Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

More rules question...about subs this time

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> More rules question...about subs this time Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
More rules question...about subs this time - 6/1/2007 1:47:19 PM   
Chaylaton

Ok, so I was reading that the German "MC" subs count as a port for other german subs. So if that is that is the case if I have a 3/2 sub in Keil and have it move from the North sea then too Faeroes Gap in the one box. If I have a MC sub with that sub, on a 2nd impulse could that 3/2 sub move up to the four box in Faeroes Gap or could I move it farther into the Atlantic? Please give me some feedback on the sentance acts as a port. Could I abort to a MC at see?

Chaylaton

2112 greatest rock song ever?

I say "Rush Rules"

There are only four Gods from Canada: Alex, Geddy, Neil and Wayne:)
Post #: 1
RE: More rules question...about subs this time - 6/1/2007 4:51:38 PM   
Mziln

quote:

Milchcow SUBs

Milchcow SUBs are treated as SUBs in all respects except that they must always end their move in the 0 sea box section when at sea, need not return to base at the end of the turn, and have the special capability to act as a floating port as follows.

When a Milchcow is face-up at sea, you may turn it face-down any time you wish, in order to return to base to it an eligible naval unit. While face-down, a Milchcow may act as a port to any one German SUB or SCS unit provided it is not transporting any unit. The unit basing on the Milchcow SUB is always considered in supply and will automatically reorganise during the Final reorganisation step (AfA option 48: without needing any oil ~ see 13.5.1).

When the unit based on the Milchcow moves, immediately turn the Milchcow face-up again. While face-down, the Milchcow and the unit based on it (if any) is considered an SCS (not a SUB) and thus is automatically committed to combat (even if other SUBs on that side are not). Any result suffered by the Milchcow while face-down is also applied to the unit based with it.

(1) Your Milchcow moves to the zero sea box.
(2) Your 3/2 “returns to base” to the Milchcow (even if the 3/2 starts in a port).
(3) Your Milchcow is flipped face-down to show it is acting as a port for your 3/2 sub. While face-down, the Milchcow and the unit based on it (if any) is considered an SCS (not a SUB) and thus is automatically committed to combat (even if other SUBs on that side are not). Any result suffered by the Milchcow while face-down is also applied to the unit based with it
(4) Next impulse you can move further out into the Atlantic with your 3/2 sub. When this happens immediately turn the Milchcow face-up again.

< Message edited by Mziln -- 6/1/2007 5:26:34 PM >

(in reply to Chaylaton)
Post #: 2
RE: More rules question...about subs this time - 6/1/2007 6:54:29 PM   
Froonp

quote:

(2) Your 3/2 “returns to base” to the Milchcow (even if the 3/2 starts in a port).
(3) Your Milchcow is flipped face-down to show it is acting as a port for your 3/2 sub. While face-down, the Milchcow and the unit based on it (if any) is considered an SCS (not a SUB) and thus is automatically committed to combat (even if other SUBs on that side are not). Any result suffered by the Milchcow while face-down is also applied to the unit based with it
(4) Next impulse you can move further out into the Atlantic with your 3/2 sub. When this happens immediately turn the Milchcow face-up again.

Are you sure that your 3/2 SUB can sail again later this turn, as you describe in (4) ?
Having returned to base to the Milchcow in (2), the 3/2 should be turned face down, and need to wait for the reorg phase (end of turn) to flip face up again. So IMO it can't sail from the MC this turn.

(in reply to Mziln)
Post #: 3
RE: More rules question...about subs this time - 6/2/2007 9:19:41 AM   
Mziln

quote:

ORIGINAL: Froonp

quote:

Are you sure that your 3/2 SUB can sail again later this turn, as you describe in (4) ?
Having returned to base to the Milchcow in (2), the 3/2 should be turned face down, and need to wait for the reorg phase (end of turn) to flip face up again. So IMO it can't sail from the MC this turn.

I missed that one. I was thinking 13.4.1 Naval unit rebasing was only dealing with Minor country limitations while 13.4 Return to base was dealing with the return of Major powers to Major power ports.

You are right "Next impulse" should instead read "Next turn".

Especialy since I missed this sentence:

quote:

13.4 Return to base

Units at sea can return to base during this step. If they do, they will be available to sail again in the next turn. Those that stay at sea will only be able to stay in the sea-box next turn or sail back to a port.

quote:

13.4.1 Naval unit rebasing

A neutral naval unit can only return to a port controlled by its country or by its controlling major power. In the case of a neutral major power unit, you may also return it to base to a minor country port controlled by that major power.

Subject to foreign troop commitments (see 18.2), a naval unit of an active major power (or a minor aligned to an active major power) can return to any port controlled by an active major power (or by a minor aligned to an active major power) on its side.

Turn naval units (but not their cargoes) face-down when they return to base during this step.

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> More rules question...about subs this time Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI