Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Great First Impressions !

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War >> Great First Impressions ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Great First Impressions ! - 6/15/2007 3:46:20 AM   
Charles Lamb

I have not played the original titles upon which this is based however the AAR's and enthusiasm was enough to persuade me to buy this.

The download is very small and this was a slight cause for concern however I need not have worried:-

Straight forward installation. (and remembered to write down the serial number)

Simple and quick tutorials to quickly get into the game. I played a game through fine first without looking at any instructions (its what high ranking admirals upon whom the fate of the free world depend, do ! ) and the game interface is very intuitive.

The game plays fast, is simple to learn and automates all the things that a TF commander should not have to think about.

Eventually sighting reports come in...suspense mounts, strikes are launched and then the combat screens play through, it is exciting to watch and feels very much like the written accounts of these battles read.

The first three scenarios don't take long to play through (thats as far as I have got), great to be able to play an entire engagement in an hour or so and to be able to concentrate on the kind of decisions that the TF commanders had to.

Marvelous, I am having a wonderful time and highly recommend this to any that are interested in the topic. A really immersive and tremendously playable war game !

Not the greatest graphics in the world but they are good enough.

The only slight niggle I would have is that I could find nowhere in the rules about how to transfer squadrons of land based air. Eventually I discovered this in game under the strike menu but this is not obvious. Not a game stopper but important to several scenarios.

There are not that many scenarios as yet, I really hope to see more as the developers have promised. It won't take many evenings to play those provided (and although obviously very re-playable, this is a current limitation).

Anyhow thank you for a great simulation, Great Work ! (more of the same please)

n.b. A feature that I would love to see implemented would be an approximation of how many kills fighter pilots had got alongside their experience and fate at the end. (if this would not be a huge programming headache, I would think the program must track individual planes already due to the detail already provided ?)

< Message edited by Charles Lamb -- 6/15/2007 12:49:49 PM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War >> Great First Impressions ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI