Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Will to fight

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Will to fight Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Will to fight - 5/16/2007 11:21:16 PM   
Callahan

I couldn`t find an answer to this in the manual:
Which factors influence the amount of "will to fight points" (for lack of a better word) one starts a battle with? Obviously the morale and the role of attacker/defender, but are there other factors?
And are there events that may raise the amount of points (e.g. arrival of substantial reinforcements)? So far, I have only a couple of big battles under my belt but from my limited experience there seems to be no way to regain lost will to fight, is this correct?
Please enlighten me!
Post #: 1
RE: Will to fight - 5/16/2007 11:54:11 PM   
Twotribes

Size of starting force matters as well as Generals abilities.

If you hover over the numbers on the top of the screen it tells you all the general catagories.

(in reply to Callahan)
Post #: 2
RE: Will to fight - 5/16/2007 11:59:04 PM   
Callahan

Thanks a lot!

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 3
RE: Will to fight - 5/17/2007 12:04:09 AM   
Walloc

Yes there is no way to regain WTF(will to fight in this case). No reinforcements doesnt give u any bonus either. WTF is only done out from original force.

As said by twotribes using tooltip is prolly the easiest way to learn about it. By doing it doing battles and see what changes and what factors that initially play in.

1 thing that isnt imidiately obviously is try use V key if u arent alrdy. At the point where half ur army units are routing u start losing points to panic. This is the single most importand factor in regards to losing battles by WTF. Its rarely mere losses that causes ones WTF to break. Panic losses are culmative over turns so once 1 side have half its army routing, that side tends to go down fast in WTF.

Hope it helps,

Rasmus

< Message edited by Walloc -- 5/17/2007 12:07:11 AM >

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 4
RE: Will to fight - 5/17/2007 12:06:43 AM   
Erik Rutins

If your generals rally enouh broken units at the right time, you can actually regain some WTF lost due to panic, but usually once panic begins its irreversible. Otherwise, WTF only decreases.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Will to fight Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI