Post #: 22
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/29/2007 3:26:43 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

I already did Marc.

Where?

< Message edited by Marc Schwanebeck -- 3/29/2007 3:28:22 PM >

Post #: 23
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/29/2007 3:27:05 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

I already did Marc.

Ok, because it's you and because I've got some time to kill while monitoring a massive database update I'm going to tell you a true story that maybe helps to get the "sweet spot" concept across - don't worry, I won't charge you for this

Some years ago we were in London doing some X-Mas shopping when we came across a milk foaming thingamagick that was all the rage and every store had them - as both my father in law and my brother in law are heavy cappuccino drinkers it was the perfect gift for them and at 17 GBP (around $30) the price was just right too.

The gifts were well received and in use to this date, but the thing is that 6 months later we came across the exact same device in a local store for $1.99

Did we feel cheated ?

Nope - the distributor of that device had correctly determined that in order to maximize his sales he couldn't sell it too cheap, because nobody would think it would make a good X-Mas present at $1.99 or charge too much for it and not sell any at all. No, he correctly determined the sweet spot to be at 17 GBP which placed it right there in the price range most people would consider "just right".

To recap : price setting has little to do with production costs, but is almost purely based on the seller trying to optimize his income. If he's correct in his sweet spot determination and #sales * price is higher than his production cost he makes a profit, if not he'll have to either bring down his production cost, either lower (price elasticity) or increase (margin) his price or just stop producing and selling the stuff. That's it - no other options available.

Everyone who complains about a price setting has to convince the seller of this crucial factor : that he'll make more money after lowering his prices, because increased sales numbers will make up for the lower margin. You might be able to make that case for wargames that have been on the market for a number of years, but it'll take some doing for new games.

Now, that said, Matrix also has price elasticity data as they regularly have a sale in which they temporarily reduce the price for wargames that have been around for a couple of years. Since we're not seeing a permanent price reduction for titles that have been on the market for a rather long time we can only conclude that sales for older titles haven't dropped to zero and that a permanent price reduction for some titles is not on the table ... yet. There are psychological aspects too - permanently lower your prices after some time and a lot of wargamers might adopt the "wait for the price to come down" posture.

Now, all of the above is not rocket science - even an illiterate street vendor practices these principles - yet it's something a lot of those complaining about "the price" do not seem to grasp : that yelling "your price is too high" to an ice-cream vendor who's busy serving a long line of customers has zero effect, not on him and not on his customers, but that you might be able to make your case when you observe he's not selling anything.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Post #: 24
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/29/2007 3:28:24 PM   
Monkeys Brain

quote:

quote:

Okay, just to get your record straight (which I doubt will make any sense).

We (Matrix Games) have absolutely no problem with Battlefront. You might be surprised to hear that we even *drumroll* play some of their games *drumroll*. Wonder, Wonder.

We (Matrix Games) are not bashing Battlefront or their system of activations. In fact "we" publish a game that needs also online activation "Battleground Europe".

We do not bash Battlefront as much as they do not bash us.

If registered forum members however bring up concerns about their future activation scheme then that is all fair (and by no means "bashing" Battlefront). You might be surprised but there are people on the Battlefront forums that bring up concerns about us too. Funny how the world works.

I have no problem with that. Thanks for explanation.

Post #: 25
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/29/2007 3:31:00 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

quote:

quote:

<ramble snipped>

Do they actually teach these advanced market theories down there already?
*jk*

Kindergarden economics - 3 Haribo jelly coke bottles for your big sour gummy bear

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Post #: 26
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/29/2007 3:35:20 PM   
Monkeys Brain

cut long London story etc LOLZ

Eddy ok, but I am not trying to bring you absolute God's truth here. I am stating my opinion, just like you in the re: activation issue.

Nothing else. Where is Oleg, we need another troublemaker here. LOLZ

Mario

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 27
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/29/2007 3:39:10 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

cut long London story etc LOLZ

Eddy ok, but I am not trying to bring you absolute God's truth here. I am stating my opinion, just like you in the re: activation issue.

Nothing else. Where is Oleg, we need another troublemaker here. LOLZ

Mario

That's insulting - the two of us should suffice for any troublemaking required

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Post #: 28
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/29/2007 4:06:00 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

quote:

Since you're always reading & answering his posts one could wonder who's into SM ...

Uh ... oh .... I just realized something

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

Post #: 29
RE: Black Powder Wars - 3/29/2007 4:48:07 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

quote:

quote:

Since you're always reading & answering his posts one could wonder who's into SM ...

Uh ... oh .... I just realized something

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

I had lunch break

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Black Powder Wars Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI