Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Batter's Name Announcement

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Batter's Name Announcement Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Batter's Name Announcement - 6/23/2007 10:00:47 PM   
DaddyO

I don't own the game, but I have shown interest from time to time. I can't remember, but is the phonetic spelling of the batter's name announcement editable? I remember when I've demo'd it before some of the pronounciations are wrong. Back in the days of the Amiga, Earl Weaver Baseball had a feature where you could enter a custom phonetic spelling of a player's name if their standard spelling resulted in an incorrect pronunciation. Is this possible in Puresim? If not, it should be fairly easy to include in a future version. Once you worked with phonetic spelling a bit, it got quite easy as a user.
Post #: 1
RE: Batter's Name Announcement - 6/23/2007 10:54:35 PM   
DaddyO

I just downloaded the demo again, and it appears that the announcing of the batter's name is no longer part of the game (unless it's an option or something). So I guess the point is moot.

(in reply to DaddyO)
Post #: 2
RE: Batter's Name Announcement - 6/23/2007 11:01:53 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: DaddyO

I just downloaded the demo again, and it appears that the announcing of the batter's name is no longer part of the game (unless it's an option or something). So I guess the point is moot.

It is an option that is off by default. From the main screen click "Options". Then check "enable speech engine".

Note, I love your idea! I may consider implementing that this weekend -- I LOVED Earl Weaver Baseball on my Amiga. I spent the entire Summers of '86 and '87 playing that with my Dad. Great memories.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to DaddyO)
Post #: 3
RE: Batter's Name Announcement - 6/23/2007 11:32:31 PM   
DaddyO

Thanks Shaun for correcting me. That would be a real plus for the immersion.

Yeah, EWB had a special ambiance and was WAY ahead of its time. It was a shame that EWBII was buggy and kept crashing for me.

Hey, you've done a fabulous job with your game. It has a simplicity of presentation that brand X misses. You put the needed functionality under the hood and readily available, but don't make people stare at a screenful of numbers that distract from the game. Oh, in playing the demo this afternoon, I noticed that you have basic player ratings pop up when you hover the mouse over their name. Great idea. Unless I missed it, this same functionality is not available in the lineup and roster screens, and it might be helpful there as well. Just a thought.

Best wishes as you jump back into things!

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 4
RE: Batter's Name Announcement - 7/2/2007 9:55:38 PM   
leegra

Hi Shaun,

In response to DaddyO's inquiry, you responded:...I love your idea! I may consider implementing that this weekend -- I LOVED Earl Weaver Baseball on my Amiga. I spent the entire Summers of '86 and '87 playing that with my Dad. Great memories.

I'm also a solid fan of Earl Weaver Baseball, and the game's phonetic spelling of a batter's name was one of my favorite features. I just wondered if you had had the time to pursue the possibility of incorporating that into PS.

lee

(in reply to DaddyO)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Batter's Name Announcement Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI