Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Are you having Campaign Problems?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Are you having Campaign Problems? Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Are you having Campaign Problems? - 6/14/2007 5:41:44 PM   
Jason Petho

Did you try to start a new campaign but it isn't working, or the buttons appear to be moved from where they should be?

Quick Fix: Make sure the campaign file is being saved in the root folder of the game you're playing.

Did you try to start a new campaign in West Front but there appears to be no units?

Quick Fix: Open up a European Campaign, exit and try the original campaign again. There appears to be no rhyme or reason for this, but we're still trying to find a solution.

Jason Petho

Post #: 1
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 6/15/2007 5:57:33 AM   
Digger70

Jason,

When debugging the Night graphics stuff, I realised that the default terrain set has been replaced by the NWE terrain set in fact no matter how many times I edited the old terrain2d.bmp file I couldn't get the changes to trigger on a map.

Perhaps the Campaign Games used this same default for Units and wrote to a default file. Opening a Med or desert Campaign would therefore not trigger it wherese the NWE would

Just an idea

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 2
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 6/16/2007 5:17:28 PM   
Avon123

Hi, Jason et al.

Thought I should flag that the fix on Vista is working 100% well. A lot of positive improvements in game play, such as the modification of the OOB's compared to EFII. One thing I thought you should know, post-patch, the same phantom AT guns problem is persisting: Winter 1941 DG German AT HQ and 4x with 3 Half Tracks each deployed without any guns, on separate occasions AT arriving as reinforcements have the 50mm-unit quantities set to 1. Otherwise pretty good so far.

(in reply to Digger70)
Post #: 3
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 6/16/2007 5:42:48 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Avon123

Hi, Jason et al.

Thought I should flag that the fix on Vista is working 100% well. A lot of positive improvements in game play, such as the modification of the OOB's compared to EFII. One thing I thought you should know, post-patch, the same phantom AT guns problem is persisting: Winter 1941 DG German AT HQ and 4x with 3 Half Tracks each deployed without any guns, on separate occasions AT arriving as reinforcements have the 50mm-unit quantities set to 1. Otherwise pretty good so far.

Ugh. How annoying. I'll keep looking into it. Thanks for letting us know.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Avon123)
Post #: 4
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 6/18/2007 4:40:41 PM   
nabuok

Jason,

This also happens if you select a linked campaign, get to the "save as" option (default is root of c:\) but then CANCEL instead of saving. Any further attempts to load campaigns fail with an error "error loading file - xxxxx.OOB" (where xxxxx is the unit level). Exiting the game and then going back in again cures the problem.

Post #: 5
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 6/29/2007 10:07:59 PM   
british exil

How do I know if my campaign game is being saved in the root folder? I just click on ok when it offers me a folder where the game is to be saved.

I'm not experiencing any problems with Rising Sun or on The East Front. (only that my engineers are having a terrible time clearing the minefields. Losses and disruption(EF))

I'm no rocket scientist when it comes to computer problems, but I'm learning how to solve minor things.

So I'm happy for all the help I can get.

Cheers for now.

Post #: 6
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 6/29/2007 10:13:36 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: british exil

How do I know if my campaign game is being saved in the root folder? I just click on ok when it offers me a folder where the game is to be saved.

I'm not experiencing any problems with Rising Sun or on The East Front. (only that my engineers are having a terrible time clearing the minefields. Losses and disruption(EF))

I'm no rocket scientist when it comes to computer problems, but I'm learning how to solve minor things.

So I'm happy for all the help I can get.

Cheers for now.

It should give you a "Browse" feature to allow you to put the campaign where it should go.

An East Front campaign should go in your East Front folder, a West Front campaign should go in your West Front folder, etc.

The Engineer issue will be resolved in the coming patch.

Jason Petho

(in reply to british exil)
Post #: 7
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 6/29/2007 10:24:54 PM   
british exil

Thanks for the quick response.
I'll try that on Sunday afternoon, as I'm stuck here in middle of Germany with no CS.

See what I was doing wrong. Wanted to play the 101 campaign but choose the EF invasion of Poland one first, as I just had to play a campaign game.

Once again thanks for all the hard work you've putin to make lots of boys happy.

Cheers

Post #: 8
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 6/29/2007 10:37:37 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

Thanks for the quick response.
I'll try that on Sunday afternoon, as I'm stuck here in middle of Germany with no CS.

See what I was doing wrong. Wanted to play the 101 campaign but choose the EF invasion of Poland one first, as I just had to play a campaign game.

Once again thanks for all the hard work you've putin to make lots of boys happy.

Cheers

Actually, I would hold off on playing a campaign until 1.02 is released.. it will fix the East Front campaigns and give you some more toys to play with in your campaign games.

Hopefully it will be available by next week at the latest.

Jason Petho

Post #: 9
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 7/1/2007 11:33:26 PM   
Avon123

Has anyone experienced the following issue: Eastern Front Dynamic Campaign Army Group North

My Battalion level command (I Battalion of 31st Panzer) was reorganised and re-equiped en mass by CS, in late 1943, the FV2 and Pz IIIN were very welcolme... however, this is a completely new battalion not the one developed from the beginning of the game, more alarmingly the new order of battle shows my leader listed, but he no longer appears in the game. At the end of the very next engagement CS is unable to conclude and crashes, the character is un restorable. Dammn..........

Post #: 10
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 7/1/2007 11:40:53 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Avon123

Has anyone experienced the following issue: Eastern Front Dynamic Campaign Army Group North

My Battalion level command (I Battalion of 31st Panzer) was reorganised and re-equiped en mass by CS, in late 1943, the FV2 and Pz IIIN were very welcolme... however, this is a completely new battalion not the one developed from the beginning of the game, more alarmingly the new order of battle shows my leader listed, but he no longer appears in the game. At the end of the very next engagement CS is unable to conclude and crashes, the character is un restorable. Dammn..........

This is a ten year old glitch.. but I think I have fixed it and that fix will be available in the 1.02 patch coming out.

Due to the massive order of battle changes, all existing dynamic campaign games will NOT work with the fix, campaigns will have to start from scratch.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Avon123)
Post #: 11
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 7/2/2007 12:05:39 AM   
Avon123

Thanks for prompt response Jason

Post #: 12
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 7/3/2007 9:33:05 PM   
british exil

Tried the solution you gave me when it came to playing a campaign in WF.
It worked- of course it would after the solution you gave me.
Thanks again.
No problem with having to restart the campaign after installing the new patch.
At the moment I'm learning by playing~~by making mistakes and not forgetting them.

Once again thanks for the valuable help you give us all.

Mathew

Post #: 13
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 7/3/2007 9:46:28 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

Once again thanks for the valuable help you give us all.

No problem, Mathew!

I am pleased to hear it has been sorted out.

Enjoy the gaming experience, and do try playing against a human opponent when you feel up to it!

Jason Petho

Post #: 14
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 7/7/2007 6:42:17 AM   
thrud

I was playing West Front just fine, I copied my campaign files to my desktop (as my battle was about to end and I wanted to be sure to get reenforcements....if I didn't, I would just copy the campaign files from the desktop to the West Front folder and try again).  When I went to start a new West Front campaign, I get the message that there was an error, the game must close, and do I want to notify Microsoft.....that error comes up right away.  I uninstalled Campaign series and reinstalled and applied the patch, but I am still getting the same error....both East Front and Rising Sun work fine.  My system is XP pro/SP2.   Any suggestions?

Post #: 15
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 7/7/2007 6:52:24 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: thrud

I was playing West Front just fine, I copied my campaign files to my desktop (as my battle was about to end and I wanted to be sure to get reenforcements....if I didn't, I would just copy the campaign files from the desktop to the West Front folder and try again).  When I went to start a new West Front campaign, I get the message that there was an error, the game must close, and do I want to notify Microsoft.....that error comes up right away.  I uninstalled Campaign series and reinstalled and applied the patch, but I am still getting the same error....both East Front and Rising Sun work fine.  My system is XP pro/SP2.   Any suggestions?

I think the biggest problem was saving to the desktop. The campaign files must be saved in the West Front folder if you are running a West Front campaign.

Jason Petho

(in reply to thrud)
Post #: 16
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 7/17/2007 6:20:26 PM   
1925frank

I'm having problem with reinforcements.  Please see the thread, "Reinforcement/Releases."  The limited feedback I've gotten is that the problem is unique to my computer, or I guess another way to interpret the response is that I'm not experiencing any problem at all.  I've identified the problem.  What I'm trying to verify is whether it's unique to my computer. 

Post #: 17
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 7/22/2007 9:04:38 PM   
sub jockey

Jason, or who ever in tech-support;

1.) I'm playing East Front in JTCS. Here is the problem; On 12 different DCG games that I started in the career mode, In the OOB, I get the 280mm Rocket Artillery everytime in 1941! Can you look and see what the starting date is for this type of unit. In the old game, I'd get 105mm Towed Artillery with trucks.

2.) Same problem on the Medal awards screen that comes up, I still get -1, space, space, 9. This is on EF, & not so much on WF. I've downloaded the game 3 times, thinking it was a bad download, Its still there.

3.) No-troops coming up for the next mission is still a problem in WF. I find that if, I just left-click the mouse button, in the advertizment screen to go on to the next mission, this doesn't happen as much with no-troops. But if the ad goes on and plays, the problem starts more so than at any other time.

Thank you,
Sub Jockey

P.S. Hope this info helps, and it doesn't slow down the patch coming out.

(in reply to 1925frank)
Post #: 18
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 7/25/2007 8:29:19 PM   
leek

I noticed that on many Campaign games there are only a few units to setup.

Sometimes I have partial units without the HQ which comes in later as a replacement
or sometimes I have a HQ without and units which come in later.

Is this part of the design or am I missing something?

Lee

Post #: 19
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 7/25/2007 8:30:32 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: leek

I noticed that on many Campaign games there are only a few units to setup.

Sometimes I have partial units without the HQ which comes in later as a replacement
or sometimes I have a HQ without and units which come in later.

Is this part of the design or am I missing something?

Lee

That is how Talonsoft decided to code it ... more random than anything based on "mission type". Not quite sure why.

If you played Linked Campaigns you shouldn't run into that issue, unless it was a situation that the LCG designer is creating.

Jason Petho

(in reply to leek)
Post #: 20
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 7/25/2007 8:38:12 PM   
leek

Thank you,

I just wanted make sure I was not going nuts.

By the way I have not tryed the Linked LCG I have only tryed the DCG.
That explaines alot.

That was a super fast response

Lee

Post #: 21
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 7/25/2007 8:44:19 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: leek

Thank you,

I just wanted make sure I was not going nuts.

By the way I have not tryed the Linked LCG I have only tryed the DCG.
That explaines alot.

That was a super fast response

Lee

The LCG's are vastly superior in terms of gameplay than the DCG's. Although scripted, the LCG's are still challenging, you don't have to worry about upgrade problems and bizarre unit placements!

Jason Petho

(in reply to leek)
Post #: 22
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 7/26/2007 5:26:17 PM   
vadersson

Hey gang,

Having been playing LCGs lately, I can echo the comment that the LCGs are a lot of fun and quite challenging.  I have so far gotten only Major Victories, but my losses far exceed my replacements.  I fear that is going to catch up to me soon...

Thanks,
Duncan

Post #: 23
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 7/30/2007 1:37:09 PM   
Gudadantza

I have played the Operation Shoestring two times since I have the Matrix version, and the second battle has a bad date. 8 jul 1944. It must be 1942. The third battle corrects the date.
Im sure its not a cinematographic temporal jump to create dramatism  just a bug.

It is not a problem, just a little glitch easy to correct If you have one minute :)

(in reply to vadersson)
Post #: 24
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 10/22/2007 5:33:16 AM   
sabre1

I tried playing Rommel's Spearhead LCG. I saved the file in the West Front folder, and I got the messed up buttons. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Lance

(in reply to Gudadantza)
Post #: 25
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 10/23/2007 12:43:49 AM   
timshin42

quote:

Campaign

Jason:

Reporting on success with Linked Campaigns:

RS - Operation Shoestring - completed, functioned perfectly.

WF - Screaming Eagles - crashed once on me, but completed campaign successfully (functionally).

EF - On to Berlin - kept crashing on me in first scenario. Started over again. Functioning perfectly, through first scenario, through second scenario. Third scenario --- boats/rafts won't move toward river for river crossing. Instructions found on top of page 122 of JTCS Game Manual (CS FAQ) All conditions met; boats/rafts won't move!!!!!

Your help is urgently requested.

Am now playing EF LC On to Moscow.

Regards,
Harry

timshin42
"Freedom isn't free"

Post #: 26
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 10/23/2007 1:26:20 AM   
timshin42

DISREGARD JASON,

Boats don't drag like normal units. Must right click destination hex to move!

timshin42
"Freedom isn't free"

(in reply to timshin42)
Post #: 27
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 12/4/2007 8:32:16 PM   
Deputy

quote:

ORIGINAL: nabuok

Jason,

This also happens if you select a linked campaign, get to the "save as" option (default is root of c:\) but then CANCEL instead of saving. Any further attempts to load campaigns fail with an error "error loading file - xxxxx.OOB" (where xxxxx is the unit level). Exiting the game and then going back in again cures the problem.

I get a similar problem. Regular campaigns play fine. When I try to start a linked campaign game it tells me to save it in campaign.ccl. When I say okay, I get a scrambled button screen. I tried exiting the game and then going back in, but the problem still is there. Linked campaigns simply AREN'T playable in East, West or Rising Sun. And yes, I have the newest patch installed. :(

Dep

Squad Battles
John Tiller's Campaign Series

(in reply to nabuok)
Post #: 28
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 12/4/2007 8:39:31 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deputy

quote:

ORIGINAL: nabuok

Jason,

I get a similar problem. Regular campaigns play fine. When I try to start a linked campaign game it tells me to save it in campaign.ccl. When I say okay, I get a scrambled button screen. I tried exiting the game and then going back in, but the problem still is there. Linked campaigns simply AREN'T playable in East, West or Rising Sun. And yes, I have the newest patch installed. :(

Dep

They are, Deputy.

When the screen comes up asking you to save it, you have to BROWSE to the proper folder and save it there.

For example:

If you start an EAST FRONT LCG, when asked to save the file, BROWSE to the EAST FRONT FOLDER and save the file there. The Campaign will function normally.

This will be remedied (I am hoping) with the 1.03 update.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 29
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 12/4/2007 8:52:15 PM   
Deputy

Jason: You are the best!!!

I did as you instructed and IT WORKS!!! Thank you!!!

Dep

Squad Battles
John Tiller's Campaign Series

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Are you having Campaign Problems? Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI