Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Attacker/Defender?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Attacker/Defender? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Attacker/Defender? - 5/14/2007 9:15:03 PM   
SS_KONIG

How does the AI determine who is the attacker and who is the defender in a given battle? Recently, whilst playing as Austria, the French AI moved in to Styria and attacked me, but for some reason, I was designated as the attacker, even though my troops had been in position for over 1 turn.

Also, is there a time limit for an attacking force? It seemed to me that I was winning all ends up, however, on day 4 of this battle, nearly all my units spontaneously routed, and I ended up losing for no apparent reason.

If anyone can give advice, I would be most grateful.
Post #: 1
RE: Attacker/Defender? - 5/15/2007 11:00:32 PM   
Ironclad

A battle can last a maximum of up to 3 days but its the defender's victory if he holds out to the end.

Re your other point, its a while since I played and I can remember that this was sometimes confusing. My recollection is that the defender was either the owner of the province, or if neither owned it, it was the first one to enter (whenever that first happened). Of course if Styria was still Austrian that could not be the case.

< Message edited by Ironclad -- 5/16/2007 1:46:31 AM >

(in reply to SS_KONIG)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Attacker/Defender? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI