Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Need help with load custom maps, as designed.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Need help with load custom maps, as designed. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Need help with load custom maps, as designed. - 4/23/2007 4:05:01 PM   
Dan K

Greetings! I could use some help, if you would. In spwaw or spwawh2hfr. In the game editor, battles, load custom map, use custom map as designed. This feature doesn't work for me. Am I missing something obvious or is there a setting that I need to change? On custom maps loaded this way, the program changes the victory hex locations as in a random manner. It's driving me crazy. I've read every post I could find, all the way back to 2001, and can't find an answer. Any help would be appreciated! I'm running version 8.403. Separate install for h2hfr.
Many thanks in advance, Keif149

Post #: 1
RE: Need help with load custom maps, as designed. - 4/23/2007 5:03:24 PM   
Goblin

Dan,

When you click the button for custom map, as designed, does it send you to a screen allowing you to browse the list of maps? It should, and it should allow you to chose one, then click continue. The map should have the victory hexes on it as the designer placed them, if he did. If it is not allowing you to chose from the map list, then there is something wrong right there.

Goblin

(in reply to Dan K)
Post #: 2
RE: Need help with load custom maps, as designed. - 4/23/2007 5:32:29 PM   
Dan K

Hey Goblin!
Thanks for the speedy reply! I'll try to expand my question. Yes, it directs me to the map list ok. But, when I try to set up a pbem game using custom map as designed, when I'm in the purchase screen and I view the map, I can see the vh are randomly placed. Even just purchasing a couple of units and going to deploy, in an experimental setting, the vhs are indeed placed as in a random matter. It happens when I choose maps included in the game, and some that I have designed. Now if I am creating a scenario, the vhs are in place as designed. I just wanted to place the vhs in a pbem in a more meaningful manor. It almost seems like the game code isn't recognizing the as designed button, and treating it as random placement. How does it work on your copy? Alass, I am running the dl version. Would it be differant in the purchsed version? I asked some veteran sp players and they said it is a glitch, as it doesn't work for them either. Curious, as I have read deep into the posts and no one addresses it. It's not a problem of retreat hexes being switched or placement of start lines or vhs, I understand all that. Haven't played much pbem, but was looking forward to getting into it more. Just some of the random placement of vhs take away from an otherwise good map.
Thanks for listening! keifer.

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 3
RE: Need help with load custom maps, as designed. - 4/23/2007 7:29:21 PM   
Goblin

Try it in a normal solitaire game. I suspect it will work in a solitaire game. The problem may be with the PBEM part. I believe you would have to use a created scenario, not just its map component. I designed a few scenarios for PBEM for others here, and think I may have hit that same problem when trying to use a custom map, map cannot really remember, in all honesty. See if it works solitaire. If it doesn't, it may be a bad steel.prf file, or bad install. If it does work, then I'm stumped, and maybe someone a bit more knowledgable can help...

Goblin

(in reply to Dan K)
Post #: 4
RE: Need help with load custom maps, as designed. - 4/23/2007 7:31:19 PM   
Goblin

To answer another of your questions, all copies of the game are the same, download or included with the Generals' Edition. The game itself is free, and Matrix put it in with the GE as a convenience. You are not actually paying for it, but rather for the Mega Campaigns when you purchase the GE.

Goblin

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 5
RE: Need help with load custom maps, as designed. - 4/24/2007 12:22:15 AM   
Dan K

Hi Goblin,

Yeah,they work if I do it as a scenario. I tried deleting the .prf file and a clean reinstall before I wrote the first time. I was just hoping for the fun of an unknown battle. I didn't mind making  a nice map from a random one, but wanted the fun of a pbem where both sides purchased their forces. I suppose if a person plays a friend, they could agree to purchasing an agreed amount, and send the files back and forth like a hot seat game, or I could just make it into a scenario.
Thanks again. If anyone else has an idea please post!
Keif149

(in reply to Goblin)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Need help with load custom maps, as designed. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI