Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

newest wishlist for next release....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Suggestions / Wishlist >> newest wishlist for next release.... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
newest wishlist for next release.... - 3/31/2007 4:16:29 AM   
hack153

1. the depth chart. there needs to be a "clear depth chart" button. it's annoying when the cpu fills positions (after a draft) without asking. then it's a pain to fix it all. also, when you go to the actual depth chart and make adjustments it seems to have 0 effect on the game. i only found success in adjusting the depth chart for each formation (which takes a long long time).

2. kick offs. they need to be able to travel into the endzone.

3. edit player. it would be nice if you could (fully) edit within the game and not only in the utilities. also, ST Blockers positions cannot be changed in utilities, not sure about inside the game.

4. penalties. i get sooo many personal fouls and facemasks. i rarely see holding and false starts. this has to get changed!

5. built in team profiles and standardized groups!

6. when players are created their height and weight are corrected for their position. i did see a column for it in the skill ranges but was unsure on how to use it.

7. numbering for TE's. in college, and i'm guessing the cfl, it's ok to have TEs with numbers in the 90s. in american professional it's not. this isn't a big deal but it would be nice if it could be changed.

8. like to see punts go into the endzone. somehow the punters are amazing and always get the ball inside the 20.

9. stats. qb rating, completion %, yardage averages (REC/PASS/RUN, etc.) would all be nice to see.

10. db seems to always be swinging for the ball. would be nice to see them attempt to INT the ball more.

thanks for listening!

Post #: 1
RE: newest wishlist for next release.... - 4/1/2007 6:21:41 PM   
SmilinJack

Diddo!

Hack153 is on it.

Yes, if David is going to further the specificty of the player positions we need an intelligent depth chart system and SUBSTITUTION system.

My friend lost his PK and the game placed a generic #7 QB in on FG and a generic #20 for KO, neither player really exisited, failed to exist post game, and although the #7 QB kicked his game winning FG wasn't listed in the box score. Weird. The game must be smart enough to fill these spots for cpu teams.

SmilinJAck

(in reply to hack153)
Post #: 2
RE: newest wishlist for next release.... - 4/1/2007 6:31:27 PM   
garysorrell

Another thought, about the draft.

I know the computer follows the profile for a draft, but would you need to update it yearly for CPU controlled teams?
All the teams profiles in a league I am running have, for the initial draft, a QB set for 1st and a RB for 2nd. Great idea for year 1, but would the CPU use this as the template until its changed, even in say year 3 when a team really needs a DB, and not a QB. I guess im asking if the CPU could draft for a teams actual needs as opposed to the profile. I dont mind changing my teams profile yearly, although if I actually draft for my team its moot. But I dont want to have to change each computer run teams profile yearly to reflect their need. I would rather a CPU GM do it.

(in reply to SmilinJack)
Post #: 3
RE: newest wishlist for next release.... - 4/1/2007 6:35:05 PM   
hack153

one of my teams Kick Return Formation Depth Chart seems to always change from what i inputed into the system.  each time it has a new person returning the ball.   usually someone who is slower than death!  ugh!

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 4
RE: newest wishlist for next release.... - 4/1/2007 6:55:01 PM   
SmilinJack

I'd like two new camera angles.

One slightly higher and farther back from behind the QB, so I can see the entire play unfold but still see what is going on in the trenches. Forgive me for this but a Madden Classic View...there I said it and I will not take it back.

Second, Like the old Front Page a elevated sideline view that moves down the field with the LOS.

SmilinJack

(in reply to hack153)
Post #: 5
RE: newest wishlist for next release.... - 4/1/2007 7:00:44 PM   
SmilinJack

One more thing.

Slightly more complicated.

I'd like the defensive play design choices for coverage to also allow me to match. I could tell mmy DB1 to always cover R1, LB1 to always cover RB1 etc...Based on player personel not on field position and physical attributes. I know this is a slight hold over from the original FPS FB but it was and is still problematic. Some teams have two 96 speed guys lined up Either???

This way I know in my defenses players are always covered and covered by the appropriate personel in one simple instruction.

SmilinJack

(in reply to hack153)
Post #: 6
RE: newest wishlist for next release.... - 4/1/2007 7:59:11 PM   
Marauders

quote:

I'd like the defensive play design choices for coverage to also allow me to match. I could tell mmy DB1 to always cover R1, LB1 to always cover RB1 etc...Based on player personel not on field position and physical attributes. I know this is a slight hold over from the original FPS FB but it was and is still problematic. Some teams have two 96 speed guys lined up Either???

I few of us have requested expanded Key and Line-up On positions.

This would allow a similar defensive scheme to what you are stating when going to full Man coverage.

quote:

stats. qb rating, completion %, yardage averages (REC/PASS/RUN, etc.) would all be nice to see.

I have requested passing yards per attempt (YPA), completion percentage, and QB Rating.  I am not sure where stat changes may be on the "To Do" list, but these may come in the future.

(in reply to SmilinJack)
Post #: 7
RE: newest wishlist for next release.... - 4/1/2007 11:06:32 PM   
CFL_FAN_7

Why would this game be missing those stats, i swear i saw them on a screenshot

< Message edited by CFL_FAN_7 -- 4/1/2007 11:07:22 PM >

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Suggestions / Wishlist >> newest wishlist for next release.... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI