Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

noob question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> noob question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
noob question - 6/15/2007 8:22:31 AM   
B/snafu

First,
Without sounding like a fan boy too much, wanted to just give a thanks to matrix and all involved with the re-releasing of some of the classic titles (toawIII,close combat,campaigns,etc.). For those of us who were not around the wargaming scene for one reason or another during those "classic days"--this is a great oppurtunity. I remember seeing ads in history mags for some of these titles while I was in the military & then college (ie. poor & computerless) and now I finnaly get to take the plunge pretty straight foreward. And kudos for the physical manual trend--hope more publishers catch on to this.

Just downloaded (first ever attempt at digital d/l--done flawlessly in 5 mins) physical & DD option of toawIII and plan on getting dd& boxed option also of close combat & campaigns from here as soon as campaigns boxed is released. My question is:-I recently ordered matrix's witp & hhtr form a third party "reseller" before I joined here. (I dont' want to mention the reseller in case it's tabbo but from what I've seen posted here the place is an authorized matrix reseller.

1. When those games come-I assume with serial #'s --will I still be able to register them here for support even though I bought them (legit) from a third party??

"How can you buy eggs in Malta for seven cents apiece and sell them at a profit in Pianosa for five cents?? "
Post #: 1
RE: noob question - 6/15/2007 10:47:33 AM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: B/snafu
1. When those games come-I assume with serial #'s --will I still be able to register them here for support even though I bought them (legit) from a third party??

Sure - but just so you know : you don't have to register a game to be able to download patches for it or get support. In fact the only thing registering a game gives you extra is access to some beta patches - some people (including me) like that but I doubt the majority of gamers care about it or bother to register their games.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to B/snafu)
Post #: 2
RE: noob question - 6/16/2007 10:40:24 AM   
B/snafu

Thanks for the clarification. Even though I got physical shipments coming from matrix along with writing my serial #'s down for the dd's options--I figured registering the games was also another failsafe against misplacing the numbers at a future date. Good to know that I can do that with the two I ordered before joing here, although I'm kicking myself for the fact that I'll have a brand new copy of witp arriving at the house probably tommorrow with no chance of upgrading to manual even with the new news of a witp physical manual in planning.

Matrix---Any chance of doing an excess print run of the witp manual when it becomes available to sell to past customers of one of your authorized resellers(those purchases still add to total sales numbers?) I gladly pay $10.00? $20.00? for a professionally printed witp manual?? (I know -I'm pushing it--sorry)

"How can you buy eggs in Malta for seven cents apiece and sell them at a profit in Pianosa for five cents?? "

(in reply to sterckxe)
Post #: 3
RE: noob question - 6/16/2007 11:44:58 AM   
Hertston

quote:

ORIGINAL: B/snafu

Good to know that I can do that with the two I ordered before joing here, although I'm kicking myself for the fact that I'll have a brand new copy of witp arriving at the house probably tommorrow with no chance of upgrading to manual even with the new news of a witp physical manual in planning.

Matrix---Any chance of doing an excess print run of the witp manual when it becomes available to sell to past customers of one of your authorized resellers(those purchases still add to total sales numbers?) I gladly pay $10.00? $20.00? for a professionally printed witp manual?? (I know -I'm pushing it--sorry)

Apparently that upgrade facility may be on the way; according to David Heath

"I am working on it but since we are on the subject let me tell you what we have coming. This will be an option only available to a customer who have already purchased a game that now has a new full color printed manual available. You must kow your serial number. Matrix will be setting up an upgrade page that a customer must enter his address, email and contact information. We must also enter his serial number and what store they purchased it from (US, EU). Once that information is entered you will be displayed a disount code as well as having it email to you with a link to go to and order a new box version of the game (Game On Demand). Each serial number will only be able to be entered once for this limited time offer."

(in reply to B/snafu)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> noob question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote