Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix Games, Enough!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Matrix Games, Enough! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix Games, Enough! - 6/19/2007 3:13:19 PM   
bbmike

First Forge of Freedom. Then UFO. And now you release this!? What are you trying to do to me? I watched in another thread as JudgeDredd fell victim to the 'just one more game' sickness. I can't finish one game if you keep releasing these new, cool strategy games! I refuse to purchase another!

That being said, I keep seeing that you can play past 1945 but only until around 1946. Is that the limit? Can the game go on and on or does it stop?

ps- I will not buy this game! I just want to know the answer. Then maybe...NO!.....
Post #: 1
RE: Matrix Games, Enough! - 6/19/2007 3:30:01 PM   
freeboy

I am pretty sure there is no limit on the turns as this fileshould be accesable to us.. we will se what the dev say... it is later in Europe.. Ian?

(in reply to bbmike)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix Games, Enough! - 6/19/2007 3:39:23 PM   
JudgeDredd

1946 is the limit...which month I do not know...but it stops in 1946

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 3
RE: Matrix Games, Enough! - 6/19/2007 5:03:34 PM   
rjh1971

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

1946 is the limit...which month I do not know...but it stops in 1946

Well Firepowerjohan states the contrary in the Slitherine forum, he says you can play unlimited until you conquer all enemy territory.

quote:

Since game is new and I assume not many ppl want to open up the manual and read before playing, I will post some crucial and hard to know rules here that people else would bypass

FAQ
1) How long is a turn in CEaW? - 20 days
2) Can the game be played beyond 1945? - Yes, there is a optional 1945 ending rule and if that one is OFF then you can play unlimited until either side has been conquered
3) Does increases AA help my units defending cities better? - No, AA improves the Resources air combat values not units.

Did you know this?
1) Subs are invisible to enemy when their blue icon on their bottom right is showing. When they battle they go visible and when they move they go invisible again (Dive! Dive! Dive!)
2) Upgrading a unit often makes it temporarily weaker since the loss in effectiveness lowers its combat ability more than the increased values of its upgrade.
3) Reinforcing Ground and Air units has a cost factor of 60% while naval units has cost factor of 80% which means Naval cost almost as muich building new ones as repairing old ones.

More to come...

Here is the link: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3520

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 4
RE: Matrix Games, Enough! - 6/19/2007 5:06:00 PM   
JudgeDredd

I stand corrected 

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 5
RE: Matrix Games, Enough! - 6/19/2007 5:53:32 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: bbmike

First Forge of Freedom. Then UFO. And now you release this!? What are you trying to do to me? I watched in another thread as JudgeDredd fell victim to the 'just one more game' sickness. I can't finish one game if you keep releasing these new, cool strategy games! I refuse to purchase another!

Buy now play later

(in reply to bbmike)
Post #: 6
RE: Matrix Games, Enough! - 6/19/2007 5:55:16 PM   
rjh1971

quote:

Riginal: JudgeDredd
I stand corrected

Don't have the game so I can't tell, though I wish you were wrong I hate it when one game finishes just after reaching a date, when you usually have the strength to crush the enemy and play just for the fun of conquering everything left.

< Message edited by rjh1971 -- 6/19/2007 5:56:26 PM >

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 7
RE: Matrix Games, Enough! - 6/19/2007 8:43:12 PM   
JudgeDredd

I know what you mean and I agree...but you have to realise that the tech tree would need to be much, much greater than it is now, and in a game, there's a bigger chance of things becoming available "out of sync"...also, they may want to provide a further game in the future for a new theatre...adding the tech tree until 2007 would negate the use of such a development.

I generally don't like scripted endings...but I understand their need foma development pov and from a business pov.

But there is honestly plenty of game in here to have fun with. I've been playing for hours at a time for days now, and I'm still only at mid 1942

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 8
RE: Matrix Games, Enough! - 6/19/2007 9:09:40 PM   
bbmike

Thanks for the replies! It sounds like it does go past 1946 even after a victor has been declared. I like to keep playing even after a victor is declared. I do this in Civ 4 a lot. When the games ends, I'll keep going until I reach my own set of goals (or get bored). Is it easy to mod this game? Maybe you could add more techs, units, etc. etc.

I'm still not going to buy this game.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 9
RE: Matrix Games, Enough! - 6/19/2007 11:11:27 PM   
blighty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

Buy now play later

Great idea, now if you'd just agree to give the wife your contact details so you can explain to her why I need to buy more games (she seems to call bull to all my reasons) that would be perfect

Mind you "your churning out too many great games I want to buy" is not bad as complaints go, I got this instead of the campaign games, amoung others, roll on Christmas

[LINK=http://spwaw.com/][/LINK]

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 10
RE: Matrix Games, Enough! - 6/19/2007 11:37:19 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: blighty

quote:

Buy now play later

Great idea, now if you'd just agree to give the wife your contact details so you can explain to her why I need to buy more games (she seems to call bull to all my reasons) that would be perfect

Does your wife only buy shoes when she really needs them ? I normally silence my girl with that question.

ps. the phrase was just a little joke on another prominent marketing phrase

(in reply to blighty)
Post #: 11
RE: Matrix Games, Enough! - 6/20/2007 12:01:57 AM   
blighty

I only manged to get this one as she wanted new rings, it was hard I could have bought at lest 8 games from Matrix alone

I know, nice play on words, its just depressing that you guys keep putting out all these games I want to buy, on top of your back catalog of ones I want

[LINK=http://spwaw.com/][/LINK]

Post #: 12
RE: Matrix Games, Enough! - 6/20/2007 1:31:48 AM   
Twotribes

Thats what credit cards are for.....Though when I declare bankruptcy I don't think the Judge will like when i tell him it was cause of computer games ).

(in reply to bbmike)
Post #: 13
RE: Matrix Games, Enough! - 6/20/2007 1:33:50 AM   
Twotribes

I know, Matrix, claim your having a sale. It doesn't have to be true, just post in big letters SALE ( in the small print list maybe one game) then we can use the excuse the wives us " Honey I SAVED money, it was on sale."

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 14
RE: Matrix Games, Enough! - 6/20/2007 1:55:42 AM   
ravinhood

I swear some of you act like the games not going to be there if you don't buy it RIGHT NOW! lol You can only play ONE game at a time, well unless you are a total nerd and have 6 computers surrounding you with a different game on each one. I don't think anyone is that nerdy here, well, cept maybe Judg...nah I won't say it. ;) Just get one game and play it until it's boring. Play it fully thru, all the scenarios and all the mods for it. Then you can have a new game. hahahah I still see a lot of the young me's out there in game buying land. I can't afford it and I don't really need it, but, I'm going to buy it anyways and to heck what anyone else says or thinks or has to suffer for it. lol

I notice no one ever mentions their children when it comes to getting a new game. It's always the wife or spouse. lol Don't you even consider your poor children who would like a new game before you daddy? lol Or do you also use them as an excuse that well I just bought them such n such for their console so now I'm gonna get ME something lol. Maybe I'll get ME a LOT of somethings....buy buy buy must have all now. lol

Here's the real kicker, those that buy a lot of games at one time then find themselves undecided about which one to play and end up not playing any of them persistantly. ;0) Cmon fess up who's part of this personality and attitude about gaming? ;)

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 15
RE: Matrix Games, Enough! - 6/20/2007 8:09:09 AM   
JudgeDredd

You buy it if you want to. Don't listen to the wise old miser above...he's been bitten by the years.

Some of us work hard enough to warrant a little relax time.

And it's not about wanting it NOW and can't wait...each title that is released offers just that little bit of "something"....just a tweak here, or a change there and that's it....you'd like it. It isn't that your "bored" with your other games...more that you would like to see what makes this (insert game name here) special.

Get it if you want it. If you don't then don't.

quote:

TwoTribes
Thats what credit cards are for.....Though when I declare bankruptcy I don't think the Judge will like when i tell him it was cause of computer games ).

I'll probably let you off with a caution!

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 16
RE: Matrix Games, Enough! - 6/20/2007 8:11:11 AM   
JudgeDredd

Ravinhood

Are you just going to post **** in these forums, or are you actually looking to see if you want it? You do this with all new releases.

Now I'm all for freedom of speech...but buy it and comment or shut the **** up

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 17
RE: Matrix Games, Enough! - 6/20/2007 8:26:45 AM   
jynx11

........Judge.................................lol. That post put a smile on my face.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 18
RE: Matrix Games, Enough! - 6/20/2007 11:12:21 PM   
targul

Lets see I am retired so I have all the time I wish. I play many games at the same time. I like PBEM so I will start many different games with many different people. I play CWIE, SC2, Making History which are all turn based so I can play them all at the same time on 1 computer. Now I do own 5 computers 3 desktop and 2 laptops so I could try multiples at a time.

I am often playing EQ2 get a you got mail message open the email to find a incoming turn. I download the turn and log onto that game complete my turn and send it. Then I return to whateven else I am playing. Many times I receive multiple email game turns for different game and I do them each in turn and return them and then move onto the next.

Since I am retired I am old so I would hate to die prior to playing that latest version of the newest game that maybe what I have been waiting forever for.

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

You buy it if you want to. Don't listen to the wise old miser above...he's been bitten by the years.

Some of us work hard enough to warrant a little relax time.

And it's not about wanting it NOW and can't wait...each title that is released offers just that little bit of "something"....just a tweak here, or a change there and that's it....you'd like it. It isn't that your "bored" with your other games...more that you would like to see what makes this (insert game name here) special.

Get it if you want it. If you don't then don't.

quote:

TwoTribes

I'll probably let you off with a caution!

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 19
RE: Matrix Games, Enough! - 6/21/2007 2:00:38 AM   
Titanwarrior89

Now their putting out The American Civil war: The blue and gray(ageod's).  I highly recommend this one.  I think its the best operational civilwar game ever. 

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to targul)
Post #: 20
RE: Matrix Games, Enough! - 6/21/2007 3:40:43 AM   
SlapBone

quote:

Buy now pay later

You heard it here first folks, and it was Mark who said it. All we need is the details now.

Post #: 21
RE: Matrix Games, Enough! - 6/21/2007 2:01:44 PM   
bbmike

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanwarrior89

Now their putting out The American Civil war: The blue and gray(ageod's). I highly recommend this one. I think its the best operational civilwar game ever.

See, this sort of thing is not helping!
One thing that worries me about Commander - Europe at War is the lack of diplomacy. Is everything kind of historically pre-scripted as well?

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 22
RE: Matrix Games, Enough! - 6/21/2007 3:33:53 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: SlapBone

quote:

Buy now pay later

You heard it here first folks, and it was Mark who said it. All we need is the details now.

Nice try

(in reply to SlapBone)
Post #: 23
RE: Matrix Games, Enough! - 6/21/2007 6:35:21 PM   
themattcurtis

quote:

I notice no one ever mentions their children when it comes to getting a new game. It's always the wife or spouse. lol Don't you even consider your poor children who would like a new game before you daddy? lol Or do you also use them as an excuse that well I just bought them such n such for their console so now I'm gonna get ME something lol. Maybe I'll get ME a LOT of somethings....buy buy buy must have all now. lol

That's right. We're neglecting our kids lol wait lol what's happening hahahaha lol ....it's, it's a virus lol .....the generalizations lol.....the attempts to knock those around me hahahaha lol the sage wisdom no one asked for

Honest to God. Now, because people say they're excited about a new product, there are suggestions that they don't invest time or $$ in their kids. Single dad here, with two little guys, and if I want to spend money on myself after cooking, bathing, playing, attending little league (still asking why they expect my 7 yr old to play from 8 to 10 pm), cleaning, packing lunches and reading a story, that's my choice.

(in reply to bbmike)
Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> Matrix Games, Enough! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI