Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wishlist

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Wishlist Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wishlist - 6/6/2007 3:51:29 PM   
JJKettunen

Surprised to see this kind of thread doesn't exist already.

Can I start with perhaps the most insignificant wish of all-time.

Could we have map labels similar to the later versions of Panzer Campaigns? Without the white backround, y'know? It would be a major improvement in map aesthetics, in my eyes at least.

Jyri Kettunen

The eternal privilege of those who never act themselves: to interrogate, be dissatisfied, find fault.

- A. Solzhenitsyn
Post #: 1
RE: Wishlist - 6/7/2007 12:08:12 AM   
Trigger Happy

I'll add a second wish to the seconded one of Keke, is there a possibility to don't have music running when you open the games? I mean in the menus. How about that for significance? 

(in reply to JJKettunen)
Post #: 2
RE: Wishlist - 6/7/2007 12:13:53 AM   
JJKettunen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trigger Happy

I'll add a second wish to the seconded one of Keke, is there a possibility to don't have music running when you open the games? I mean in the menus. How about that for significance?

I agree! The music gets annoying after umphteenth time.

(what a great list this is going to be )

Jyri Kettunen

The eternal privilege of those who never act themselves: to interrogate, be dissatisfied, find fault.

- A. Solzhenitsyn

(in reply to Trigger Happy)
Post #: 3
RE: Wishlist - 6/7/2007 1:22:56 AM   
Sequoia

My Wish, redo Divided Ground and make the Viet Nam Mod official.

(in reply to JJKettunen)
Post #: 4
RE: Wishlist - 6/7/2007 1:27:20 AM   
captskillet

Look under settings in the game menu me thinks and you can turn background music on/off.

"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

(in reply to Trigger Happy)
Post #: 5
RE: Wishlist - 6/7/2007 2:01:02 AM   
CJMello63

You can.

(in reply to captskillet)
Post #: 6
RE: Wishlist - 6/7/2007 11:39:14 AM   
JJKettunen

quote:

ORIGINAL: captskillet

Look under settings in the game menu me thinks and you can turn background music on/off.

Yes, but we mean the menu-music, when you select the game mode. No option for turning it off.

Jyri Kettunen

- A. Solzhenitsyn

(in reply to captskillet)
Post #: 7
RE: Wishlist - 6/7/2007 5:23:40 PM   
Merv0728

I would like to be able to turn off all the music whereever it plays, I find it really annoying. Please please do this.

(in reply to JJKettunen)
Post #: 8
RE: Wishlist - 6/7/2007 5:29:48 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Merv0728

I would like to be able to turn off all the music whereever it plays, I find it really annoying. Please please do this.

You can turn off the music while playing any of the games under the Options menu.

You cannot turn off the intro music, unless one finds the file that plays and deletes it? Not sure.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Merv0728)
Post #: 9
RE: Wishlist - 6/7/2007 6:13:24 PM   
Jarexx

Just dig around your game folder to find the offending sound file , then just simply back-up and delete which should fix your problem.

Or if you find it so annoying just replace it with something more to your taste.

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 10
RE: Wishlist - 6/7/2007 6:39:18 PM   
Ladmo

I would be careful about deleting the file. The exe almost certainly checks for that. I have crashed the game many a time deleting a bmp or sound file before. I'd go for that handy volume button option on your speakers. Works every time.

(in reply to Jarexx)
Post #: 11
RE: Wishlist - 6/7/2007 6:44:04 PM   
JJKettunen

I found the file for East Front (nbackg10.ogg) and deleted it. It doesn't change anything. The same music-file must have been hard coded to the menu or somefink. 

Jyri Kettunen

- A. Solzhenitsyn

(in reply to Ladmo)
Post #: 12
RE: Wishlist - 6/7/2007 7:33:50 PM   
BShin

I'd remake Divided Ground into a comprehensive modern wargame, from 6 Day War/Vietnam to Invasion of Iraq/Afghanistan.

Transport capacity can be more nuanced, rather than strength points of carrier must match strength points of carried unit. A single LVTP-7 can carry more than 20 men - half of a Marine platoon, but in the game, you'd need 6 LVTPs to lift one platoon. I'd like to be able to edit this in platoon.oob with the encryption program.

Some units have more than one weapon that in reality would use up differing amounts of action points and produce different sounds. An example is a BMP in DG having both a 73mm gun as well as ATGM. As things are now, BMP can only use its ATGM - the action points consumed per shot are more than half its action points, which means that BMP can only fire once per turn, even if it's using its cannon against soft targets.

Bert

(in reply to JJKettunen)
Post #: 13
RE: Wishlist - 6/7/2007 11:54:14 PM   
CJMello63

I missed the intro music for WF. Brought a tear to my eye when I heard it again.

(in reply to BShin)
Post #: 14
RE: Wishlist - 6/8/2007 12:09:42 AM   
Jarexx

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ladmo

I would be careful about deleting the file. The exe almost certainly checks for that. I have crashed the game many a time deleting a bmp or sound file before. I'd go for that handy volume button option on your speakers. Works every time.

Which is why you need to back-up the file just to be on the safe side

(in reply to Ladmo)
Post #: 15
RE: Wishlist - 6/8/2007 4:31:19 AM   
scaz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sequoia

My Wish: Use the Divided Ground engine as a base and Create a Modern combat version of campaign series (1950-2007+).

(in reply to Sequoia)
Post #: 16
RE: Wishlist - 6/8/2007 6:09:37 AM   
warhead2

quote:

seconded

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff,"
--Mariah Carey

(in reply to Sequoia)
Post #: 17
RE: Wishlist - 6/10/2007 3:04:40 AM   
Steely Glint

quote:

I'd like to third that.

< Message edited by Steely Glint -- 6/10/2007 3:05:03 AM >

“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.

(in reply to Sequoia)
Post #: 18
RE: Wishlist - 6/10/2007 9:27:10 PM   
dudalb_slith

I fifth or sixth for DividedGround done right,and then going on to complete coverage of the latter part of the 20th century.
But be patient,frankly,it will take some work to adapt the Campaign system to modern weapons. It seems to be harder to do on the platton level then a squad level. that this was botched was a major flaw of Divided Ground.
That DG will take a fair amount of redevelopment to get it right is one reason why it was not included in the Campaign disc..that and the fact it is not really a John Tiller game.

< Message edited by dudalb -- 6/10/2007 9:28:37 PM >

(in reply to Steely Glint)
Post #: 19
RE: Wishlist - 6/10/2007 10:56:07 PM   
junk2drive

How about the RS Banzai be added to the other games for certain types of units?

(in reply to dudalb_slith)
Post #: 20
RE: Wishlist - 6/11/2007 2:51:52 AM   
Sequoia

I'd be happy if they ended a DG game to include wars up to '83. That way you could include Lebanon, the Falklands and Grenada. 

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 21
RE: Wishlist - 6/11/2007 3:46:47 AM   
big dawg

How 'bout some BUTT NAKED WOMEN!!!!

WOOO HOOOO!

(in reply to Sequoia)
Post #: 22
RE: Some suggestions - 6/11/2007 8:24:53 PM   
Ichili

Some of the new units created by Jason introduce interesting possibilities to the game: for instance in the Stalingrad scenarios, the crewed boats and landing barges give us the option to recreate the transfer (under artillery and air attack) of Soviet units and equipment from one shore of the Volga to the other. I have tried to do that in the "Volga Inferno" scenario made by Greg Allen (great map) but these vessels do no seem to work the way they should.
Also wrecked trains could be put on the railroads near the two train stations of the city to make the simulation more realistic...
I know it sounds crazy, but adding underground movement (sewer in Stalingrad and U-Bahn in Berlin) would be great.Also armor facing within a platoon (tanks from the same platoon facing different directions to deal with incoming threats). But I know I am asking for too much...
Thank you guys.

(in reply to JJKettunen)
Post #: 23
RE: Some suggestions - 6/11/2007 9:13:39 PM   
Howard7x

My wish list:-

Update the 2D graphics engine with some nicer terrain and unit counters. Im not a fan of the 3D view nowdays and the 2D veiw could do with some touching up.

(in reply to Ichili)
Post #: 24
RE: Some suggestions - 6/11/2007 9:18:19 PM   
1925frank

The underground movement might not be that farfetched.  The Rising Sun Campaign Series had underground cave movement provided the cave hexes were within three hexes of one another. 

(in reply to Howard7x)
Post #: 25
RE: Some suggestions - 6/11/2007 10:13:35 PM   
warhead2

redo DG in phases so we get product sooner. that is get a DG system/game in place to handle '48-50s and thus the Korean War
and then release a 60s-70s product for nam and the later arab-israeli wars
and then a final modern war product introducing 80s weaponry to current,or at least 90s

these all would require extensive work and should probably be priced as separate product
except for the first DG on which much work has already been done and the weaponry doesn't diverge too much from world war II era

and I would love for the new DG to be able to handle DCG(dynamic campaigns)

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff,"
--Mariah Carey

(in reply to 1925frank)
Post #: 26
RE: Some suggestions - 6/12/2007 5:42:28 PM   
Ichili

I wrote this yesterday:
"Some of the new units created by Jason introduce interesting possibilities to the game: for instance in the Stalingrad scenarios, the crewed boats and landing barges give us the option to recreate the transfer (under artillery and air attack) of Soviet units and equipment from one shore of the Volga to the other. I have tried to do that in the "Volga Inferno" scenario made by Greg Allen (great map) but these vessels do no seem to work the way they should"

Well. I have to correct myself: last night I was able to recreate this situation by simply creating a pontoon bridge in the scenario editor as a transitional element between land and water; my Soviet troops now walk to the bridge and from there "jump" into the vessels.
This is getting exciting... Thank you guys.

(in reply to warhead2)
Post #: 27
RE: Some suggestions - 6/12/2007 5:55:33 PM   
1925frank

You should be able to load and unload in shallow water without having to use a pontoon bridge.  Some of the small boats can be carried onto land, and, from there, you can unload.  The "range of movement" light will show the boat cannot go on land, but if the boat is carriable (portable), it'll go onto the land, and you'll see soldiers carrying it.

(in reply to Ichili)
Post #: 28
RE: Some suggestions - 6/12/2007 5:58:03 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ichili

I wrote this yesterday:
"Some of the new units created by Jason introduce interesting possibilities to the game: for instance in the Stalingrad scenarios, the crewed boats and landing barges give us the option to recreate the transfer (under artillery and air attack) of Soviet units and equipment from one shore of the Volga to the other. I have tried to do that in the "Volga Inferno" scenario made by Greg Allen (great map) but these vessels do no seem to work the way they should"

Well. I have to correct myself: last night I was able to recreate this situation by simply creating a pontoon bridge in the scenario editor as a transitional element between land and water; my Soviet troops now walk to the bridge and from there "jump" into the vessels.
This is getting exciting... Thank you guys.

Excellent news. Glad to hear it works!

Jason Petho

(in reply to Ichili)
Post #: 29
RE: Some suggestions - 6/13/2007 6:09:33 PM   
warhead2

add the coy leader function to arty HQs so they have a purpose
that is the arty HQ "helps" undisrupt artillery

--Mariah Carey

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Wishlist Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI