Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Don't recognize these formulas...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Public Beta Feedback >> Don't recognize these formulas... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Don't recognize these formulas... - 5/11/2007 6:11:21 PM   
LeBlaque

Playing the newest beta patch and believe some AI changes were made but I'm a bit confused as to results:

1) What do camps now provide? I am NOT playing on advanced supply rules and 9 camps are providing 3,150 reinforcements. This is obviously less than 500 per camp and I assume is also impacted by telegraphs in same province? I think with 7 camps I had 2,490 (might have been 2,460). I'm not getting the math any longer.... (I never really have understood how telegraphs truly work, btw)

2) Holy Moly, with the new siege rules implemented the USA AI lost 7,847 to CSA's 516 in a normal siege, Level II fort, reducing defense from 100 to 89. I've seen similar proportions to this in other sieges. Should the AI be sieging early in the game and experiencing these losses without waiting for Eng. upgrades, artillery, etc?

3) Noted this in the last patch and this patch, and it occurred several times over a few games. When a raider is placed in Annapolis it seems to invariably be destroyed on a very REGULAR basis despite the fact its danger rating is only in the teens. I believe I've seen this happen too often to be just a statistical vagarie.

Looking good so far otherwise...

Regards,

LeBlaque
Post #: 1
RE: Don't recognize these formulas... - 5/11/2007 6:32:04 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: LeBlaque
1) What do camps now provide? I am NOT playing on advanced supply rules and 9 camps are providing 3,150 reinforcements. This is obviously less than 500 per camp and I assume is also impacted by telegraphs in same province? I think with 7 camps I had 2,490 (might have been 2,460). I'm not getting the math any longer.... (I never really have understood how telegraphs truly work, btw)

This was changed in 1.9.4 actually. Camps now provide 300 + 15 per Population (averaged if Population is not at max). So for example if you have a camp in a city with 6/8 population, the camp provides 300 + (15*7) = 405 per turn. Telegraphs could use some clarification. They never affected replacements. They affect reinforcements entering the province, for example when you call in a neighboring army.

[quote[2) Holy Moly, with the new siege rules implemented the USA AI lost 7,847 to CSA's 516 in a normal siege, Level II fort, reducing defense from 100 to 89. I've seen similar proportions to this in other sieges. Should the AI be sieging early in the game and experiencing these losses without waiting for Eng. upgrades, artillery, etc?

The AI is actually much better at getting engineers and siege artillery than it used to be - impossible to really comment on this example without more info, but it clearly did not make a good decision there in terms of pure casualty ratio.

quote:

3) Noted this in the last patch and this patch, and it occurred several times over a few games. When a raider is placed in Annapolis it seems to invariably be destroyed on a very REGULAR basis despite the fact its danger rating is only in the teens. I believe I've seen this happen too often to be just a statistical vagarie.

I think there may still be something funky going on with raiders too, but havne't been able to pin it down. Thanks for your comments.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to LeBlaque)
Post #: 2
RE: Don't recognize these formulas... - 5/12/2007 5:15:51 PM   
LeBlaque

Given the new camp formula, could not a gamey tactic be to place all camps in the highest population cities, particularly since they no longer have an impact in regard to "counting as a building?" Or is this considered more historical? I know you implemented a new rule stating "Increased chance camps will reduce population in April by 25%"; however I'm not clear exactly how this might work and if the actual NUMBER of camps in a city might impact that forumula (e.g. is the 25% cumulative based on EACH camp in the province).

Regards,

LeBlaque

(in reply to LeBlaque)
Post #: 3
RE: Don't recognize these formulas... - 5/12/2007 9:38:01 PM   
Erik Rutins

Yes, each camp can reduce the population now, so the more camps you have, the more population they'll use up in April. Also, if you put all your camps in your largest city, you'll likely not want to muster/conscript/build there in order to keep the manpower as high as possible, which is another part of the balance. If you do drain their manpower, the camps will now provide fewer replacements (at release, camps always provided 500 replacements each, no matter what).

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to LeBlaque)
Post #: 4
RE: Don't recognize these formulas... - 5/13/2007 1:37:06 AM   
spruce

Erik, I must say that the tweaked camp setup worked very well in my last game. I had about 16 new pops, and 8 got eaten away by camps. My Nat will was around zero.

seems very good result to me.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Public Beta Feedback >> Don't recognize these formulas... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI