Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Blockade Runners and City Sieges

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Blockade Runners and City Sieges Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Blockade Runners and City Sieges - 7/7/2007 5:15:23 AM   
LeBlaque

Yes, the subject is two unrelated questions:

During the course of my e-mail game I've come across two things I am now questioning:

Do fleets have their intrinsic blockade runner feature active (e.g. 10% chance of destroy/ship) IF they are in the process of blockading a port? Similarly, can they have their intercept feature active AND blockade a port at the same time AND have the blockade feature active?

This could be my old age and memory but I've noted the following in my e-mail game regarding siege of cities:
If you choose the "Attack the Fort" command when you siege a city it will go to a Quick Battle screen and the "numerous" brigades of the sieger will attack the few brigades of the City defender ultimately resulting in a victory for the attacker (this is without a fort) where normal sieges occur. I seem to recall that during SINGLE-PLAY if I chose "Attack the Fort" this QB would not occur, and I would actually conduct a siege.. bottom line, I seem to think e-mail and single play Attack the Fort commands work differently; am I correct on this?

Feedback would be appreciated.

Regards,
LeBlaque
Post #: 1
RE: Blockade Runners and City Sieges - 7/9/2007 2:23:45 PM   
ericbabe

Fleets ought to be able to destroy blockade runners even while blockading.

I don't think the "Attack the Fort" option should even be available in a PBEM game -- if you wouldn't mind double-checking that you really have that option in PBEM, let me know and I'll look into it further.

(in reply to LeBlaque)
Post #: 2
RE: Blockade Runners and City Sieges - 7/9/2007 8:58:18 PM   
LeBlaque

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

Fleets ought to be able to destroy blockade runners even while blockading.

I don't think the "Attack the Fort" option should even be available in a PBEM game -- if you wouldn't mind double-checking that you really have that option in PBEM, let me know and I'll look into it further.

Eric,

It is ABSOLUTELY availabe in PBEM as that is what I am playing daily now... Provide your e-mail (again) and I will be happy to send you several of the most recent PBEM turns showing this. Given this "AtF" availability, it has certainly impacted strategy on both sides relative to this PBEM game as an unprotected (by fort) City can be taken in one turn by a seiging force as the city garrison typically flees in the QB. And I'm not even sure this is a BAD thing for an unprotected city. Note I have NOT tried to "Attack the Fort" on an actual FORT as I have been typically just bombarding them; chasing out defenders from a fort complex in QB would seem problematic to me given the fort defenses available. If you'd like, I can test to see what happens in the PBEM game under those circumstances...

As a side, this should probably go on the wish list, but it might be rather "cool" if the actual upgraded fort gun could appear centrally in the defensive column of the QB screen as an "artillery piece." I really don't yet know what benefit I am actually getting by upgrading my fort guns...

Regards,
LeBlaque

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 3
RE: Blockade Runners and City Sieges - 7/9/2007 9:55:56 PM   
ericbabe

It would be nice to show the fort guns in Quick Combat more directly, yes.  I'll load a PBEM game and see if I can duplicate attack the fort.  Thanks!

(in reply to LeBlaque)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> Blockade Runners and City Sieges Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI