Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Did u know that enemy aircraft can be captured?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> Did u know that enemy aircraft can be captured? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Did u know that enemy aircraft can be captured? - 4/20/2007 9:57:42 PM   
BKnowles

Today is July 6th 1942.

Reports have just been received that the elements of the China Command have relieved Canton on July the 4th forcing the defending forces to retire. For some reason they elected to retreat towards Hong Kong rather than eastwards.

The Chinese forces then pressed their numerical advantage and immediately continued marching onward to Hong Kong leaving a rear guard to garrison Canton.

In a single days action the estimated 64,000 Japanese troops were forced to retreat into the country side and now face certain starvation if they elect not to surrender.

I do not expect them to surrender however, thus a long drawn out battle of attrition will now be necessary.

General Chiang Kai-Chek
Officer Commanding
China Command HQ

Well that was the fun part, what I did not expect from this action, as I have not previously read anything that indicated this possibility, was to capture an entire squadron of enemy Ki-51 Sonia Dive Bombers late of the 44th Lt Sentai.

I immediately supplied replacement pilots and transferred them to Wuchow. Interestingly enough though they are not automatically listed in the list of squadrons based at this airfield. Have I acquired a '5th army' will they bomb my own troops, or will they be usable by me at all?

Following is an image of the local map space.

[image][/image]

Whilst it is great to demonstrate this result, is there anybody able to comment on my earlier question?

Archangel

NB, it appears that I cannot supply both images that apply to this message. I will submit a shot of the captured squadron next.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by BKnowles -- 4/20/2007 10:10:12 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Did u know that enemy aircraft can be captured? - 4/20/2007 10:01:26 PM   
BKnowles

This is the image of the captured squadron.

Archangel

[image][/image]

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by BKnowles -- 4/20/2007 10:06:25 PM >

(in reply to BKnowles)
Post #: 2
RE: Did u know that enemy aircraft can be captured? - 4/20/2007 11:04:12 PM   
Terminus

Aircraft teleportation. It's a bug...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to BKnowles)
Post #: 3
RE: Did u know that enemy aircraft can be captured? - 4/20/2007 11:41:04 PM   
AmiralLaurent

They will fly from Allied base, using Allied supply... and attacked Allied ships...

I had a P-40 squadron reforming in PH in my AAR Bloody Pacific. I had bomber training there (by carrying supplies) and suddenly one turn they were intercepted by P-40B. I didn't see where they may come from but understand later. By the way they didn't shoot down any of my AC.

Now I had this unit. You can move it to one of your base, and give it orders, but the only order that will be useful to you is rest...

I don't know what happens if someone bombs the airfield where this unit is... My "captured" squadron had been sent to Kwantung to do "victory bon" tours...

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 4
RE: Did u know that enemy aircraft can be captured? - 4/21/2007 1:13:59 AM   
BKnowles

Greetings Admiral,

Thank you for that, you have confirmed my suspicions.

Archangel

(in reply to AmiralLaurent)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> Did u know that enemy aircraft can be captured? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI