Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Tracking leader stats

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Tracking leader stats Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Tracking leader stats - 4/9/2007 2:35:30 AM   
Cpt Sherwood

OK, Kid. Get a copy of WitpLoad and put it in the SCEN folder. I can send it to you if you need it.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 361
RE: Tracking leader stats - 4/9/2007 3:42:46 AM   
seydlitz_slith

I fixed my problem....
Windows XP would not recognise the java command in the batch file because I had multiple versions of java, each with updates, on my system. This was getting the system confused.  To fix, I went to add/remove programs and removed all java and java updates from my system. I then rebooted, went to java.com and downloaded the lated JRE  (java runtime environment).  After that it worked like a charm.

(in reply to Cpt Sherwood)
Post #: 362
RE: Tracking leader stats - 4/9/2007 4:03:02 AM   
siRkid

Sent you a PM

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

Post #: 363
Almost There - 4/9/2007 5:36:49 AM   
siRkid

Steps I’ve done to Load WitpDecoder for a Stock Scenario 15 PBEM game UPDATE

1. Downloaded the witpdecoder.zip
2. Created a Subfolder for my PBEM game in the C:\Matrix Games\War In The Pacific\SAVE folder
3. Extracted the files into this folder
4. Opened up the batch file and edited “echo off REM java -Djava.library.path=%CD% -jar witpdecoder2.jar PasswordHere java -Djava.library.path=. -jar witpdecoder2.jar” replacing the “PasswordHere” with my password. Which does not match the instructions given in the witpDecoder-docs.pdf.
6. Installed latest Version of Java
7. Placed WitpLoader.exe in SCEN folder 
8. Executed batch file
9. Selected File> Initialize Database 
10. Entered the following information
· Scenario – 15
· Nationally – Allies
· Checked the PBEM box
11. Selected Initialize
12. So Far SO Good
13. Tried to load save
14. Received error calling me a cheater for using teh wrong password

Must have eddited the batch file incorectly. Can some one look at my 4 and tell me where I went wrong?

Do I have to remove the REM? Back when I took programing that prevented a line of code from running?

< Message edited by Kid -- 4/9/2007 5:41:36 AM >

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 364
RE: Almost There - 4/9/2007 5:40:14 AM   
Cpt Sherwood

We are getting there. put your password on the second line, not the first. I should have told you before. It is going to look like this:

echo off
REM java -Djava.library.path=%CD% -jar witpdecoder2.jar PasswordHere
java -Djava.library.path=. -jar witpdecoder2.jar japan

with japan being my password for this file.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 365
RE: Almost There - 4/9/2007 5:42:29 AM   
siRkid

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cpt Sherwood

We are getting there. put your password on the second line, not the first. I should have told you before. It is going to look like this:

echo off
REM java -Djava.library.path=%CD% -jar witpdecoder2.jar PasswordHere
java -Djava.library.path=. -jar witpdecoder2.jar japan

with japan being my password for this file.

Thanks for all your help. So why is "Passwordhere" in there?

Post #: 366
RE: Almost There - 4/9/2007 5:45:45 AM   
Cpt Sherwood

The line starting with REM is a remark line - it is there to show you what the second line should be like when doing a PBEM game. If you are playing against the AI, the you do not need a password ( and if you put one in the command would fail ).

< Message edited by Cpt Sherwood -- 4/9/2007 5:46:25 AM >

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 367
RE: Almost almost There - 4/9/2007 5:59:37 AM   
siRkid

Ok fixed password and now I'm getting this. And I deleted everything and started from scratch to make sure I got a clean test.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 368
RE: Almost almost There - 4/9/2007 6:03:04 AM   
siRkid

Good Night will check back in the morning.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 369
RE: Almost almost There - 4/9/2007 6:07:09 AM   
Cpt Sherwood

You have email. I think it will fix your problem.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 370
RE: witpDecoder for the Allies - 4/9/2007 9:22:56 AM   
Roger Neilson II

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cpt Sherwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Roger Neilson II

Ok guys, a longshot. If anyone can run witpload on Scenario 158 and send me the generated files I will try to get this to work with my CHS game.

It works fine with my standard games, but CHS is causing a problem and some people say it won't work with CHS and others say it will.

Cheers

Roger

didactylos at bigfoot dot com

You have mail Roger.

I did figure out my problem. Most likely I screwed up the update or install. I removed decoder and reinstalled from scratch and it worked fine on BigBs senario files. I still can not get Alaska Warriors French Gambit to initialize. I think I got CHS 158 to initialize.

Ok, thanks for the files - but that didn't work. So.....

I have this working fine on my standard game, but CHS is in a different directory (same structure within it though).

My logic....

a) I have a faulty witpload in the Scen directory - and when Witpdecoder is calling it to do its work its reportign an error
b) there is still a file that is faulty in the Scenario csvs...
c) WITpdecoder is a faulty second install....

Aaargh.

Roger

Post #: 371
RE: Tracking leader stats - 4/9/2007 1:46:54 PM   
siRkid

Will try this tonight thanks.

(in reply to seydlitz_slith)
Post #: 372
RE: Almost almost There - 4/9/2007 1:48:11 PM   
siRkid

Got it and replaced it but it did not fix it. I'll give hte Java thing a try tonight.

Post #: 373
Almost almost There??? - 4/10/2007 4:27:14 AM   
siRkid

Steps I’ve done to Load WitpDecoder for a Stock Scenario 15 PBEM game UPDATE

1. Downloaded the witpdecoder.zip
2. Created a Subfolder for my PBEM game in the C:\Matrix Games\War In The Pacific\SAVE folder
3. Extracted the files into this folder
4. Opened up the batch file and edited “echo off REM java -Djava.library.path=%CD% -jar witpdecoder2.jar PasswordHere java -Djava.library.path=. -jar witpdecoder2.jar mypassword” placing my Password at the end of the second line of code.
5. Uninstalled all versions of Java
7. Installed latest Version of Java

8. Placed WitpLoader.exe in SCEN folder
9. Replaced the witpDecoder2.jar with the one Cpt Sherwood sent me
9. Executed batch file
10. Selected File> Initialize Database
11. Entered the following information
· Scenario – 15
· Nationally – Allies
· Checked the PBEM box
12. Selected Initialize
13. So Far SO Good
14. Tried to load save (The one my PBEM mate sent me)
15. Received error

Items in this color are the latest things I've tried.

This is why I waited soooo long to give this a try.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Kid -- 4/10/2007 4:29:07 AM >

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 374
RE: Almost almost There??? - 4/10/2007 5:20:54 AM   
alaviner

I remember reading about this utility a while ago.  Has it been adapted for Allied CHS yet??

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 375
RE: Almost almost There??? - 4/10/2007 5:29:21 AM   
Cpt Sherwood

I believe it does, but I am not sure if there are cluster files available for them. It does work on BigBs mod and it will work on stock. I have asked Kid to send me his savegame file so I can see if I can look at it, but he hasn't responded yet. I had no problem with a CHS senario 158 save game file. It does NOT seem to work on RHS senarios or one derived from them( French Gambit )

< Message edited by Cpt Sherwood -- 4/10/2007 5:30:49 AM >

(in reply to alaviner)
Post #: 376
RE: Almost almost There??? - 4/10/2007 5:52:03 AM   
siRkid

just send save file...was Killing Allies in WoW lots of fun.

Post #: 377
RE: Almost almost There??? - 4/10/2007 6:03:59 AM   
Cpt Sherwood

I got the same error as you Kid. But, when I started a PBEM game as a test using the same info, it worked just fine. It seems that it is in your save game file. I don't know if a corrupted one can cause this error or not. I can only tell you to try an earlier save game file if you have one.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 378
RE: Almost almost There??? - 4/10/2007 7:54:31 AM   
FeurerKrieg

I also have a game witha corrupted bit of data in the save file that won't load into Woos utility. Try a test game just to see if it works, and then you'll know.

Interestingly, the fact that it didn't load helped me find out that my oil and resource production at Anshan had disappeared! I might never have noticed otherwise. Thanksfully the boys at Matrix were able to fix the file and give me the oil/res back. The save files still doesn't load into the WITP decoder though.

My other games however, work just fine. CHS 160 and a stock scen 15.

Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks

Post #: 379
RE: Almost almost There??? - 4/11/2007 1:57:39 PM   
Woos

@Kid:
This very much looks like a partially initialized database. You need to delete all witp.* files in the witpdecoder directory and start over. Newer versions of witpdecoder will tell you this. Before searching for them you might want to wait for V0.3c which is due to be out in a few hours and should, among others, fix some CHS related problems.

@Local Yokel
There is not much I can do about exceptions coming from the hsqldb stack. You probably managed to get a corrupted database (don't ask me how). Best bet is to delete all witp.* files in the witpdecoder directory and start over. V0.3c will contain a "batch read in" function to make re-filling the database easier.
If you don't have the save games anymore, you could try to fix the mentioned line in the witp.script file, but you would probably need some knowledge about SQL and hsqldb for that.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 380
RE: Almost almost There??? - 4/11/2007 2:40:53 PM   
Cpt Sherwood

Woos, in reference to Kids errors, I get the exact same error with his save game file, but with one of my own save game files, I don't get any errors.

(in reply to Woos)
Post #: 381
RE: Almost almost There??? - 4/11/2007 2:58:48 PM   
Woos

Hmm, then there is a corruption in the save game. Which witpdecoder version did you use? V0.3b should handle them.

Post #: 382
witpdecoder 0.3c - 4/11/2007 3:16:24 PM   
Woos

OK, next minor version is available. It contains at least the following changes (maybe I forgot some).

• Batch Load ability (includes switching off the warnings but not the errors. You have to 'cancel' them by hand). *edit* And maybe I should explain how it works. Select the first file of the batch. All files must have the same structure and a number in the middle. Basically, if the files look similar to the witpXXX.pws files of the save directory, it will work.
  • Show all ships of a class by double clicking on the class in the ShipClasses(!) table (will show all ships belonging to a class with that name. If your classes change names between different versions of the class, results may not be what you expect). Suggested by someone here on the forum (forgot who).
  • Ship history showing where every ship was over time (up to 512 turns back)
  • Point ratio as a part of the "Storage" tab (before the engines, admittedly not very fitting place). Gives a quick impression how much is still lacking to Autovictory.
  • Industry tab now shows which bases of a cluster are currently owned by you (in the left lower window). Should help debugging cluserbases.csv files a bit.
  • Exceptions no longer show a trace dump in the pop up (only in the log file). Maybe people will be less confused now and actually read what is printed.
  • CHS's ship upgrade relationships should no longer be a problem for witpdecoder.

This version is going to become 0.4 if you don't find any bugs (leaving me some time to update the documentation).

Get the new jar file from http://extweb.retsiemuab.de/witp/witpDecoder3c.jar. Make sure that you downloaded a jar file and not a zip file (otherwise stop using IE), and overwrite the witpDecoder2.jar file in your witpdecoder directory with it. Yes, that means renaming the file!

WARNING! As with every new version up to now the database format has changed again. Delete all witp.* files in the witpdecoder directory if you used witpdecoder 0.3b or lower. You can read in the old save files with the batch load function.

< Message edited by Woos -- 4/14/2007 1:11:43 AM >

(in reply to Woos)
Post #: 383
RE: witpdecoder 0.3c - 4/11/2007 4:07:29 PM   
Cpt Sherwood

Thank you for the upgrade. Would it be possible to include some information about where an error occured? I am having a problem getting a modified senario to initialize, but the error message doesn't tell me where in the ship class csv file it found a problem.

(in reply to Woos)
Post #: 384
RE: witpdecoder 0.3c - 4/11/2007 5:01:42 PM   
Woos

For most of the errors during loading a save game file, the witpdecoder.log file will contain the unit/base/... causing the error. But for most initialization errors this is not possible. Witpdecoder simply tells HSQLDB "There is the csv file. Load it!" and then gets back the error report shown/written to witpdecoder.log. witpdecoder does not know more than what is dumped.

Maybe adding a "hsqldb.applog=true" to the witp.properties file will help or creating a server.properties files with "server.trace=true" in it, but I never tried (see http://hsqldb.org/doc/guide/ch04.html#N10A68 ).

Post #: 385
RE: Almost almost There??? - 4/11/2007 5:11:51 PM   
Local Yokel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woos

@Local Yokel
There is not much I can do about exceptions coming from the hsqldb stack. You probably managed to get a corrupted database (don't ask me how). Best bet is to delete all witp.* files in the witpdecoder directory and start over. V0.3c will contain a "batch read in" function to make re-filling the database easier.
If you don't have the save games anymore, you could try to fix the mentioned line in the witp.script file, but you would probably need some knowledge about SQL and hsqldb for that.

Many thanks, Woos - I'll gave that a try!

(in reply to Woos)
Post #: 386
RE: Almost almost There??? - 4/11/2007 6:02:37 PM   
Local Yokel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Local Yokel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woos

@Local Yokel

Many thanks, Woos - I'll gave that a try!

Sorry, meant to say I would 'give' it a try. Have done so and it now seems to load the savefile OK for the reinitialised database - thanks a lot.

(in reply to Local Yokel)
Post #: 387
RE: witpdecoder 0.3c - 4/11/2007 6:17:01 PM   
rtrapasso

It is probably buried somewhere in this mass of stuff, but so far i haven't found it... it says you need JAVA to run this... but when i went to download it, there were multiple different kinds of JAVA present... which one do i need??

(in reply to Woos)
Post #: 388
RE: witpdecoder 0.3c - 4/11/2007 6:34:36 PM   
Woos

> It is probably buried somewhere in this mass of stuff,
In the documentation. Although the page that turns up when following the link given there is a bit confusing.

You need Java Standard Edition Runtime Environment 1.5 or later. Sun probably calls it JRE SE 5 or so. 6 should also work but I never tested it. Thus if you follow the link from the documentation, it is the fourth entry.

< Message edited by Woos -- 4/11/2007 6:41:19 PM >

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 389
RE: witpdecoder 0.3c - 4/12/2007 12:22:45 AM   
Cpt Sherwood

quote:

Maybe adding a "hsqldb.applog=true" to the witp.properties file will help or creating a server.properties files with "server.trace=true" in it, but I never tried (see http://hsqldb.org/doc/guide/ch04.html#N10A68 ).

The first part of this will not work. A new witp.properties file is created every time the witpDecoder is run. I need to try the second method.

(in reply to Woos)
Post #: 390
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Tracking leader stats Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI