Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Great Game, need more Music

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Great Game, need more Music Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Great Game, need more Music - 4/19/2007 6:59:21 AM   
GalacticOrigins

This is a great game. I especially like that fact that Technology gets more expensive based on how many empires have that tech. It creates a 'tech rush' situation where a player has to think ahead when researching.

The economics are handled well, too. Basically, there are few colonies, and 'claimed' star systems just add to your income.

Ships, once built, can be upgraded with new technology. This is handled easily since there are few ships to mess with. (Each ship you have is rather important ... )

However, is there any way to get the music to play more often? I start a new game and the music stops after a while. Then it will start again, but there are long periods with no music. The music is rather nice and definately appropriate for the current strategic situation.
Post #: 1
RE: Great Game, need more Music - 7/3/2007 4:48:28 AM   
Wylann

I haven't tried this game, but how does it compare to the Master of Orion games (1 & 2 in particular)? 

I am still waiting for what I consider the perfect game, the diplomacy of MoO, the easy to set trade/patrol type system of Stars!! (and the great multiplayer support), as well as the custom ship building of both, and a real time combat like Homeworld.  :D 

Not that I ever expect to see it.

(in reply to GalacticOrigins)
Post #: 2
RE: Great Game, need more Music - 7/3/2007 1:09:10 PM   
Terl

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wylann

I haven't tried this game, but how does it compare to the Master of Orion games (1 & 2 in particular)? 

This game is nothing like MOO at all. You do not build an empire in this game like you would in any other 4x game. The focus here is more on the ships.

quote:

I am still waiting for what I consider the perfect game, the diplomacy of MoO, the easy to set trade/patrol type system of Stars!! (and the great multiplayer support), as well as the custom ship building of both, and a real time combat like Homeworld.  :D 

Not that I ever expect to see it.

We all wait for that good space 4x. I love Stars! also. I was so looking forward to Supernova and then it just sort of died. Anyway, back to this one. First I would recommend you bop on over to Apezone and check out the demo. The version there is slightly different but will give you a good idea what the game is like. It is a great deal of fun, just do not expect MOO or Homeworld or huge sweeping real time battles. It is not like that

Oh, have you checked out Sword of the Stars? It is quite a nice space 4x game.

(in reply to Wylann)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Great Game, need more Music Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI