Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Have I missed something? No new version?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Have I missed something? No new version? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Have I missed something? No new version? - 5/9/2007 5:45:26 AM   
rpommier

Have I missed something Puresim development? I have been keeping updated with the CE releases and thank Shaun for the updates. But, what's the deal with the game? Is there a new version in the works for next season?

I really like the game and would like to see it continue. I have no desire to learn another text sim at this time, it takes me awhile before I'm comfortable enough with them for the game to become fun. I tried the demos to OOTP and Mogul and find the interfaces too daunting. I hope this game continues to be developed.

Roderick
Post #: 1
RE: Have I missed something? No new version? - 5/9/2007 8:49:35 AM   
Frozen Stiffer

From what I've understood, and I would gladly step aside for someone wiser to correct me, but I don't believe there will be another version. Certainly, anything could change, but Shaun left us with the impression that PSB would instead continue to "grow" through subsequent CE versions-- there would be no 2008, 2009, etc.

I recall him saying something like "As long as you don't mind playing PSB 2007 forever..." or similar. Again, anything can happen and minds can change like lives, but that was the last word I remember.

Shaun made it clear that he would continue to make CE releases, albeit not as his first life priority. Thus, he will stick with the game and continue to improve what's there but it just won't read with an updated year.

To some (include me) the game is just so good, this little detail is just that... a little detail.

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean

(in reply to rpommier)
Post #: 2
RE: Have I missed something? No new version? - 5/9/2007 11:29:47 PM   
akcranker

Shaun will not be releasing anymore official Matrix releases.  Puresim 2007 is the final official release.  Shaun will be doing CE updates to fix any problems users may have and to add new features to Puresim.  Puresim CE updates are free to anyone that owns Puresim 2007.  Shaun will do these CE updates on his own time when he has time considering he has a full-time job and a family.

(in reply to Frozen Stiffer)
Post #: 3
RE: Have I missed something? No new version? - 5/10/2007 1:05:48 AM   
Frozen Stiffer

What he said.

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean

(in reply to akcranker)
Post #: 4
RE: Have I missed something? No new version? - 5/10/2007 4:58:56 AM   
rpommier

Thanks for setting the record straight guys, I just didn't know what was going on. I guess it's good that with this type of game there's really no need for yearly updates like Mogul and OOTP.

(in reply to Frozen Stiffer)
Post #: 5
RE: Have I missed something? No new version? - 5/11/2007 5:34:36 PM   
ezpkns34

Yeh, as long as there are occassional updates,I don't see any problem with there not being a yearly release for an essentially recycled game, no offence to mogul or ootp

(in reply to rpommier)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Have I missed something? No new version? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI