Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Japanese opponent wanted.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Japanese opponent wanted. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Japanese opponent wanted. - 5/1/2007 5:03:50 PM   
String

Hi I'm looking for a Japanese opponent for CHS 2.08 Scenario 159 (or alternatively 158 with nikmod modifications).

Historical surprise/first turn on.
PDU on/off (negotiable)
Submarine doctrines off.
1 turn per day
FOW on
Weather on
Allied damage control on.

0. If a country didn't do something for solid operational reasons, don't do it. If it was not done for political reasons--OK to do it.

1. No bombing empty bases to artificially enhance pilot training. Ditto for bomber supply runs.

2. All Chinese land and air units that are assigned to China Command HQ are only permitted to move, or base, within China, Japanese Occupied China or Manchukuo. Chinese land and air units can ONLY move to locations outside China if they are first transferred to another HQ.

3. Air units belonging to China Command are allowed to fly missions to hexes outside China.

4. All Australian nationality Brigade and Division LCUs are only allowed to move within Australia Proper, DEI, Solomon Islands, New Britain, New Guinea (For flexibility purposes, I could reason that Australia would see those as part of it's expanded defense perimeter). The exception is all Australian LCUs of this size that are designated as AIF units, e.g. 9th Division AIF; the two AIF Brigades that start in Malaya. This restriction is permanent, even if the units are reassigned to a HQ other than ANZAC Command, and still applies even if a Division or Brigade is split into smaller units.

5. There are no restrictions for Australian air units, other than the normal restrictions that apply to air units that are assigned to the ANZAC Command restricted HQ.

6. Canadian land and air units can only be deployed in North America, including Canada, the USA, Alaska and the Aleutian Islands. This restriction is permanent, even if the units are reassigned to a HQ other than Canada Command.

7. Japanese land and air units that are assigned to the Kwantung Area Army HQ can not leave Manchukuo. They may leave if they are transferred to another HQ.

8. Naval Attack missions by 4 Engined Bombers must be at or above 10000 feet.

9. B29 only on level 6 or 7+ airfields, this should limit them to places that were big enough in real life.

10. Allied Bomber attacks against HI/manpower restricted to industrial sites owned by Japan prior to the war ( Allies would not bomb friendly populations.)

11. No Japanese Surface Movement past Singapore until it has fallen.

12. No more than x50 aircraft per airfield level (does not count aircraft transiting), except for size 10 where all restrictions are lifted.

13. Japanese subs allowed to enter the shipping lanes.

14. No invasion of Aden or exploiting the andrew brown map special features. No LBA attacks on sea traffic running from india to australia and back along the map edge, no surface ships in the channels from panama and Aden.

15. No allied aircraft through soviet airfields before the soviets are activated. If any squadrons do end up there they are interned until soviet activation

16. If the japanese player invades USSR the soviets must be activated one week in advance and the allied player notified.

17. I'd like a war in the pacific, not land war in asia. Chinese front ought to stay more or less static unless the allies start 4E bomber attacks from there on the japanese industry. (negotiable)

18. No Corsairs on US carriers before 1/44, no corsairs or hellcats
on CVE's EVER (they couldn't fit). No japanese second generation AC on the CVE's, meaning only zeroes, kates, val's, claudes and biplane DB/TB. Later models were too big to fit in the hangar. Anything that can fit is okay for ferrying though, but they must be set on training whilst on the CVE.

19. No sillyness such as transferring west coast forts to karachi or units from west coast directly to chungking via PP. To get units to china via PP they must be moved to india first.

20. No to sending the KB half way around the world after pearl harbor. Although it's not modelled in the game they were at the edge of their range and had to retire to tokyo, even with the refuelling.

21. Nightbombing is only allowed with one group per target. If the group is dividable then it must be divided first and then only one of the fragments can be used.

City attacks are exempt from this rule as are special night capable groups (night fighters)

22. No silly stuff and have fun

Send me a PM and then post here if you wish to have a game.

< Message edited by String -- 5/1/2007 5:06:54 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Japanese opponent wanted. - 5/2/2007 5:36:15 PM   
dwwindsor

If you are still interested let me know. This would be a first pbem for me but I have plenty of experience vs the ai.

(in reply to String)
Post #: 2
RE: Japanese opponent wanted. - 5/2/2007 6:24:58 PM   
String

Well, it wouldn't be my first PBEM but I'd like to take a relaxed and more or less historic route in this game so i don't think it matters too much.

So PM me your contact details and any additional house rules or changes you wish to implement.

(in reply to dwwindsor)
Post #: 3
RE: Japanese opponent wanted. - 5/2/2007 8:27:10 PM   
aztez

I was very tempted with this request but unfortunately not enough "freetime" floating around

Good luck with the game.

(in reply to String)
Post #: 4
RE: Japanese opponent wanted. - 5/2/2007 8:29:09 PM   
dwwindsor

That was for me I assume.  Considering the experience imbalance I will need all the luck I can find!

(in reply to aztez)
Post #: 5
RE: Japanese opponent wanted. - 5/2/2007 10:28:01 PM   
String

Yep. dwwindsor is my esteemed opponent :)

(in reply to dwwindsor)
Post #: 6
RE: Japanese opponent wanted. - 5/4/2007 9:00:18 AM   
bradfordkay

"6. Canadian land and air units can only be deployed in North America, including Canada, the USA, Alaska and the Aleutian Islands. This restriction is permanent, even if the units are reassigned to a HQ other than Canada Command."

I know of at least one canadian air unit that arrives in Aden attached to SEAC (CHS v2.08). Please don't accuse the allied player of violating the house rules in this case.

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to String)
Post #: 7
RE: Japanese opponent wanted. - 5/4/2007 10:28:17 PM   
String

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

"6. Canadian land and air units can only be deployed in North America, including Canada, the USA, Alaska and the Aleutian Islands. This restriction is permanent, even if the units are reassigned to a HQ other than Canada Command."

I know of at least one canadian air unit that arrives in Aden attached to SEAC (CHS v2.08). Please don't accuse the allied player of violating the house rules in this case.

Ah, I didn't know that.

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 8
RE: Japanese opponent wanted. - 5/5/2007 3:38:28 AM   
dwwindsor

Nor did I. Thanks Brad for tipping us off to that one.

(in reply to String)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Japanese opponent wanted. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI