Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Disengage Ships

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War >> Disengage Ships Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Disengage Ships - 6/30/2007 6:54:34 AM   
WHLNH

Maybe it has just been dumb luck, but it seems I have never seen the opportunity to disengage a damanged ship from a task force. I've had them where they are pretty beat-up, and I'll select them, but never see the button mentioned to disengage them (to let the rest of the TG speed up). Is there really a button to do this, if so I can't find it (even though I've read where it should be) or have I just never hit the magic point of where I can disengage the ship?

Bill
Post #: 1
RE: Disengage Ships - 6/30/2007 9:23:39 AM   
Gregor_SSG

quote:

ORIGINAL: WHLNH

Maybe it has just been dumb luck, but it seems I have never seen the opportunity to disengage a damanged ship from a task force. I've had them where they are pretty beat-up, and I'll select them, but never see the button mentioned to disengage them (to let the rest of the TG speed up). Is there really a button to do this, if so I can't find it (even though I've read where it should be) or have I just never hit the magic point of where I can disengage the ship?

Bill

Only high value ships, such as carriers, which are designated by the scenario designer are allowed to be detached and formed into separate TGs in order to make a run for it under AI control.

All other vessels can be scuttled, if their speed drops low enough.

Gregor

Vice President, Strategic Studies Group
See http://www.ssg.com.au and http://www.ssg.com.au/forums/
for info and free scenarios.

(in reply to WHLNH)
Post #: 2
RE: Disengage Ships - 6/30/2007 8:02:04 PM   
WHLNH

Thanks. Of course, I have not seen the scuttle button either. I've taken some pretty significant damange on ships without the buttons being visible to me (as opposed to me saying they are not there). Where exactly would the button be? I've assumed it would be on the lower left, opposite the button to change the display to the overhead view.

Thanks

Bill

(in reply to WHLNH)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Carriers At War >> Disengage Ships Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI