Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Jason, one more hiccup

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Jason, one more hiccup Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Jason, one more hiccup - 6/28/2007 6:44:32 AM   
XLVIIIPzKorp

EF, night scenario; Midnight Madness.

Select a unit to move, hit the "H" key to show reachable hexes and all that happens is every unit and VP marker brightens up on the map. Similarly hitting the "V" key to show visible hexes for a selected unit does nothing except darken every unit and VP marker on the map.

Starshell icons do not appear on map when successfully placed. I think the scenario has some issues. Maybe because of the snow? Other night scens I've checked seem to be alright though none were in snow.
Post #: 1
RE: Jason, one more hiccup - 6/28/2007 7:58:52 AM   
Digger70

This is a known issue, I can see from your earlier post that you do not have the 1.01 patch installed. You will need to download the patch to get the EF II night graphics to work, as the new rules have been applied to the 1.00 version but not the terrain files.

Even after you have done this the following problems will still be present:

The 2D night graphics are incorrect this is to be fixed in the upcoming patch, if you cannot wait there is an earlier post by myself "EF Night Graphics"  that has the fix as a download.

The 3D starshell and night firing graphics do not work in 3D mode, this will also be fixed in the upcoming patch

Matt

(in reply to XLVIIIPzKorp)
Post #: 2
RE: Jason, one more hiccup - 6/28/2007 3:50:53 PM   
XLVIIIPzKorp

Digger70, thanks for your response but the version of EF I'm running this scenario under is the patched version. I purchsed / downloaded the game after Matrix had announced the fixes had been done. Proof is in the fact that the downloaded version contained all the FOTR scenarios. My earlier post pointed out that the physical CD which I rec'd days later still lacked the FOTR scenarios.

(in reply to Digger70)
Post #: 3
RE: Jason, one more hiccup - 6/29/2007 5:16:29 AM   
Digger70

I am aware of the EF Night graphics for 2D mode (the black overlay when you hit V or H)

The files I mentioned will fix that.

The Night Graphics work for 3D mode for snow terrain as I tested all 3D views in EF throughly. There was an issue with the 3D modes for night graphics for the default brown terrain type, as the incorrect files were included in the FOTR 1.01 update. Snow and Mud definately worked.

It may be your monitor resolution, the snow night visible graphics are hard to see on a non LCD monitor. The Night graphics overaly is blue and there is alot of blue in the default snow terrain tiles. The brightening effect is most likely the result of the overlay changing the background colour to transparent blue, the default night is transparent black, when you hit V or H, the blue overlay is applied to the background.

Like I said, The Night fixes for both EF and WF will be included in the upcoming patch.

Matt ~Digger

(in reply to XLVIIIPzKorp)
Post #: 4
RE: Jason, one more hiccup - 6/29/2007 5:52:29 AM   
XLVIIIPzKorp

Thanks again for the response. Couple things first I'm running a Samsung 22" LCD Syncmaster 225, resolution 1680x1050, switched to 16 bit color when I play CS. Version is 1.01 (patched)

Did some checking of all my night scenarios. My troubles beyond what is scheduled to be patched occur only in snow scenarios. Further examination revealed that the brightening affect I experienced was not all the units as I originally stated just most. With a unit selected and the "h" key pressed a switch from 3d to 2d view revealed the units that were brightening were the ones outside the movement range of the selected unit... (the overlay changing as you explained). As near as I can tell everything is working as you've described it should. Apparently I'm experiencing monitor issues with night and snow scenarios. Hmmm time to go messing with my monitor color calibration.

Thanks again for your help.

(in reply to Digger70)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Jason, one more hiccup Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI