Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

War In Europe_7 supply question please help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> The War Room >> War In Europe_7 supply question please help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
War In Europe_7 supply question please help - 6/5/2007 3:58:30 AM   
Executioner Five

I love this scenario--playing as the Axis, though, is there a supply point that will enable you to invade England successfully? I've tried from multiple directions and every time it seems my troops in England turn into a bunch of unsupplied rabble. Can anyone help?
Post #: 1
RE: War In Europe_7 supply question please help - 6/5/2007 3:03:51 PM   
*Lava*

Hi!

I like the scenario too and have played it many times.

London is a double supply point for both the axis and allies. To conquer the UK what you need to do is get all your mobile units (including paratroopers and HQ's that can be transported by air) and place them very close to the channel. Airborne troops especially need to be close or they will get intercepted before they make it to the UK. Once you have your troops in place, begin an air/sea borne assault. Your troops will rapid lose supply via combat and you need to shuttle troops back and forth across the channel until you eventually take London. The key here is using those HQ's and para's as reinforcements once you gain a foothold.

As for the supply point question itself, I suggest learning how to use the editor.

In this case, you open the scenario with the editor, edit forces, then with the forces dialogue open, select edit deployment. This allows you to place troops, objectives, supply points... la da da de da... To find out where your supply points are, go to "options" and select "units" invisible. Now any counters that were on top of the hexes with supply points will disappear and you can see where the supply points are. If you want, you can edit the scenario and place an Axis supply point on the coast of the UK as well. Make sure before you leave the scenario you save it and you make the units visible again.

Hope that helps.

Ray (aka Lava)

(in reply to Executioner Five)
Post #: 2
RE: War In Europe_7 supply question please help - 6/6/2007 7:29:41 AM   
Reggy

Carefull helping this guy. He may take you to small claims court! He's been spazzing out on the Campaign series forum making rude, false, and childish comments.

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 3
RE: War In Europe_7 supply question please help - 6/6/2007 8:46:58 AM   
JAMiAM

Let's have no personal attacks, please. The problems that may exist in other sections of the forums can be resolved and dealt with on their own merits, in their own place, and do not need to be brought in here. Thanks.

(in reply to Reggy)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> The War Room >> War In Europe_7 supply question please help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI