Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Generals with Initiative

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Generals' Biographies Project >> Generals with Initiative Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Generals with Initiative - 4/8/2007 11:04:01 PM   
General Quarters

Some generals, whether or not they were good in battle, were very quick to move: Lyon, Banks, and Pope come to mind. Lyon was extraordinarily aggressive. I think these three, and no doubt others not coming to mind, should be raised in this category. If necessary to maintain their accurate overall rating, they could be reduced in some other trait.

On the same score, Thomas, who receives a 5 for initiative (same as Lyons and higher than Pope's 3), should be reduced in this category.
Post #: 1
RE: Generals with Initiative - 4/13/2007 7:45:59 AM   
mikeejay2

thomas should be a 1 or at most a 2 on iniative. he would not make a move until every thing was perfect. my research on him has him not reacting to orders to move until he was damn good and ready

(in reply to General Quarters)
Post #: 2
RE: Generals with Initiative - 4/13/2007 5:23:46 PM   
General Quarters

Rosecrans too. It took two threats of firing, and even they seem to have been ineffectual, before Rosecrans would move against Bragg. Then, after Stone's River, he did not pursue, and Shelby Foote reports that he gave the Army of Tennesee the longest vacation from action that any sizable rebel force had during the entire war. Rosecrans was very capable in the other categories but not in initiative.

(in reply to mikeejay2)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Generals' Biographies Project >> Generals with Initiative Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI