Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The burma road

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> The burma road Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The burma road - 4/12/2007 2:01:40 PM   
Chaylaton

Hello Again,

I need reinforcement that I did the right thing. So here it goes, some may know that I'm playing the axis in my current three player game, so I decided to start banking 2 to 3 build points with Japan so I could afford a new O chit because in the N/D turn of 40 I blew the pre bought one with Yamamoto down south in China to get to the soft under side of China and have 2 different hexes to cut the burma road. So the question I have is this if the allies don't do anything against japan can china hold off japan w/o the freeby build points coming in from CW and USA?

Chaylaton

2112 greatest rock song ever?

I say "Rush Rules"

There are only four Gods from Canada: Alex, Geddy, Neil and Wayne:)
Post #: 1
RE: The burma road - 4/12/2007 2:45:47 PM   
Froonp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chaylaton

Hello Again,

I need reinforcement that I did the right thing. So here it goes, some may know that I'm playing the axis in my current three player game, so I decided to start banking 2 to 3 build points with Japan so I could afford a new O chit because in the N/D turn of 40 I blew the pre bought one with Yamamoto down south in China to get to the soft under side of China and have 2 different hexes to cut the burma road. So the question I have is this if the allies don't do anything against japan can china hold off japan w/o the freeby build points coming in from CW and USA?

Chaylaton

If you play with the oil rule, the only thing that China will miss is Oil. In the games I'was in, I've never seen any lend lease of BP to China, only Oil. In the game I was in, I never saw China conquered neither.

(in reply to Chaylaton)
Post #: 2
RE: The burma road - 4/12/2007 3:49:58 PM   
michaelbaldur

but i thought ....... maybe CW must give china 1-3 bp a turn ....... but only if cw gets food in flames

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 3
RE: The burma road - 4/12/2007 5:29:21 PM   
composer99

CW usually has too many things of its own to build to spare China a whole pilot or bomber's worth of BPs every turn.

As for your question - China is at risk of collapse if the Japanese manage all of these: to knock out the Commie cities, cut the Burma Road & threaten Chungking. If the Japanese have done this, whether using their o-chit or not, the Chinese are not likely to be able to withstand the Japanese onslaught.

Otherwise, China can probably last through the game, even without lend-lease, since the Japanese will inevitably be distracted by pressure from the USA and CW. The key then becomes whether or not they can rebuild enough to make a comeback.

~ Composer99

(in reply to michaelbaldur)
Post #: 4
RE: The burma road - 4/12/2007 7:20:43 PM   
c92nichj

In CWIF I have seen China conquered two of three times the third time they kicked Japan out of the the mainland by '43.

In regular WIF I have seen china conquered(or surrendered) about one out of three games, japan need to get a little bit lucky and use HQ-support and her bombers to get decent odds, once China starts loosing troops japan can outflank her.

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> The burma road Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI