Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ideas for next CE version

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Ideas for next CE version Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ideas for next CE version - 5/10/2007 8:07:31 AM   
GoldenGreek

First off, I just purchased the game and love it. There are some ideas about how to improve the flexibility of game. Of course, like everyone, I have a few ideas I would like to share:

1. Managers - should have various ratings, a win-loss stat, should age-decline, etc. and some could be former players. I would like to have the ability to hire/fire managers, especially because they might help alter the game AI a little in the way that each one manages a team.

2. Finances - If I want to play from 1876 and sim to 1970, there should be a way to equate financing ($500 in 1905 should be like $100,000 in 1965). There should be a way to have finances without free agency (thus how the reserve clause was developed, etc), then later in the same association, turn free agency on.

3. Weights - There should be a weighted system in which each decade's overall stats can be held as a guideline for that decade's production of players... For each decade, there could be basic fields where I insert the overall team batting average, the homeruns, era, etc.

4. Injuries - Some injuries should be lifelong. For instance, a rotator cuff injury should not be fully healable (unless you are Roger Clemens and have growth hormone!). Instead, some injuries should hamper overall production of a player season after season.

5. Contraction - I would like to be able to contract teams and have the players redispursed in a draft if the team is absolutely horrible.

6. Scheduling - Upon expansion/contraction, I would like to be able to pick again whether I want to play 140, 154, or 162 games in a season.

7. Relocation - I would like the team to be able to move to another market without losing the history of the team (thus perhaps the mascot, city changes, but the history in the almanac remembers when it was the old team as well as the new one).

8. Hall of Fame selection - I would like to be the one to choose whether a person is inducted in the HOF, not the computer.

9. All-Star Games - These are a recent invention in baseball. I would like to have the option whether or not have them, or when to start them.

10. Post season Records - I would like to have a section in the HTML almanac for post season records, top 20 stats, etc.
Post #: 1
RE: Ideas for next CE version - 5/11/2007 3:18:19 PM   
Fouts

Nice first post.  :)

I will say you have some good ideas in there, but I'm not sure how much time/work is being put towards new features.  Some of these things look like they will take some time/work to get into the game.

(in reply to GoldenGreek)
Post #: 2
RE: Ideas for next CE version - 5/11/2007 5:30:59 PM   
ezpkns34

I agree with numbers 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, & 10...nice post

(in reply to Fouts)
Post #: 3
RE: Ideas for next CE version - 5/12/2007 5:45:46 AM   
lynchjm24

Isn't 4 already in the game. Injury creates rating drop?

(in reply to ezpkns34)
Post #: 4
RE: Ideas for next CE version - 5/12/2007 7:20:59 AM   
ezpkns34

but don't those ratings come back after the injury is healed? if I read his comment correctly, I believe he wants some of the more serious injuries to have a lingering effect on players

(in reply to lynchjm24)
Post #: 5
Injuries - 5/12/2007 9:25:10 PM   
GoldenGreek

ezpkns34 is exactly right. Sometimes players come back, but if you have a bum knee, it will effect your speed for the remainder of your career. It isn't just something you recover from, etc. Think one of those guys who might have been a way better player if they hadn't had 40 pounds of armor around their legs or if they could run.

Edgar Martinez was a good running 3B until he was hurt in 1993 with a leg injury, for the remainder of his career, he really was just a guy who could hit, not run. I think it would affect the statistics as much as anything of an individual player.

(in reply to ezpkns34)
Post #: 6
RE: Injuries - 5/13/2007 12:05:06 AM   
akcranker

We used to have career ending injuries but I believe Shaun took those out.  About the lingering effects of a major injury I'm not sure that's in the game entirely.. it might be to a small scale and Shaun might just need to adjust it to make it more noticeable.

Good suggestions though.

(in reply to GoldenGreek)
Post #: 7
RE: Injuries - 5/13/2007 5:07:08 PM   
SirWolf1960

Actually, the game still has career ending injuries. I know, because I just lost my 27-year-old power hitting first baseman to one while playing last night.

That's part of the fun of this game though.

Steve

(in reply to akcranker)
Post #: 8
RE: Injuries - 5/14/2007 6:23:35 AM   
ezpkns34

i don't think goldengreek meant career ending injuries...what he's talking about is, say a pitcher who tears his rotator cuff & is injured for 365 days. After 365 days the pitcher comes back, but he doesn't come back with the same ratings, maybe only a little worse, or possibly much worse...a little something between career ending and coming back fine...

(in reply to SirWolf1960)
Post #: 9
RE: Injuries - 5/16/2007 6:24:37 AM   
ezpkns34

another idea for an addition would be for a way to save or leave a game you're currently managing...i hate starting a game and having to leave it halfway through, just don't like the idea of having the program running the entire time on my computer while I'm off doing other things...although this could just be due to my ocd tendencies

(in reply to ezpkns34)
Post #: 10
RE: Injuries - 5/18/2007 3:46:42 AM   
maddog7800

I have a minor request.  It would be nice if it was possible to switch the standings screen so the second league (the National League in my case) is on top.  I'm usually not as interested in the AL, but always have to scroll down to see the entire NL while games are quicksimming.

If it's an easy feature to add, that would be a great.  Otherwise, forget it.  It would just add a little convience...

(in reply to ezpkns34)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Ideas for next CE version Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI