Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Nigth Graphics - WF Problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Nigth Graphics - WF Problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Nigth Graphics - WF Problem - 6/15/2007 5:37:51 AM   
Digger70

In 3D, 3D zoom out, 2D or 2d Extreme Zoom in a night scenario when the LOS target radio button or the Move to Radio Button is selected, the non visible hexes are replaced with a black opaque overlay.

When 3D extreme is selected for all terrain types other than desert the transparent overlay is indistinguishable from the default night backgound, making it appear as if nothing has happened

When 3D extreme is selected for the desert terrain type the non visible hexes are replaced by a desert open ground hex, one level higher than the present elevation

There are no issues with the Tropical terrain set for any view level as this was no doubt imported from RS.

I am assuming that the old default terrain2d.bmp and terrain1d.bmp files have ben replaced with the nwe-terrainXd set as they do not appear to apply to any of th scenarios.

I have mades edits to all the 2D modes for the four used terrain sets - Desert, Temperate, North West Europe and Mediterranean.

These have been included in the attached file - change .txt extension to .bmp

The 2Ds are quite easy to fix the 3D, 4D and 5D files require changes to 9 files (brown3d, brown4dm brown5d, green3d, green4d, green5d, des-brown3d, des-brown4d and des-brown5d)

These files should be updated to RS standard, the second last line, second hex from the right needs to be changed to a transparent blue overlay similar to the RS files, except the RS overlay is located on its own line right at the bottom of the file.

I was planning to do this myself in photoshop but it will require changing the file to at least 16 bit colour resolution as when you try and dump them straight from the RS files the 256 colour palette changes the RS blue overlay to a almost black coulour which makes it indistingishable from the default night graphics. Perhaps this is the issue with the existing extreme 3D zoom.

I figured the game designers would have better access to the colour palettes and the original build files for RS which would make it easier to get the RS transparent overlay into the WF file, after all it was done sucessfully for EF.

I realise that the files I have included you may discard as you may wish to update or version them yourself. I am only trying to assist.

Cheers

Matt ~Digger

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Nigth Graphics - WF Problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI