Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where is Fall of the Reich?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Where is Fall of the Reich? Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/5/2007 8:03:45 PM   
Executioner Five

Just got and downloaded, but NONE of the material contained in the Fall of the Reich addon for East Front II is there.

If Matrix had a problem they should have said so in advance--it may not be a major thing, but I REALLY don't appreciate being led to buy a product with a false description of what's going to be in it. What gives???
Post #: 1
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/5/2007 8:05:44 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Executioner Five

Just got and downloaded, but NONE of the material contained in the Fall of the Reich addon for East Front II is there.

If Matrix had a problem they should have said so in advance--it may not be a major thing, but I REALLY don't appreciate being led to buy a product with a false description of what's going to be in it. What gives???

Only explanation I can think of is that there was an error in compiling, using an old version by accident, as FOTR WAS included in a number of the versions I had on my machine.

This WILL be remedied.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Executioner Five)
Post #: 2
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/5/2007 8:06:40 PM   
Executioner Five

Great. When? I don't appreciate being sold a partial product and then being told "This will be remedied." Think it's fair to ask WHEN this will be remedied.

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 3
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/5/2007 8:08:15 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

Great. When? I don't appreciate being sold a partial product and then being told "This will be remedied." Think it's fair to ask WHEN this will be remedied.

As soon as humanly possible.

Jason Petho

Post #: 4
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/5/2007 8:17:38 PM   
Jarexx

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

Only explanation I can think of is that there was an error in compiling, using an old version by accident

And this might also be why it no longer works under Vista?

Post #: 5
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/5/2007 8:22:20 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jarexx

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

Only explanation I can think of is that there was an error in compiling, using an old version by accident

And this might also be why it no longer works under Vista?

I am assuming so. Still waiting on an answer.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Jarexx)
Post #: 6
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/5/2007 9:00:28 PM   
Hammer732

A question for Jason: will the new version conflict with the original one I have on my PC? Or will it act simply like another independent program as I would expect?

Thanks!

Post #: 7
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/5/2007 9:02:37 PM   
Executioner Five

Well? When is this going to be fixed?

"As soon as humanly possible" isn't an answer.

What is "As soon as humanly possible"? A couple of hours? A day? A week?

I'd really like to know because this is a VERY unprofessional situation. I want this game,
but if this isn't going to be fixed quickly I want to know how I go about getting a refund.

< Message edited by Executioner Five -- 6/5/2007 9:04:35 PM >

(in reply to Hammer732)
Post #: 8
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/5/2007 9:04:48 PM   
Erik Rutins

Executioner,

Relax please. There was obviously a screw-up somewhere in the final production process that left this out, when it was in earlier builds. We're working right now to track down where that happened (so that it doesn't happen again) and then come up with an update to resolve it. This will take a few days, most likely. I expect it to be fixed, with any luck, by the end of the week.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 9
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/5/2007 9:07:48 PM   
MartNick

I'm sure there are all kinds of butts being kicked behind the scenes. So I guess we wait, which is perfectly OK, there are only 350+ scenarios/campaigns to play in the next couple of days.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 10
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/5/2007 9:09:52 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hammer732

A question for Jason: will the new version conflict with the original one I have on my PC? Or will it act simply like another independent program as I would expect?

Thanks!

It will act as an independent program.

I have multiple versions of EF, EF2 1.02 and EF 1.03 on my machine with no conflicts after installing the Matrix CS.

Take care and good luck
Jason Petho

(in reply to Hammer732)
Post #: 11
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/5/2007 9:10:12 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Executioner,

Relax please. There was obviously a screw-up somewhere in the final production process that left this out, when it was in earlier builds. We're working right now to track down where that happened (so that it doesn't happen again) and then come up with an update to resolve it. This will take a few days, most likely. I expect it to be fixed, with any luck, by the end of the week.

Regards,

- Erik

Thanks, Erik.

Jason Petho

Post #: 12
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/5/2007 9:11:49 PM   
Executioner Five

End of the week?  Cool.  You sold me something, incomplete, SOMEONE fell down on the job, and you tell me to relax?

You advertised one thing and sold me another, and YOU give ME an attitude?

How do I get a refund?

Post #: 13
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/5/2007 9:14:04 PM   
MemoryLeak

After reading Executioner Five's posts I suspect he is one of the 10 year olds whose mommy lets him use the internet once in a while. Just ignore his temper tantrum and maybe he will go away.

If you want to make GOD laugh, tell him your future plans

USS Long Beach CGN-9
RM2 1969-1973

Post #: 14
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/5/2007 9:14:30 PM   
mattpenfold

quote:

ORIGINAL: MartNick

I'm sure there are all kinds of butts being kicked behind the scenes. So I guess we wait, which is perfectly OK, there are only 350+ scenarios/campaigns to play in the next couple of days.

quote:

And how many of those involve the player using tanks ? For those using Vista there are not currently 350 playable scenarios. Maybe you would like to give those us who use Vista and were told the tank issue was fixed a list of those scenarios that do not use tanks ?

(in reply to MartNick)
Post #: 15
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/5/2007 9:15:58 PM   
mattpenfold

Deleted

< Message edited by mattpenfold -- 6/5/2007 9:16:34 PM >

(in reply to MemoryLeak)
Post #: 16
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/5/2007 9:16:56 PM   
Erik Rutins

I'm not giving you an attitude. I'm suggesting that getting upset at us isn't going to get this fixed any faster.

We thought it was included in the gold master. It was in earlier builds. Somehow it was left out. This does not normally happen, so we have to find out what exactly did happen. There may have been other files left out, for all we know, therefore we are still researching this right now. The highest internal priority right now is finding out what went wrong, where and when so that we can release an update as soon as possible to fix it.

I'm sorry you find that unacceptable, but I can't get you a fix any sooner than we can actually create it and we're still finding out the full dimensions of the problem right now. The game itself works fine and the content you are missing, which you paid for, will absolutely be provided to you and everyone else as it was intended to be included from the start.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 17
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/5/2007 9:17:56 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: mattpenfold
And how many of those involve the player using tanks ? For those using Vista there are not currently 350 playable scenarios. Maybe you would like to give those us who use Vista and were told the tank issue was fixed a list of those scenarios that do not use tanks ?

FYI, we're looking at the Vista issue right now as well - equal priority and we hope to fix both ASAP.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to mattpenfold)
Post #: 18
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/5/2007 9:19:36 PM   
MemoryLeak

Try to get yourself under control. Rant some place else. They are working on the problem. If the solution doesn't meet your high standards get a refund.

If you want to make GOD laugh, tell him your future plans

USS Long Beach CGN-9
RM2 1969-1973

Post #: 19
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/5/2007 9:21:14 PM   
Terl

deleted... fueling a fire...sorry

Post #: 20
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/5/2007 9:22:01 PM   
Erik Rutins

I just wanted to add that we don't consider this acceptable either, but we can only work as fast as we can work and we are in the highest gear trying to resolve this. A super-quick but incomplete solution won't be any help. A quick and complete one is our goal.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to MemoryLeak)
Post #: 21
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/5/2007 9:22:17 PM   
mattpenfold

Deleted a reply to MemoryLeak which would have inflamed the situation.

< Message edited by mattpenfold -- 6/5/2007 9:23:58 PM >

(in reply to MemoryLeak)
Post #: 22
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/5/2007 9:23:20 PM   
Erik Rutins

May I ask everyone to please hold off on any personal insults? We don't need defending or attacking. Let's just stick to reporting issue and we'll work to solve them ASAP. Thanks, game on.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 23
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/5/2007 9:24:33 PM   
jwarrenw13

The lesson here, as always, is NEVER NEVER NEVER buy something the moment it comes out.  ALWAY ALWAYS ALWAYS wait and read the forum for a few days before making a decision.  That in no way excuses Matrix for the screwup, but it is an excellent general rule for internet games.  Of course if everyone did that, no one would find the initial problems.  So, thank you, Executioner Five, for bringing this problem to Matrix's attention.  I am interested in this game and, as always, will wait at least a few days to see how things sort out.

Post #: 24
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/5/2007 9:36:11 PM   
vadersson

Just to also add that pretty much this whole forum has been full of people asking for the game to come out. If matrix had waited another week to double check everything we would see people complaining that the game was taking too long.

Keep in mind that CS is a work in progress. After this initial release they plan to release patches to fix up things even more (like a single game engine for all three games.)

Thanks,
Duncan

(in reply to jwarrenw13)
Post #: 25
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/5/2007 9:37:43 PM   
Executioner Five

This isn't an issue of a work in progress.

This is an issue of "Hi, buy this and we'll give you this for $34.99".  We were given something other than what was sold, and what was described.   And we are given no date certain for when they'll make it right.  That's called consumer fraud.

(in reply to vadersson)
Post #: 26
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/5/2007 9:41:45 PM   
Terl

quote:

This is an issue of "Hi, buy this and we'll give you this for $34.99".  We were given something other than what was sold, and what was described.   And we are given no date certain for when they'll make it right.  That's called consumer fraud.

And, per Erik they will make good on it.

I want to live in your world where all software is perfect and no patches are ever needed.

Post #: 27
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/5/2007 9:43:56 PM   
Hertston

quote:

What it obviously is is a screw-up, not 'fraud'. I'm afraid that screw-ups happen in every sphere of life, and the most anybody can do is fix the problem as soon as possible - which Matrix have already said they will do. That means they will... but it's an industry in which nobody with any sense ever gives the sort of 'certain date' you seem to be demanding.

There are three games with a great many other scenarios and campaigns; couldn't you just play some of those in the meantime?

P.S. Don't ever, EVER, buy a MMORPG!

< Message edited by Hertston -- 6/5/2007 9:47:00 PM >

Post #: 28
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/5/2007 9:45:41 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

If you order a product from someone and it works, but is missing a part or a decal and they offer to send you the missing part in a week and apologize for the error, is that fraud? I don't think so. Frankly, though you are right that this should have been caught, mistakes happen despite a system with many checks and some allowance has to be made for human error. We rarely have serious issues with a release and respond to fix such very quickly, as we've done here. I'm not sure how I can offer a date more certain than "within a week" when we are still researching the problem, which was just reported today!

Since you are obviously extremely unhappy, I'll be glad to offer you a refund, but I disagree in the strongest terms with your allegation of fraud.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 29
RE: Where is Fall of the Reich? - 6/5/2007 9:59:21 PM   
Erik Rutins

Just to add one more note - we did not release a game that we thought had any missing content or issues on Vista, with some kind of plan to fix it after release. No. In fact, we delayed this game to give it more testing and make sure the release went smoothly.

Obviously, there was a screw-up and we're focused on finding out the exact how, when, why, etc. so that we can issue a quick and comprehensive fix. We're holding the physical release until we sort this out.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Where is Fall of the Reich? Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI