Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MICROMANAGEMENT(ammo)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> MICROMANAGEMENT(ammo) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MICROMANAGEMENT(ammo) - 9/2/2000 7:48:00 AM   
Jack

First I would like to say thank you for a great game. It is true the best things in life are free. Your hard work has not gone unappreciated. I was reading a post from somebody wondering if the game will allow us to decide what ammo type to use. I think it would be a great thing when the technology becomes available to be incorporated into the game. Why? Because with so few AP, HEAT, or other special ammo you must be able to choose your ammo. Why? Low percentage shot like you are moving and so is the target would be considered a low percentage shot. You know you will probalbly miss so use some HE and get a acquisition on the target. The second shot on the same target should be better and the third better yet. Only after you have them acquired then give it to him with the AP. A old ASL trick. I don't know about you guys but I sure hate to waste my AP rounds if I don't have to.

Post #: 1
- 9/2/2000 7:50:00 AM   
Tombstone

I dont think that's how units operated though. That would be a good example of too much control over the battlefield maximising effectiveness in unrealistic manners. I have a strong suspicion that tank crews shot AP rounds at tanks no matter what they felt their chances to hit were... Tomo

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 2
- 9/2/2000 8:06:00 AM   
Drake666

quote:

Originally posted by Tombstone: I dont think that's how units operated though. That would be a good example of too much control over the battlefield maximising effectiveness in unrealistic manners. I have a strong suspicion that tank crews shot AP rounds at tanks no matter what they felt their chances to hit were... Tomo
Got to agree with you their Tombstone. They even used the rong type of ammo on targets at times. The computer as is handels ammo better then WWII crews did.

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 3
- 9/2/2000 8:23:00 AM   
Rhone

But what about Fospherous shells? (Did I spell that right? Miracles happen). Should those be incorporated into the game?

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 4
- 9/2/2000 9:42:00 AM   
troopie

You mean White or Yellow Phosphorus? I'd love to see that in a game. I guess we'll have to wait for SPMW. The Americans HAVE to have willy pete in Vietnam. troopie ------------------ Pamwe Chete

Pamwe Chete

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 5
- 9/2/2000 11:16:00 AM   
Jack

Thank you all for your input. I can say with some degree of confidence that there must of been some tank crews in WWII that were better than others and some didn't panic everytime they saw an enemy tank. I realize it does give the player control over and above what some players call realistic. The great thing about this game is the battle's can go from a couple of platoons engaging in a firefight to a brigade size battle, so the scale should not be considered when talking about the ammo. What about the Sherman crews who would fire HE at a Panther when it was observed to be hatches up. And I saw one WWII vet on a documentary talk about how his gunner could knock out Panthers with the Sherman's gun by aiming specifically at the front hull glacious plate allowing the round to bounce up and hit the turret ring. Lets face it some of those guys are good at what they did or done. I would be nice to see Canister as well a WP as was mentiones earlier. Thanks again for your input

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 6
- 9/2/2000 12:27:00 PM   
bigjim

Heh unless you have experienced War then it is tough to say what is "real life" In fact the ONLY thing about "real life" war is that it is often "sureal" and decisions get made very quickly and without alot of thought sometimes. BigJim

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 7
- 9/2/2000 12:38:00 PM   
McGib

They do have white phosphorus in SPWAW, its called "smoke". It was not (that I know of) used as a weapon during wwii. That didnt happen until Korea. As to tank ammo it was quicker to fire the wrong ammo at the target than to unload it. Fight to survive the current problem, worry about the next one when it arrives. ------------------ McGib Ready Aye Ready

Ready Aye Ready

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> MICROMANAGEMENT(ammo) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI