Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: In Drydock

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: In Drydock Page: <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: In Drydock - 4/18/2007 3:00:40 AM   
Terminus

A well deserved breather for the men of the good ship Hibiki...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 511
RE: In Drydock - 4/18/2007 3:00:58 AM   
Cuttlefish

June 19, 1942

Course: None
Attached to: Disbanded in port
Mission: None
System Damage: 25
Float Damage: 0
Fires: 0
Fuel: 475

Orders: Repair the ship and get back in the war.

---

As mentioned, news of the war is everywhere one turns in Japan. As they work on Hibiki or travel about Japan, as they get information from contacts in the military or from the news, the crew of the Hibiki picks up a pretty good picture of what is happening in the war.

The major topic of discussion within the military regarding the Pacific is the question of further expansion. Japan has already secured her goal of a defensive perimeter. There are voices, however, that argue that the Allies have suffered significant setbacks and that Japan should continue to strike while they can. Plans are proposed to invade Midway, Fiji, New Zealand, or even Australia. In the end these plans are dismissed as unrealistic fantasy. Japan will fortify and defend her perimeter and dare the Allies to attempt to break it.

The only active point in the Pacific right now is the struggle the Hibiki left behind, the campaign to retake Wake Island. The invasion is expected any day. It is believed that the cost of this defeat and the obvious impossibility of breaching Japan’s defenses will force the Americans to make peace with Japan.

In the Philippines, on Java, and in the rest of the Southern Resource Area all opposition has long since ceased. Little news comes out of this area, but oil, ore, rubber, and many other goods are now flowing freely to Japan from this treasure house.

News comes from China of sweeping victories. Kweilin and Wuchow have recently fallen, and word is that over 200,000 Chinese troops attempting to advance from Homan have been cut off. Their inevitable destruction is expected to open the gateway to further Japanese conquests.

The reports from Burma are slightly less clear. A long battle has been raging for Akyab, but recent news broadcasts have gone from speaking of victory to speaking of the decision to “realign the axis of advance” in Burma away from the coast. Further news reports speak of a recent victory at Mandalay, which is a little confusing to some as Mandalay was conquered over two months ago.

The air war is raging more hotly here than anywhere else in the war, and the Japanese public thrills to tales of the exploits of famous aces such as the Kurikane brothers, who vie almost daily to outdo one another’s kill totals.

Some officers aboard the Hibiki learn that it is here that the division between the Army and the Navy has flared most bitterly. The Army had pushed for a move to outflank Burma by invading Ceylon and mainland India, but had been overruled by the Navy. The Navy claimed there simply were not enough transports, warships, or carriers to support such an operation. The Army now complains bitterly that their recent struggles in Burma are thus the Navy’s fault.

All this, however, is a minor issue in the overall strategic picture. There are few in Japan, in the military or out of it, who do not think the war is as good as won. To the crew of the Hibiki this attitude is an odd contrast to the bitter resistance from the Americans they encountered out in the far reaches of the Pacific, the resistance that put Hibiki in drydock. The men work hard at repairing their ship. Whatever the politicians and the top brass say, the crew suspects that Hibiki will be seeing action once again before this war is over.

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 512
RE: Home Again, Home Again - 4/18/2007 3:03:26 AM   
kaleun

quote:

Anyway, I wondered how a Japanese commander might deal with the problem if he recognized the signs. He probably wouldn’t think of it in the terms we think of it today, but he might have circumspect ways to try and deal with it, ways that would not even acknowledge there was a problem.

Acknowledging the problem would make his subordinate "lose face" and make it worse, IMHO

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 513
RE: Home Again, Home Again - 4/18/2007 3:08:08 AM   
Terminus

Sounds about right... In the extreme, it would lead to the suicide of the subordinate...

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 514
RE: Home Again, Home Again - 4/18/2007 3:34:16 AM   
kaleun

Many cultures are sensitive to 'losing face' Spaniards are quite sensitive to it, but it does seem like Asians (Meaning Chinese, Vietnamese, Koreans and Japanese) are specially punctilious about it.

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 515
RE: In Drydock - 4/19/2007 3:28:29 AM   
Cuttlefish

June 20, 1942

System Damage: 24

---

Taiki, Riku, and Shiro are walking down a street in Osaka. Riku has lured the other two along with the promise of buying them a good dinner. Riku has every intention of doing just that, as he has plenty of cash. Too much, in fact, for him to feel comfortable walking the streets by himself. He intends to turn most of it into gold for his money belt, a fact he does not intend to reveal to even his good friends.

Ahead is one of the better restaurants in this part of the city. Standing outside are two women. One is an elderly woman with an upright carraige and alert demeanor. The other is a maiden of perhaps seventeen. She is dressed in a modest kimono and is looking about with a bright, eager glance. Even from some distance it is apparent that she is possessed of a delicate beauty, with a kind smile and large, expressive eyes.

The old woman appears to gently chide the younger one, and the girl subsides slightly. As the three sailors approach she lowers her head in genuine modesty. Taiki notices that Riku’s usually springy step is faltering, and gives him a friendly nudge to move him along. They start to detour politely around the two women when the older woman speaks.

“My pardon,” she says, “but would you gentlemen by chance be from the destroyer Hibiki?” The three men come to a stop.

“Yes ma’am, we are,” says the gregarious and friendly Shiro. “Is there something we can do for you?”

“Forgive my rudeness in disturbing you, but we are waiting for my son, who is a shipmate of yours. I wonder if perhaps you have seen him?” She speaks with a bit of a Ryukyan accent. Taiki glances at Riku, expecting him to answer, and is startled to see Riku staring at the young woman. He has the look of a man who has just been stunned by a blow to the head. Riku’s success with women is legendary aboard the ship, and Taiki has never before seen his friend at a loss for words when meeting one. Shiro also glances at Riku, then continues.

“It’s no bother, we are glad to help if we can,” says Shiro. He introduces the three of them. Taiki murmers a polite greeting, but Riku remains rooted to the spot. “Who is your son?”

“I am the widow Rin Shun, and this is my granddaughter Nanami. My son is Chief Petty Officer Shun,” says the old woman. For a moment Taiki stands amazed. It is not possible that the beautiful, delicate young woman in front of him is the daughter of the famously ugly Chief. Riku’s eyes widen in surprise, and Shiro attempts to cover his gasp by pretending to cough.

“We saw him as we were departing,” says Shiro at last. “No doubt he will be along shortly.”

“Many thanks,” says the old woman. Shiro and Taiki take a step, but stop when Riku does not move. Taiki feels the first stirrings of alarm. Riku stirs, and looks as if he is about to speak. Taiki’s alarm changes to true fear when he hears a low sound, rather like a growl, coming from behind.

The three men turn and see the powerful, stocky figure of Shun standing close behind them. Taiki realizes that until this moment he has never seen the Chief truly angry. The most frightening thing about it is that to outward appearances Shun’s face is calm, almost pleasant. But his eyes are blazing and there is a hunched tension in his posture that speaks to Taiki of murderous fury.

“Have these men been bothering you, Mother?” Shun says. His voice sounds like rocks grinding together. The widow Shun shakes her head.

“No, no, they have been the soul of courtesy,” she says. “In fact it is I who bothered them, asking if they had seen you.” Shun disgests this and relaxes slightly. He turns to the three men and somehow manages a smile. It is the most frightening thing Taiki has ever seen.

“I see,” he says. “But I am sure they have business elsewhere and we should not continue to detain them.” This is obviously a command, and even Riku steps quickly as they murmur farewells and depart. By the time they are halfway down the block they are almost running.

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 516
RE: In Drydock - 4/19/2007 3:50:54 AM   
kaleun

This was rich

Sun Tzu

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 517
RE: In Drydock - 4/19/2007 4:33:00 AM   
princep01

quote:

ORIGINAL: kaleun

This was rich

Richer only if Riku had said something "colorful" to the Chief's daughter. All the gold in his money belt could not have saved him from the wrath of Shun. Hodaddy.....there are some women that are truly off limits. This is one of them, though Riku may yet make a "move". He was clearly thunderstruck.

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 518
RE: In Drydock - 4/19/2007 9:56:47 AM   
Barb

UFFF! seems like Riku had fallen deep into a BIG PROBLEM with Shuns daughter 

(in reply to princep01)
Post #: 519
RE: In Drydock - 4/19/2007 11:53:49 AM   
Terminus

A new way to commit suicide: putting the moves on the chief's daughter...

(in reply to Barb)
Post #: 520
RE: In Drydock - 4/19/2007 9:43:32 PM   
Cuttlefish

June 21, 1942

System Damage: 23

---

1st Fleet Headquarters, Kobe:

Vice Admiral Takasu: Hello, Captain Ishii. Good of you to come in. How are the repairs going?

Captain Ishii: *salutes* They are going well, sir, thank you.

Admiral Takasu: Have a seat. I’ve been looking over that assessment of the anti-aircraft improvements you wrote. *picks up and studies a sheaf of papers*

Captain Ishii: *braces himself* Sir, I was rather upset at the time. I know I shouldn’t have…

Admiral Takasu: A very insightful report. Good work.

Captain Ishii: Sir?

Admiral Takasu: It’s been forwarded up the chain of command. Yet one more piece of evidence that while we’ve made a good beginning there is more work to do.

Captain Ishii: *muttering to himself* Miharu…

Admiral Takasu: What, Captain?

Captain Ishii: Nothing, sir. Please go on.

Admiral Takasu: As you may know, right now in the Home Islands we have one aircraft carrier, two battleships, three heavy cruisers, and nearly a dozen light cruisers and destroyers in for major repairs. All were damaged by enemy air attack. We need those ships out there fighting, not here getting patched up.

Captain Ishii: So many?

Admiral Takasu: Yes. Furthermore, since the beginning of the war we have lost seven destroyers to enemy aircraft or submarines, but we have not lost a single warship to enemy gunfire. *he grins* We’ve sunk a few of theirs that way, though. But it’s a new kind of war, Captain.

Captain Ishii: I admit, sir, that when the war started I openly doubted whether or not airplanes could sink battleships.

Admiral Takasu: You and many others. But on the basis of this report you’ve written I may send some of our naval architects to talk to you. We can’t just add more anti-aircraft guns at random, of course. It adds too much weight topsides, especially for destroyers. But we’re working on it, rest assured, and you have more practical experience with the matter than most.

Captain Ishii: While we are working on it, no doubt the Americans and the British are working on more effective planes and weapons.

Admiral Takasu: No doubt they are. But we’ve managed to stay a step ahead of them so far, and I’m sure that with our fighting spirit and determination we will continue to do so.

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 521
RE: In Drydock - 4/19/2007 9:46:21 PM   
Cuttlefish

June 22, 1942

System Damage: 23

---

“Are you mad?” yells Taiki, grabbing Riku and pushing him up against a bulkhead. Riku winces and looks around nervously.

“Lower your voice!” he hisses. Taiki takes a deep breath and releases his grip.

“Sorry,” he says. “But Riku-san, you know what Shun thinks of you. If you ask for permission to see his daughter he will injure you severely. If you try and see her without permission he will kill you. I’m not exaggerating. He really will kill you.”

“But Taiki,” says Riku plaintively, “I’m in love with her.” Taiki throws up his hands in exasperation.

“You are an idiot!” he says. “You saw her for one minute. She did not speak a word. You cannot be in love with her.” Riku just looks stubborn. Taiki sighs. “Look, she is not like the women you know. She is a village girl from one of the most old fashioned parts of Japan. You saw her. She is modest and proper, and there is no chance in all the world that she would see you unaccompanied by her grandmother.” Riku looks up, suddenly intent.

“You know where she is from?” he says. Taiki shakes his head.

“You haven’t heard anything else I’ve said, have you?” he says. “Yes, I’ve asked around a little.”

“What have you heard? Tell me, Taiki, please!”

“If I do will you forget this insane plan to speak to Shun?” asks Taiki. Riku hesitates, then nods.

“She is Shun’s only child. She and her grandmother live in the village of Kunigami at the north end of Okinawa. Her mother died when she was very young. They are staying in Osaka with an aunt and uncle of hers, and when Shun gets leave they will be returning to Okinawa. That’s all I know.”

“Taiki, I must speak to her before she leaves!” Taiki groans.

“You must plan for your own funeral!” he says, then relents slightly. “Look, promise me to do or say nothing about this. To anyone. Let me think about it and see what I can come up with.” Riku grasps Taiki’s sleeve.

“Thanks, Taiki! You are a good friend. I know you have a clever mind, I have faith in you.”

“Do you promise?” says Taiki sternly. Riku nods. Taiki claps him gently on the shoulder, then departs. Riku remains leaning against the bulkhead for a moment, lost in lovelorn thought, then stirs himself and returns to his duties.

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 522
RE: In Drydock - 4/20/2007 2:13:43 AM   
Onime No Kyo

I think Hibiki is about to be short a crewman....and if Shun finds out that Taiki's involved, she'll be short two.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 523
RE: In Drydock - 4/20/2007 3:17:52 AM   
kaleun

Sun Tzu

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 524
RE: In Drydock - 4/20/2007 5:07:42 AM   
Japanese_Spirit

Ah-ha, now this is some of my favourite reading and that is "romance". But, to put it in a thought, Riku and Shun's daughter would be the "Grandparents" in today's world. It really is pleasant to read and think of how that generation was, especially with the "polite" attitude on asking the Father for permission to "see" the daughter.

Anyway, a most excellent piece of writing, sir! I look forward to your next update!

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 525
RE: In Drydock - 4/20/2007 8:19:45 AM   
goodboyladdie

We'll just have to be careful that when they make the movie they do not concentrate on this bit. The last thing we want the movie to be is a chick-flick!

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 526
RE: In Drydock - 4/20/2007 11:20:30 AM   
cantona

quote:

ORIGINAL: goodboyladdie

We'll just have to be careful that when they make the movie they do not concentrate on this bit. The last thing we want the movie to be is a chick-flick!

as long as ben affleck and josh harnett are involved erm way

1966 was a great year for english football...eric was born

(in reply to goodboyladdie)
Post #: 527
RE: In Drydock - 4/20/2007 4:46:33 PM   
princep01

quote:

ORIGINAL: cantona

quote:

as long as ben affleck and josh harnett are involved erm way

Right on, Bro. No more Pearl Harbor schizo films that cannot make up their mind whether they are a romantic film or a war flick. Geez.

Carry on Cuttlefish and Hibiki.

(in reply to cantona)
Post #: 528
RE: In Drydock - 4/20/2007 6:27:08 PM   
ny59giants

That's why my favorite movie are Tora, Tora, Tora; The Longest Day; and A Bridge Too Far.
Just action and no romance. 

(in reply to princep01)
Post #: 529
RE: In Drydock - 4/20/2007 6:38:24 PM   
kaleun

quote:

Well, a little boobie never hurt anyone (See the 300 yet)

Sun Tzu

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 530
RE: In Drydock - 4/21/2007 1:02:33 AM   
Cuttlefish

June 23, 1942

System Damage: 22

---

At sea the Imperial Japanese Navy destroyer Hibiki is a fast, agile engine of destruction, bristling with weapons and capable of sinking any ship afloat with her broadside of nine torpedoes. In the cradle in drydock she is just 371 feet of inert steel. Captain Ishii paces the deck of his ship. It feels wrong to be aboard and not feel the tilting of the ship from the waves or the vibration of her deck plates from her powerful engines. From the port side comes a steady pounding as the repair crews work on the deformed sections of hull around the hole.

Captain Ishii is saddened to hear that the ship upon which he served as executive officer, the Inazuma, has been stricken off Wake Island. The destroyer, a sister ship of the Hibiki, is being towed towards Kwajalein but is not expected to make it. He sighs and tries to put it out of his mind. There is nothing he can do to help, not with his ship out of the water so far away.

---

Seaman First Class Taiki Takahashi has been wracking his brain for almost a full day. He has considered and discarded more than a dozen plans as unworkable. He would give it up as hopeless, but he knows that if he doesn’t do something his friend will act on his own, with disastrous results.

Taiki finally comes to a decision. Consistent with his nature, his solution is direct and honest. He writes a note in the best hand he can muster and has it delivered to a house in Osaka.

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 531
RE: In Drydock - 4/21/2007 1:03:43 AM   
Cuttlefish

June 24, 1942

System Damage: 21

---

The widow Rin Shun sips her tea and gazes at the earnest young sailor sitting on the mat across the table from her. They are in a pleasant little tea house, and Taiki has just finished telling her of his dilemma. The old woman is “looking at his feet” as they say in Japan, attempting to assess the young man’s character.

She has some sympathy for his problem. In truth, she has been worried lately about how she is to see her granddaughter Nanami married. Her son refuses to agree to arrange a marriage; none of the candidates proposed have been nearly good enough, in his view. And all of the potential suitors on Okinawa have been forcibly discouraged or driven off by the fierce Chief Petty Officer.

The widow Shun loves her son, but understands him well and knows that Taiki is right to be worried. She finishes her study of the young sailor. He seems intelligent and honorable, and she comes to a decision.

“There is no way my granddaughter could meet with your friend and not tell her father of it afterward. She tells him everything, and it not only would it be deeply wrong to ask her to withhold something, I very much doubt she would do it. But I think that under the circumstances we may be forgiven for practicing a small deception.” Taiki listens intently.

“If you and a group of friends were to encounter the two of us again by chance even my son could not find grounds to take action. He may grumble, but he is a fair man. So here is what we shall do. Can you and your friend get away from the ship tomorrow morning? Good. Bring him and several other friends – make it two or three more, at least – and take a stroll along the Yodo riverside promenade. It is just possible that my granddaughter and I will be examining the gardens there. And if we are, well then, your friend would only be behaving politely if he spoke briefly with her.” Taiki nods.

“Thank you,” he says. “Thank you a thousand times. I shall do as you suggest.”

“Your friend will have to be content with that,” says the old woman. “The day after that we are leaving to return to Okinawa.”

“That will be the end of it,” promises Taiki, “even if I have to chain him below decks until Hibiki sails again.” The old woman smiles.

“We have a saying on Okinawa,” she says. “‘There are four things to dread: earthquakes, thunder and lightning, fire, and fathers’.” Taiki nods again.

“Yes,” he says, “we have that saying where I am from too.”

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 532
RE: In Drydock - 4/21/2007 1:06:14 AM   
Cuttlefish

June 25, 1942

System Damage: 20

---

In the morning the men of the Hibiki are electrified to hear that a powerful American battle group appeared off Nanomea the previous day and is busy landing two divisions. They are opposed only by a base force and some Naval Landing Force troops. While there is little hope that the garrison can resist such an attack, this is exactly the opportunity the Imperial Japanese Navy has been looking for: to find and finally smash the American fleet. Suddenly it is agony to be stuck in drydock in Japan when the Decisive Battle is perhaps only days away.

---

Excerpt from “Naval Battles of the Pacific War, Volume II: Pacific Empire” by Morris Elliot Samuelson; Harper, Row, and Fujimori, New York, 1965

The American invasion of Nanomea came as a complete surprise to the Japanese. They responded quickly with all the force at their disposal, but by the time their carriers arrived from Kwajalein the island was secured and the American fleet was fleeing south.

The Japanese planes caught and sank three old Clemson-class destroyers and the eight freighters they were escorting, but the main body of the American fleet escaped. The only capital ship to suffer significant damage was battleship California, which was struck during the initial invasion by two torpedoes from Japanese twin-engine bombers based at Tarawa.

While the Americans had pulled off a successful invasion, they soon found that they had two divisions essentially stranded behind Japanese lines. Only time was to tell whether the invasion had thrust a wedge into the Japanese perimeter or created a trap from which the American forces could not escape.

---

From the diary of Seaman First Class Taiki Takahashi:

June 25, 1942

I am so glad that is all over. It went as we had planned, an “accidental” encounter between the women and six crewmen from the Hibiki. Once over her initial shyness Miss Shun seemed pleased to talk to us, or rather pleased to talk to men who served with her father, who she obviously adores.

Riku did get to speak with her, though he was more tongue-tied than I have ever seen him. Shiro and I carried most of the conversation, with help from the other three fellows. Everything was quite proper, and after a decent interval her grandmother shepherded her away.

Now we can get back to business as usual. I spoke most strongly to Riku, and he agreed that he was satisfied and would do nothing further for now. It’s clear that he is still lovestruck, but she is going back to Okinawa and we will soon be back at sea and that should be the end of it.

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 533
RE: In Drydock - 4/21/2007 4:41:09 AM   
Capt. Harlock

quote:

In the morning the men of the Hibiki are electrified to hear that a powerful American battle group appeared off Nanomea the previous day and is busy landing two divisions. They are opposed only by a base force and some Naval Landing Force troops. While there is little hope that the garrison can resist such an attack, this is exactly the opportunity the Imperial Japanese Navy has been looking for: to find and finally smash the American fleet. Suddenly it is agony to be stuck in drydock in Japan when the Decisive Battle is perhaps only days away.

---

Excerpt from “Naval Battles of the Pacific War, Volume II: Pacific Empire” by Morris Elliot Samuelson; Harper, Row, and Fujimori, New York, 1965

The American invasion of Nanomea came as a complete surprise to the Japanese. They responded quickly with all the force at their disposal, but by the time their carriers arrived from Kwajalein the island was secured and the American fleet was fleeing south.

The Japanese planes caught and sank three old Clemson-class destroyers and the eight freighters they were escorting, but the main body of the American fleet escaped. The only capital ship to suffer significant damage was battleship California, which was struck during the initial invasion by two torpedoes from Japanese twin-engine bombers based at Tarawa.

While the Americans had pulled off a successful invasion, they soon found that they had two divisions essentially stranded behind Japanese lines. Only time was to tell whether the invasion had thrust a wedge into the Japanese perimeter or created a trap from which the American forces could not escape.

Ah, those sneaky Americans! We thought the Decisive Battle was going to be at Wake. Now, the question is can the IJN blockade two forward American bases at once, until first one and then the other is re-taken?

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 534
RE: In Drydock - 4/21/2007 11:13:23 AM   
Cuttlefish

quote:

Not to worry. I've already signed a movie deal and it's in the contract that the film will be a good old fashioned war movie. The poster should reassure you:

Attachment (1)

Post #: 535
RE: In Drydock - 4/21/2007 2:28:32 PM   
goodboyladdie

Fantastic!

Who will get the cameo of Milo?

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 536
RE: In Drydock - 4/22/2007 12:26:13 AM   
kaleun

Ziyi Zhang (Memoirs of a Geisha) for Nanami.
Hibiki
Rated R for violence and brief nudity!

Sun Tzu

Post #: 537
RE: In Drydock - 4/22/2007 12:45:35 AM   
Terminus

quote:

Fantastic!

Who will get the cameo of Milo?

Hmmm, John C. McGinley? Maybe not weasely enough...

Post #: 538
RE: In Drydock - 4/22/2007 5:10:55 AM   
Japanese_Spirit

Nice update Cuttlefish! You know, I did have an idea but once the war does end, do you think you will do a part on what each crewman did with their lives afterwards? That would be pretty good. Also, in regards to tactics, it wouldn't be unseemly unrealistic if you were to try not just taking Wake back but also going for Midway and possibly even Hawaii as a last resort.....but, this is just an idea.

And last but not least, in regards to your film, how about John Wayne as a submarine Captain or playing Admiral Halsey? You can't have a decent Pacific War film in without John Wayne. Heck, John Wayne could lead a Destroyer...... Perhaps even fight the Japanese on Nanomea? Just ideas for a possible memoriable film.

< Message edited by Japanese_Spirit -- 4/22/2007 5:11:07 AM >

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 539
RE: In Drydock - 4/22/2007 6:00:17 AM   
kaleun

No John Wayne movie is R rated!

Sun Tzu

(in reply to Japanese_Spirit)
Post #: 540
Page:   <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: In Drydock Page: <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI