Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

TO ALL YOU SP WAW GAMMERS OUT THERE

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> TO ALL YOU SP WAW GAMMERS OUT THERE Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TO ALL YOU SP WAW GAMMERS OUT THERE - 8/28/2000 3:44:00 PM   
crazyivan

remember the very first version of sp waw? can you remember the many posts helping each other through the teething problems of a new concept in an old egine?without your help and most of all the crew from matrix we would'nt have what we have today a fantastic game.i know we are all wiating for the icing on the cake v3 and the days seam to be twice as long as they really are (just like wiating for xmas)let us as fellow gammers sing a common song of praise to the matrix team becuase for every hour we spend playing and commenting on improvments and fixes they spend three on deliverying to us the best game money could buy if it had a price on it.and the price is free to us but at a cost to the matrix guys the cost of time resources sleep comfort and they do it with compasion and seal that is hard to find in the gamming comunity that isn't raking in the $s.so let all of us unit as brothers in arms and say a big THANKS TO A MIGHTY EFFORT MATRIX. keep up the good work your the best.

"The best form of defence,is attack"
Post #: 1
- 8/28/2000 10:26:00 PM   
steel

Thank you boys for great work there some where. Long live SPWAW ! Greetings from Steel

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 2
- 8/29/2000 12:33:00 AM   
Wild Bill

I remember well, and we've come a long way since then. Version 3.0 will be the sparkle on the diamond on the ring of the lovely finger. So many of you out there have helped us immensely. This is largely YOUR game. That should make those of you who have contributed ideas and suggestions to feel very good about it. Thanks to all of you who support us and our efforts...Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 3
- 8/29/2000 5:31:00 AM   
nikb

The acid test for me is how much you play the game (obviously). Most games I tend to play sit on my hard drive for about three months. I play the nuts off them and then either get a bit bored or something else comes along. The good ones I pick up again after about six months and play on a more casual basis. The others, well...they get turfed (which is not good for the bank balance). The original SP say I my hard drive for a year, and it got put back quite a few times. I still have the game box, which is now the only true Dos based one I have kept. Now SPWAW is the only game that has truely replaced SP. I treasure my disk with my download. There are other games out there that have the 3D graphics and the like (which I enjoy as well), but I keep coming back for SPWAW. We tend to have said it heaps, but Thanks fellas. Nik

Nik

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 4
- 8/29/2000 6:40:00 AM   
Greg McCarty

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nikb: [B]The acid test for me is how much you play the game (obviously). Yeah, this one has staying power. I've never seen anything in 40 years of military gaming quite the equal of it. And don't expect to unless it comes from this site. There is simply nothing out there this well refined that does what this game does. Unabashed gratitude! Greg.

Greg.

It is better to die on your feet
than to live on your knees.

--Zapata

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 5
- 8/29/2000 7:44:00 AM   
Rhone

Steel Panthers replayability is incredible. I thank you guys first of all for having the abilities to do what you do and secondly for doing it! Keep up the good work, and remember, if you ever want us to pay for it....just let us know.

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 6
- 8/29/2000 7:57:00 AM   
mystiverse

i love the game also!has anyone noticed that the sound effects are exact to saving private ryan?maybe this is just a rant because ive never been in ww2 but its nice to hear realistic sound effects that other games seem to fudge on.i think this game has the best sound effects anywhere.

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 7
- 8/29/2000 8:20:00 AM   
Figmo

Ya - the sound guys have done a fabulous job. I've been playing the game for a long time now and still jump out of my chair when one of my tanks hits a mine. Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 8
- 8/29/2000 8:42:00 AM   
Fabio Prado

Hail to the MATRIX gang! A great job, guys! Wargaming will never be the same After MATRIX... FAP ------------------ Fabio Prado [email]fprado@fprado.com[/email] Webmaster - The ARMOR Site!

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 9
- 8/29/2000 8:55:00 AM   
Lothar

I second all the sentiments here expressed. I love the game, but had to re-do my hard drive and now have to wait for some way to either download 3.0 or get a cd somewhere. I also think mindscape should allow matrix to charge some fee to help recoup expenses. They are indirectly benefitting from this revival of their classic SSI title.

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 10
- 8/29/2000 10:39:00 AM   
Tankhead

quote:

Originally posted by Figmo: Ya - the sound guys have done a fabulous job. I've been playing the game for a long time now and still jump out of my chair when one of my tanks hits a mine. Figmo
I second all the post on this tread. Those mine, they gave me a few strokes already and my poor chair broke once and had to be fix. I wonder what else will break when the next mine blows up. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://sites.netscape.net/rcclout

Tankhead

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 11
- 8/29/2000 10:47:00 AM   
Randy

My hat is off to the Matrix team, for such an awsome game. When I first got SP five years ago little did I know that such a great game then, could be made that much better. Its like comparing a Panzer 1 to a Panther, there is no comparison. Thanks guys for your hard work, & dedication. Semper Fi Randy

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 12
- 8/30/2000 12:02:00 AM   
Owl

You want to talk about watching evolution in progress... I was playing typhoon of steel back in the 80's on an apple IIc, and have managed to get a dos copy also. It's downright funny to run that now and compare to SPWaW! I think Typhoon and the other similar game (name escapes me) were Gary G's first attempts at tactical tank/infantry combat. So in my case anyway, one form of SP or it's predicessors have been on my computer since about 1988ish. Talk about going from amoeba to man... ------------------ (.) (.) ...V...

(.) (.)

...V...

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 13
- 8/30/2000 2:58:00 AM   
Rhone

You can get a copy of "Kampfgruppe" from www.theunderdogs.org and check out a real awesome recreation of the eastern front. I'm talking 1985 Wargame of the Year....and it was mindboggling for it's time and unfortunately, appalling to look at today! Still alot of depth, however. [This message has been edited by Rhone (edited August 29, 2000).]

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 14
- 8/30/2000 3:01:00 AM   
Rhone

Oops, sorry, It's www.theunderdogs.org . I could seem to edit my last post.

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 15
- 8/30/2000 8:16:00 AM   
Greg McCarty

quote:

Originally posted by Owl: You want to talk about watching evolution in progress... I was playing typhoon of steel back in the 80's on an apple IIc, and have managed to get a dos copy also. It's downright funny to run that now and compare to SPWaW! I think Typhoon and the other similar game (name escapes me) were Gary G's first attempts at tactical tank/infantry combat. So in my case anyway, one form of SP or it's predicessors have been on my computer since about 1988ish. Talk about going from amoeba to man...
The other one was "Panzer Strike." Another Grigsby creation. A longtime favorite of mine. You can trace the progress from "Kampfgruppe." After SSI released the "IBM" version of KG, I wrote to them to take them to task for not incorporating vga graphics and SB sound, which by then were embedded in PC hardware. I pointed out that the engine was already good, but take advantage of current technology, and they could have another award winner. Instead of engaging in dialogue, some PR person simply offered me my money back. Fair enough, but not the purpose of my letter. Clearly my whole line of reasoning was going over their heads. It took nearly ten years until the wish that I expressed finally appeared in the form of SP-I. But I was damn grateful to see it. Greg.

Greg.

It is better to die on your feet
than to live on your knees.

--Zapata

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 16
- 8/30/2000 3:19:00 PM   
Hans

My brother and I developed a campaign mode for Kampfgruppe (on my Commodore C64). It was a roleplaying gamers aproach, useing paper and dice. There were different probabilities for the next battles type depending on the type and outcome of the current battle. For example: after a lost defend battle would most probably follow another defend or a delay, but an asault was highly unlikelt. So after a battle we had to roll the dice, look up the table we made and start a new battle according to the entry. KG was highly addictive and featured a great command&control system (delayed reaction to commands ... ). I loved it. Hans

dulce et decorum est pro patria mori.

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 17
- 8/30/2000 3:45:00 PM   
Colonel Klink

Hear Hear Crazy Ivan! I've said it many times and will say it again. I'll keep saying it until i can't speak anymore. Steel Panthers World at War is absolutely the best version of steel panthers ever made! you guys took a great game and made it even greater! SPw@w is the best ww2 tactical tank game I've ever played. Excellent work fellas! Your dedication and fantastic support is tremendous. You've earned the lifelong respect and admiration of all your fans. Thanks again matrix. A windows version of steel panther with tcp/ip capability. What more could any steel panthers gamer want?

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 18
- 8/30/2000 9:58:00 PM   
Nikademus

thank you Matrix..... now HURRY UP (hee hee)

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 19
- 9/2/2000 1:01:00 PM   
Randy

Talking about early tank games, my first computer tank game was Perfect General! At the time it was considered one of the best games. Talk about gaming evolution!! Semper Fi. Randy

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 20
- 9/2/2000 1:13:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

Thanks Guys! We gettin there! Youre encouragement is greatly appreciated

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 21
- 9/2/2000 1:33:00 PM   
Wild Bill

I concur with the great Vebba! We are very thankful for the support you give. It is a driving force for all of us on the team. On their behalf I thank you all. Most of them if not all will read this...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to crazyivan)
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> TO ALL YOU SP WAW GAMMERS OUT THERE Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI