Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

HQ bonus and nationality

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> HQ bonus and nationality Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HQ bonus and nationality - 5/26/2007 11:35:49 AM   
ych

I have a general question about impact of nationality for the HQ bonus.
HQ Bonus applied to all allied units ?
for example Chinese HQ gives attack bonus only to chinese units ?

"merci d'avance" for yours answers.
Post #: 1
RE: HQ bonus and nationality - 5/26/2007 9:03:35 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: ych

I have a general question about impact of nationality for the HQ bonus.
HQ Bonus applied to all allied units ?
for example Chinese HQ gives attack bonus only to chinese units ?

"merci d'avance" for yours answers.

Should give bonus to all Allied units in range, but remember that range INCLUDES the hex the HQ is in... so if Range = 1, it only includes units in its hex.

(in reply to ych)
Post #: 2
RE: HQ bonus and nationality - 5/27/2007 12:33:24 AM   
Yamato hugger

Most western allied division commanders are better than most Chinese corp commanders. I would HOPE the game takes into account the better commander, but in reality it SHOULD use the higher rank / level of command.

Right Monty?

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 3
RE: HQ bonus and nationality - 5/27/2007 5:09:02 AM   
RUPD3658

Old Bernie Law was a great commander.....as long as he had a 3:1 advantage in troops, tons of supply, and plenty of time to plan his move. Then again, you would have to try hard to lose if you had all that going for you.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke

(in reply to Yamato hugger)
Post #: 4
RE: HQ bonus and nationality - 5/27/2007 3:06:51 PM   
rockmedic109

Monty still flubbed it when he failed to block the retreat of some 45,000 germans {my numbers may be off} from an estuary {not sure of the name, Schelde maybe} to the east of Amsterdam just before Market-Garden.  I'm not sure Market-Garden would have been successful if he had but it certainly didn't help his grand idea out any.  He had the advantage in troops and supplies {though his lines were getting long} and air power and was still able to make a huge error.  Proof that to make a truly monumental mistake, one has to be brilliant......others are never put in a position to be able to make such a mistake.

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 5
RE: HQ bonus and nationality - 5/27/2007 5:05:00 PM   
ych

Hi,
Sorry for my first newbee question, it was concerning "HQ command" and not "nationality".

I found that in the WITH manual:
Japan, 1941-45™ by providing large numbers of support personnel for construction
and logistics tasks. They give combat benefits to combat units who are within a certain range,
generally the same hex, and enable more bombers to fly Missions from bases under their control.
A unit can benefit from its HQ, of which there are five types: ........
-__________________________________________________

"A unit can benefit from its HQ,"
  =>   that means : 
   a  "South Pacific" corp HQ gives bonus a to "South Pacific" unit  and does not give bonus to a "Central pacific" unit ?

"from bases under their control"
   =>   that means : 
  a "South Pacific" air HQ unit gives bonus  to "South Pacific" base  and cannot give bonus to a "Central pacific" base; but all aircrafts in this "South pacific" base can have the bonus without a restriction based on their own HQ .

And  for naval HQ :
a "South Pacific" naval HQ unit gives bonus to a "South Pacific"  base  and cannot give bonus to a "Central pacific"  base.

Its that correct ?
NB: I read the french non official WITP manual, but this rule is not very clear in the translation .

(in reply to rockmedic109)
Post #: 6
RE: HQ bonus and nationality - 5/28/2007 3:51:15 AM   
dtravel

So far as anyone has been able to tell (and please note that many of the functions that HQs influence are so complex and highly variable that even extensive testing can't give definitive answers), nationality and theatre command (South Pacific, Central Pacific, China Command, etc.) have no impact on all HQ functions.  If a unit of the same side (Allied/Japanese) is within the command range, it gets the benefits of the HQ. 

The only exception that I can recall is the distribution of supplies by bases to units on them.  They will distribute to units of the same theatre command first, all others second.  But in practice this has no real affect.  If the base has sufficient supplies, everyone gets some; if there are insufficient supplies, everyone goes short.  But that's not strictly a function of HQs.

This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

(in reply to ych)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> HQ bonus and nationality Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI