Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Brigade dots on main map

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Brigade dots on main map Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Brigade dots on main map - 6/10/2007 11:31:09 AM   
LuckyCJS1001

I have 3 Brigades in a province with Compact stacks turned on.

However the little green dots only show 2.

Bug or am I missing something.

Sorry all but I am learning the game so you will probably be sick of me by the end of the month.

Plus is this place to ask questions about the real war or is there another forum. I am a Brit and the US Civil War did not feature much in our history exams :-) But it has me hooked. Would one day love to visit Gettysburg and Antietam.

Chris
Post #: 1
RE: Brigade dots on main map - 6/10/2007 11:46:03 AM   
jkBluesman

If the question is related to a general, use the bio sub-forum. But why not ask questions about the war here?

(in reply to LuckyCJS1001)
Post #: 2
RE: Brigade dots on main map - 6/10/2007 12:27:22 PM   
Twotribes

I dont use compact BUT the green dots in normal stacks do not always add up to the number of brigades present. It has to do with troop strength. I suspect you need to break 2000 or 2500 to get a second dot. Or some number around there.

Depleted Brigades will not show a dot for every brigade if strength isn't high enough. Ok let me try this another way.... the green dots are related to total strength in the province NOT number of brigades.

(in reply to jkBluesman)
Post #: 3
RE: Brigade dots on main map - 6/10/2007 12:43:29 PM   
LuckyCJS1001

Thanks all.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 4
RE: Brigade dots on main map - 6/10/2007 7:16:59 PM   
Gil R.

I'll confirm that it's no bug, just a way of indicating depletion.

As for a place for discussing history, for now just start a thread in the main forum. Maybe we'll have a history discussion sub-forum soon, but in the meantime, no need to hold off in starting a discussion.

< Message edited by Gil R. -- 6/10/2007 7:17:56 PM >

(in reply to LuckyCJS1001)
Post #: 5
RE: Brigade dots on main map - 6/10/2007 7:20:41 PM   
jchastain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

I dont use compact BUT the green dots in normal stacks do not always add up to the number of brigades present. It has to do with troop strength. I suspect you need to break 2000 or 2500 to get a second dot. Or some number around there.

Depleted Brigades will not show a dot for every brigade if strength isn't high enough. Ok let me try this another way.... the green dots are related to total strength in the province NOT number of brigades.

Exactly. When at full strength, dots = brigades. When depleted, dots = (roughly) the number of full brigades worth of men. While it might seem a little odd at first, over time I believe you'll find it to be much more useful as you'll have a good idea of the true strength of your army, which is far more important than the number of units.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Brigade dots on main map Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI