Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Online Store is Ridiculous

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray Support >> Online Store is Ridiculous Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Online Store is Ridiculous - 7/4/2007 5:52:15 PM   
tiredoftryingnames

I ordered ACW last week before going out of town. I normally do digital download and physical shipment so I can get the printed manual and have the game right away. But since I wasn't going to be around I just got the physical shipment. So after a week no game and I check the site and it's backordered. So I call the number of the online store, select the option to cancel my order, so I can redo the order as digital download and get the shipment. I have a serial number I just need to change the order type.

More money for Matrix, this should be easy. But no, the representitive says matrix has a no refund policy so she can't cancel the order. Two things stand out as ridiculous here. One, I haven't been charged for the product as nothing has shipped. What refund are they referring too? I tried pointing this out but I guess it wasn't on the script they read from so common sense had nothing to do with the problem. Two, why have a cancel option if you can't cancel anything.

So I stress this is so I can upgrade my order. I ask if she can modify my order and upgrade it. Nope. I'm told just to wait on the physical shipment, which sucks. I am sitting here starting a 5 day vacation and the game is estimated to ship way after my vacation is over. Why is it so hard to give Matrix more money than I originally was going to give them?

< Message edited by tiredoftryingnames -- 7/4/2007 6:16:51 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Online Store is Ridiculous - 7/4/2007 6:47:17 PM   
Erik Rutins

There's a key thing to understand here - you contacted the online store, which means you were talking to Digital River. They have orders to enforce our policy and they can't arbitrarily change it. In this kind of instance, if you e-mail us at support@matrixgames.com, we would absolutely say yes and then tell DR to issue a refund and let you re-order, but they can't do that on their own.

Since the entire company is away this week though, e-mail me directly at erikr@matrixgames.com and I'll take care of this for you. I'll need a copy of your full order info, including the order number.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to tiredoftryingnames)
Post #: 2
RE: Online Store is Ridiculous - 7/4/2007 7:01:26 PM   
tiredoftryingnames

Email sent

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Online Store is Ridiculous - 7/5/2007 1:01:45 PM   
JudgeDredd

You're welcome 

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to tiredoftryingnames)
Post #: 4
RE: Online Store is Ridiculous - 7/5/2007 3:50:03 PM   
tiredoftryingnames

I thanked him in the email I sent. I just hope he has time today to get to the request. I'm looking forward to downloading the game.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray Support >> Online Store is Ridiculous Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI