Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Beware of Digital Downloads, you may have to wait 2 days!!!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Tech Support >> Beware of Digital Downloads, you may have to wait 2 days!!!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Beware of Digital Downloads, you may have to wait 2 day... - 6/18/2007 4:25:52 PM   
milwal

I have just sent this email to Matrix regarding there diabolical digital download service....It speaks for itself..

I am very upset, I purchased this game expecting to be able to digitally download my order straight after payment was made only to come up against the following screen "IN REVIEW"????

I have even called your service dept, and was told its security?? what security for Paypal, I accept paypal in my business and its automatic there is absolutely no reason for security checks thats why you sign up with Paypal and have to give your life story, i have always played Matrix games however I think this is an outrage I was told I may have to wait 1/2 days!!!!!! I have a day off today and would not have spent GBP £30 odd quid if I'd had known this I think its totally disgusting, please do not email me back given me garbage about security I don't want to hear it....

EITHER SORT THIS OUT WITHIN THE NEXT 10mins or I WILL FILE FOR A PAYPAL CHARGEBACK FOR NOT RECEIVING GOODS AS ADVERTISED, AS I THINK THAT YOU SHOULD CLEARLY STATE THAT THERE WILL BE A 1/2 DAY WAIT (WHICH IS CRAZY)
Post #: 1
RE: Beware of Digital Downloads, you may have to wait 2... - 6/18/2007 4:46:13 PM   
sabre100

I have bought lots of games from Matrix and never had an issue ever.  Even when I was at a hotel and my download link was horibble I can easily go back and retry the download.  Matrix has the best system from all vendors if you ask me.  No DRM services like most of them!  You can always go back and redownload your order anytime, if you can't then it it not Matrix but PAYPAL, most likely you do not have a credit card with PayPal and you did an eCheck.  Paypal needs to wait a few days to verify that you have that money in the account.  If you do have a credit card with paypal then you can back to the store link from the top of the menu on www.matrixgames.com and click on order status.  My guess is you did an echeck and you have no credit card info with Paypal. This is paypal then and not matrix.

hope this helps

< Message edited by sabre100 -- 6/18/2007 4:53:36 PM >

(in reply to milwal)
Post #: 2
RE: Beware of Digital Downloads, you may have to wait 2... - 6/18/2007 4:52:46 PM   
milwal

Thanks for your reply, however this is not the case...
I have a fully verified business account and have been a Paypal member for over 6/7 years now with over 2000 completed transactions, its not an echeque its a direct payment from funds that were in my Paypal account, CC is fully registered no problems with Paypal this is Matrix 100% as I even called them and they said it was THEIR security check?...

(in reply to sabre100)
Post #: 3
RE: Beware of Digital Downloads, you may have to wait 2... - 6/18/2007 4:55:01 PM   
sabre100

Matrix has the best customer support if it is them they will iron it our failry quickly.  Did you retry the order status from the store again just to check? 

Sorry I couldnt be more help.

(in reply to milwal)
Post #: 4
RE: Beware of Digital Downloads, you may have to wait 2... - 6/18/2007 5:06:45 PM   
Montbrun

From past experience, even though Digital River's service leaves alot to be desired, your problem is a PayPal issue. It would have been nice if you had done a little homework before coming here and posting such a message.

(in reply to sabre100)
Post #: 5
RE: Beware of Digital Downloads, you may have to wait 2... - 6/18/2007 5:09:48 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: milwal
I have just sent this email to Matrix regarding there diabolical digital download service....It speaks for itself..

If you would e-mail me with your order number at erikr@matrixgames.com, I'll see what we can do and why the delay occurred. I'm not familiar with whether this is a PayPal or DR store issue, but I'll find out. It will take longer than 10 minutes though, unfortunately, but I should have an answer this morning.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to milwal)
Post #: 6
RE: Beware of Digital Downloads, you may have to wait 2... - 6/18/2007 5:13:10 PM   
milwal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad Hunter

From past experience, even though Digital River's service leaves alot to be desired, your problem is a PayPal issue. It would have been nice if you had done a little homework before coming here and posting such a message.

Have you read the thread?
Matrix customer service even stated it was THEIR security check....

(in reply to Montbrun)
Post #: 7
RE: Beware of Digital Downloads, you may have to wait 2... - 6/18/2007 5:15:29 PM   
milwal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: milwal

If you would e-mail me with your order number at erikr@matrixgames.com, I'll see what we can do and why the delay occurred. I'm not familiar with whether this is a PayPal or DR store issue, but I'll find out. It will take longer than 10 minutes though, unfortunately, but I should have an answer this morning.

Regards,

- Erik

Hi Erik,

OK thanks its all been sorted out now, just a shame I had to complain to get things moving...

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 8
RE: Beware of Digital Downloads, you may have to wait 2... - 6/18/2007 10:00:18 PM   
Widell

Any clues as to what the issue was? Just to make sure others can avoid the same issue.....I've never had any issues with Matrix myself, and just as others have said, it's a very friendly company to deal with, plus they are very active on the forums...

(in reply to milwal)
Post #: 9
RE: Beware of Digital Downloads, you may have to wait 2... - 6/20/2007 12:41:24 AM   
wingsntreads

Having been an employee of Digital river for sometime I can attest that the problem lies with them and not with Paypal. They have absolutly no regard for the comsumer, They get your money and sometime in the future you will get an email with your download link and code. But they don't CARE how long this takes or if you need to spend lots of time and money calling them to get the download you already paid for. Also the extennded download service is a rip off they force the CS reps to sell it with everything.

(in reply to Widell)
Post #: 10
RE: Beware of Digital Downloads, you may have to wait 2... - 6/20/2007 12:46:07 AM   
Erik Rutins

Wings,

Typically, our customers get a download link immediately after purchase. They then get an e-mail within minutes cnofirming the order and the link. Only in the case of bank transfers, as far as I know, is there a delay while payment is confirmed. I haven't worked at DR, but I can only state what our experience has been.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to wingsntreads)
Post #: 11
RE: Beware of Digital Downloads, you may have to wait 2... - 6/20/2007 1:13:49 AM   
JudgeDredd

Some people have really, really bad attitudes! 

I've bought ALL my games as digital download and I cannot remember ever having an issue...but if I did, I would come politley to the boards and request assistance.

I'm not saying you didn't have a problem, Milwal, but ffs....there are ways to introduce yourself!

Is there something in the water nowadays? I'm noticing more and more posts like these...and not only at Matrix Games. Seems to me somethings going wrong with society. Peoples attitudes SUCK!

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 12
RE: Beware of Digital Downloads, you may have to wait 2... - 6/20/2007 1:17:01 AM   
JudgeDredd

Oh...and I've never had t wait more than 5 minutes for the link to show. Again, not saying it doesn't happen...just pointing out that it doesn't always happen. And if you'd taken the time to read the boards you may find a dozen posts where people have a DD issue....so it's not asmuch of a disasterous delivery system as your rant suggest.

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 13
RE: Beware of Digital Downloads, you may have to wait 2... - 6/20/2007 1:20:31 AM   
Fred98

In recent years all my wargames have been digital downloads from Matrix. Every one has gone smoothly.
-

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 14
RE: Beware of Digital Downloads, you may have to wait 2... - 6/20/2007 12:51:18 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: wingsntreads

Having been an employee of Digital river for sometime I can attest that the problem lies with them and not with Paypal. They have absolutly no regard for the comsumer, They get your money and sometime in the future you will get an email with your download link and code. But they don't CARE how long this takes or if you need to spend lots of time and money calling them to get the download you already paid for. Also the extennded download service is a rip off they force the CS reps to sell it with everything.

That's a pretty bold and subjective statement. I have purchased a lot of software via DR (no Matrix products obviously ). Just recently the Office 2007 suite. I never had any kind of problems with transfers, being it the money or the software. Within minutes I was able to download.

Well the only "problem" I ever had was that I was getting 8 backup CDs instead of 1, but I also only got charged for one , so not much of a problem for me ...

Post #: 15
RE: Beware of Digital Downloads, you may have to wait 2... - 7/15/2007 6:28:21 PM   
JonBrave

quote:

ORIGINAL: wingsntreads

Well I have just come across this post while browsing. See my related-experience post:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1511741

I don't care if some posters here shout if someone says this. As a "customer" to DR this is precisely my experience.

I think the problem is, if you have purchased from DR, say, and had no problems, well & good for you. But you don't know what it's like for those of us who are *not* idiots/whingers, but have not been successful. I have found DR's customer service/help to be the pits, and I have been very happy with other on-line vendors.

I have no gripe with Matrix Games about their games. Unfortunately for me, I do with their choice of digital retailer.

Post #: 16
RE: Beware of Digital Downloads, you may have to wait 2... - 7/15/2007 7:33:49 PM   
JudgeDredd

No-one is shouting at anyone about having this problem. I'm sure there are glitches. The post you linked to, Jon Brave was asking if other people experienced an issue and he got replies to that end. No-one was shouting at him for asking the question. The topic was taken off topic by ravinhood and myself locking horns as we so often do.

If anyone experiences this problem, then they have every reason to be annoyed and complain.

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to JonBrave)
Post #: 17
RE: Beware of Digital Downloads, you may have to wait 2... - 8/5/2007 12:02:03 PM   
targul

I dont know how many games I have digitally downloaded.  Had serious problems with 3.  One from Matrix via Digitial River which was resolved fairly quickly.  This was resolved by Matrix though since Digital River basically didnt care at all. 

I have had constant and regular problems with Steam.  I no long use them for anything because they lack any customer service.  They will not even provide you a number so you can discuss the problem.

Had a problem with the people who do SC2.  The download service was absolutely worthless.  Called the acutal company and it took about 12 hours to fix but they worked hard to get me up and running.  They spent many hours on the phone with me to resolve the problem.

Jim

Cant we just get along.
Hell no I want to kill something!

1st Cav Div 66-69 5th Special Forces 70-73

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 18
RE: Beware of Digital Downloads, you may have to wait 2... - 9/14/2007 11:24:53 PM   
galahad67

took about 15 minutes for the link to show up at noon hour when I bought europe at war

there was a wee glitch with cookies but that was eliminated when the email arrived

system worked for me

tom

(in reply to targul)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Tech Support >> Beware of Digital Downloads, you may have to wait 2 days!!!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI