Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Version 1 to Version 4?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Version 1 to Version 4? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Version 1 to Version 4? - 9/3/2000 11:48:00 PM   
Jack

A friend of mine wants to learn how to play SPWAW and there is something I am not sure about. I have Version 1 on cd that I will load for him. My question is do you need v 2.3 before you can download verion 4 or can you just go from v 1 to v 4? I am waiting for V 4 to come out before I start. Thank you for your help.

Post #: 1
- 9/4/2000 1:31:00 AM   
Wild Bill

I'm not a techie, but there are things in versions 2.0 and onward that might be necessary. Not everything is included in 4.0 If it were I, I would take the time to do it to be on the safe side. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 2
- 9/4/2000 4:30:00 AM   
Graf Speer

Wild Bill, Version "4.0" ??? I have read several reference now of gamers referring to this mysterious 4.0 - but I had actually been anticipating the version 3.0 update all this time . . . where did I miss out? bepuzzled but still playing version 2.3 , Albert

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 3
- 9/4/2000 5:27:00 AM   
Bonzo

I think that they may have added so many new features that they went way beyond what they felt version 3 would be, so have decided to call it version 4. There has been no release of a version 3 ------------------ Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay Coordinator: 28th (Northwest) Battalion Headquarters http://dreadnaught.home.icq.com/enter.html

Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Webmaster 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters Main http://www.nwbattalion.com E-mail

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 4
- 9/4/2000 5:32:00 AM   
Drake666

The reason is that some people got their hands on a bata of version 3 and started complaining thinking they had the real version 3.

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 5
- 9/4/2000 6:34:00 AM   
Louie the Toad

I am playing v.1 now because we started playing several PBEM games, some at the same time and so were never quite able to upgrade. Without quitting a game. We do plan to use V.3 when it comes out. Please let us know if we must upgrade to 2 and anything else in between before we can use 3. Thanks.

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 6
- 9/4/2000 7:06:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

You need to apply each of teh patches in order, or you may end up with something messed up. The shift to "version 4" for this release is indeed because of the premature release of a version 3 beta that was posted to be "version 3". We wanted to make sure the "latest version" was obvious and there really are at least as many changes between 3 and 4 as there were going from 1 to 2 :-)

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 7
- 9/4/2000 11:01:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Sorry Graf..got here a little late, but Paul V has answered adequately...nothing left to say except the Tony the Tiger line... GUREAT! WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 8
- 9/4/2000 10:27:00 PM   
jwarrenw13

But you still intend to release a patch from 2.3 to 4.0, along with the complete new game? Hope so. It has been a little confusing reading through all this, but as I recall your last plan was patch and new complete version for download.

(in reply to Jack)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Version 1 to Version 4? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI