Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I think I broke City Victory Conditions...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Public Beta Feedback >> I think I broke City Victory Conditions... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I think I broke City Victory Conditions... - 5/5/2007 7:07:16 PM   
LeBlaque

Uh, in a prior thread I indicated I did some modifications to the theatre column in the acwprovinces.txt file, re-aranging the "theatres of war" to try to see AI impact. Well... I have noticed that when I captured a few cities in Penn. (Pittsburg, Harrisburg) and one in Delaware (where I moved these provinces, I believe, into a "new breadbasket theatre") it appears I am no longer getting Victory Condition points for capturing these cities. Is this score screw-up possible based on the one column I modified? Is there a work-around as I'd like to try these revisions.

On a separate note, however, I'll return to the "vanilla" .txt files with the newest beta patch. Nevertheless, can someone answer my question above? I thought some of these files were moddable to some degree.

Regards,

LeBlaque
Post #: 1
RE: I think I broke City Victory Conditions... - 5/5/2007 7:14:05 PM   
ericbabe

A change of theater shouldn't affect victory points, but it's possible some other value that does affect victory points was inadvertently modified.  Are you getting VPs for capturing any Northern cities?

(in reply to LeBlaque)
Post #: 2
RE: I think I broke City Victory Conditions... - 5/5/2007 10:56:10 PM   
LeBlaque

I haven't captured any "Northern Cities" other than the ones I mentioned. Two were capitals (Harrisburg, Delaware) so I should have had at least 6 VP points, I think, for these two cities and I only have a total of 3 VP now, only ONE POINT being for cities captured. In regard to inadvertently modifying something that might impact VP-- I can only surmise that that would occur to the left or right by ONE column of the THEATRE column in the acwprovinces.txt. Can anything there mess up VP? I really didn't do a lot of other tweaking... If you wish, I can zip and send the last save game and/or an Excel of the acwprovinces.txt

On a seperate note related to the AI:

The Army of the Potomac didn't make a move to stop me from seiging and taking Harrisburg and Delaware (came via Cumberland). I was very surprised by this particularly given the "Iron Worth" of Harrisburg. I felt like they just watched me. Presently I have the USA Capital all but surrounded....

Regards,

LeBlaque

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Public Beta Feedback >> I think I broke City Victory Conditions... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI