Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Rules Clarification List

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Rules Clarification List Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Rules Clarification List - 4/29/2007 2:30:41 AM   
iamspamus

Patrice, you are correct. JA gets their first and then CW gets the leftover. But that's not the issue that he is asking, I think. (I don't have the map in front of me. Say NEI has 4 oil.) I think that his question is as below:

If GE controls the Part, sitting on a 2 oil space, then are those two oil not produced/shipped; thus only allowing the remaining two to go JA and CW gets nothing?

OR

Are those two sent to JA (since the Part is GE controlled) thus the remaining two would be sent to CW?

I'd think the fomer. Correct?

Jason

quote:

ORIGINAL: Froonp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

The choice of phrasing about the NEI oil seems to indicate that 2 oil go to Japan and what ever else remains goes to the CW. If partisans are interfernig with the oil shipments, then the CW suffers - Japan still gets its 2 oil points. I guess the Japanese cried 'dibs' first.

This is right.
Japan is served first, CW takes what's left.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mziln

(First a description of what the NEI is)

13.3.2 US entry options

43. CW reinforces the Netherlands East Indies

“The Netherlands East Indies is a minor country consisting of all the 1939 NEI-controlled hexes in the Bay of Bengal, Bismark Sea, East Indian Ocean, South China Sea and Timor Sea. Its capital is Batavia.”

Now lets pour some gasoline on the fire. Here is the scenario:

5.1 Trade agreements

Netherlands

The Netherlands must supply Japan with 2 oil resources a turn. This continues until Japan is at war with either the Netherlands or the Commonwealth, or the US embargoes oil sales to Japan (see 13.3.2, entry option 31).

A neutral Netherlands must supply the CW with all its remaining oil.

Option 31 Oil embargo has not been implemented.

With Germany is controlling the partisans in the NEI.

Would a "red partisan" is in Palembang block only the shipments of oil from the NEI to the CW?

With The CW are controlling the partisans in the NEI.

Would "red partisans" in Palembang, Balikpapan, and Tarakan block only the shipments of oil from the NEI to Japan?

if 2 oil cannot be shipped to Japan will this also block oil shipments to the CW from the NEI?

Does China or Japan control partisans in the NEI if the Netherlands is conquered?

“Partisans in ‘red’ countries are controlled by the nearest major power currently at war with the major power that controls the country. The nearest is the major power whose capital city is closest to the minor’s capital city. If no major powers are at war with the controlling major power, then the nearest major power on the other side runs the partisans.”

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 211
RE: Rules Clarification List - 4/29/2007 9:12:00 AM   
Froonp

quote:

Patrice, you are correct. JA gets their first and then CW gets the leftover. But that's not the issue that he is asking, I think. (I don't have the map in front of me. Say NEI has 4 oil.) I think that his question is as below:

If GE controls the Part, sitting on a 2 oil space, then are those two oil not produced/shipped; thus only allowing the remaining two to go JA and CW gets nothing?

OR

Are those two sent to JA (since the Part is GE controlled) thus the remaining two would be sent to CW?

I'd think the fomer. Correct?

Sorry for misunderstanding.

I think the latter, because trade agreements HAVE to be respected if possible. The latter case allows for both agreements to be respected, the former does not, so the latter must be chosen.

(in reply to iamspamus)
Post #: 212
RE: Rules Clarification List - 4/29/2007 9:17:45 AM   
Froonp

On the other hand, PART deny the hex owner the benefits of owning the hex, so the NEI per see does not control those 2 OIL anymore.
So the NEI can only decide to ship the 2 others OIL, and the NEI is obliged to ship them to Japan.
The 2 OILS that are in the PART's hex are no longer controlled by the NEI.

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 213
RE: Rules Clarification List - 4/29/2007 9:35:38 AM   
Mziln

quote:

ORIGINAL:  Frederyck

I hope you are only implying that Eastern Poland is a Territory *after* the USSR claims it. Before this happens there is only a single nation - Poland, with a capital. The construction of Eastern Poland was something invented for the Ribbentrop-Molotov pact.

And I think I agree with you, which is why I posed this very question in post 92, albeit asking the other way round (whether Eastern Poland was part of the Polish home country).

Yup. Eastern Poland will only exist when conquered.

I admit I have had time to reflect on my little scenario with the “red partisans” and the NEI and it is a complex one and I apologize.

But here is how I see it.

Germany incompletely conquers the Netherlands when Amsterdam is captured.

Germany controls the “red partisans” until Germany completely conquers the Netherlands or Japan conquers the NEI by capturing Batavia.

Japan would control the “red partisans” when Germany completely conquers the Netherlands and Japan has not captured Batavia.

China would control the “red partisans” when the Axis have captured Batavia.

The CW never controls the “red partisans” unless they DoW on the Netherlands or NEI. They can control the NEI and its units but the “red partisans” are against anyone who controls the NEI.

No the “red partisans” do not block the shipments of oil from the NEI to the CW because the Netherlands are at war. The oil goes to the Netherlands (if the partisans arn't sitting on them and yes Japan gets their 2 oil first). I missed this too the first time around and I apologize for that.

I would let the CW control the Netherlands. Then I could then choose Britain as the Netherlands new home country.

Incomplete conquest

“Conquered minor countries can pick either any home country of their controlling major power or any home country that the minor country itself controls”.

< Message edited by Mziln -- 4/29/2007 10:28:25 AM >

(in reply to iamspamus)
Post #: 214
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/2/2007 11:27:51 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

There are some naval units in the game with identical names. This happens for the Finns and for the Yugoslavians. Since one of the matching units is a Cruiser and the other is a Light Cruiser, can I assume that the Cruiser is not used when the Cruisers in Flames optional rule is in effect? Cruisers in Flames adds all the Light Cruisers.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Mziln)
Post #: 215
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/2/2007 11:46:47 PM   
Froonp

quote:

There are some naval units in the game with identical names. This happens for the Finns and for the Yugoslavians. Since one of the matching units is a Cruiser and the other is a Light Cruiser, can I assume that the Cruiser is not used when the Cruisers in Flames optional rule is in effect? Cruisers in Flames adds all the Light Cruisers.

Not that I would like to contradict our beloved game developper , but...

The Dalmacija exist in 2 versions in WiF FE. One belongs to WiF FE (CS24) and is a CL, and the other belongs to SiF (CS19) and is a CA. When SiF is in use, the WiF FE Classic ships are no more in use, so the Dalmacija from CS24 is not in use in MWiF (and is not in the game).
This Dalmacija CL is not part of CLiF, and anyway is not included in the MWiF neither, but anyway, you're right that CL included in MWiF (which are CL from CLiF, not CL fro WiF FE Classic) should not be in the game if the CLiF option is not selected.

The Vainamoinen exist in 4 versions.
- The first, is the LiF (CS25, 1998) version, depicting it as a BB class (1st cycle cost 2 BP).
- The second, is the CLiF (CS36, 2003) version, depicting it as a CL class (1st cycle cost 1 BP).
- The 3rd and 4th are on the latest CS23 (2007), both depicted as a BB class ship. One is WiF FE Classic scaled, the other is SiF Scaled, and is accompanied by its sistership the Ilnamoinen.

I think that only the latest should be kept (at SiF scale). The MWiF datafiles will be updated soon to include the 2007 counters, and I intend (if you agree with me) to have the Vainamoinen & Ilnamoinen appear in these data as the latest CS show them. As a last note, all versions of the Vainamoinen have the same factors, only the build cost are differents.

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 216
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/3/2007 1:17:47 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

quote:

Not that I would like to contradict our beloved game developper , but...

The Dalmacija exist in 2 versions in WiF FE. One belongs to WiF FE (CS24) and is a CL, and the other belongs to SiF (CS19) and is a CA. When SiF is in use, the WiF FE Classic ships are no more in use, so the Dalmacija from CS24 is not in use in MWiF (and is not in the game).
This Dalmacija CL is not part of CLiF, and anyway is not included in the MWiF neither, but anyway, you're right that CL included in MWiF (which are CL from CLiF, not CL fro WiF FE Classic) should not be in the game if the CLiF option is not selected.

The Vainamoinen exist in 4 versions.
- The first, is the LiF (CS25, 1998) version, depicting it as a BB class (1st cycle cost 2 BP).
- The second, is the CLiF (CS36, 2003) version, depicting it as a CL class (1st cycle cost 1 BP).
- The 3rd and 4th are on the latest CS23 (2007), both depicted as a BB class ship. One is WiF FE Classic scaled, the other is SiF Scaled, and is accompanied by its sistership the Ilnamoinen.

I think that only the latest should be kept (at SiF scale). The MWiF datafiles will be updated soon to include the 2007 counters, and I intend (if you agree with me) to have the Vainamoinen & Ilnamoinen appear in these data as the latest CS show them. As a last note, all versions of the Vainamoinen have the same factors, only the build cost are differents.

Yes.

Are there any other naval counters/units with identical names I need to worry about? The program has a built-in assumption that the names of all the naval units are unique.

Steve

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 217
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/3/2007 5:27:03 AM   
paulderynck

quote:

Are there any other naval counters/units with identical names I need to worry about?

There are a number of divisions that have had iterations in several counter sheets, and only one should be in a game of WIFFE, per Patrice's excellent excel counter lists. If memory serves:
The Brit 50th Motorized Inf.
The French 3 DRM Armour
The Italian Trento Motorized Inf.
...there may be others.

Post #: 218
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/3/2007 6:23:42 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

quote:

Are there any other naval counters/units with identical names I need to worry about?

There are a number of divisions that have had iterations in several counter sheets, and only one should be in a game of WIFFE, per Patrice's excellent excel counter lists. If memory serves:
The French 3 DRM Armour
...there may be others.

It is only the HQ and naval units that need unique names. I know the 67 HQs are all unique. The names for land and air units do not need to be unique.

Steve

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 219
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/3/2007 9:09:28 AM   
Froonp

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

quote:

The French 3 DRM Armour
...there may be others.

With the new CS23, this problem has been solved, as the units who had a duplicate name are changed to other names.

Post #: 220
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/4/2007 4:43:27 AM   
paulderynck

quote:

With the new CS23, this problem has been solved, as the units who had a duplicate name are changed to other names.

If the units are in the game but don't have duplicate names, then that implies they are all used. But in the examples I gave I'm sure I found in your spreadsheet that not all are supposed to be used. Thus we thought we were giving some powers an advantage by allowing them more Divs then they should have had.

Sorry, but now I'm more confused then I thought I was.

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 221
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/4/2007 7:00:54 AM   
composer99

I think you actually could play with a number of duplicate divisions (French MECH divs come to mind for some reason).

But that has been cleared up.

Speaking of the new counter sheets & all - I got my brand new WiF with the lot at the post office (I had to pick it up from there to pay customs) on Tuesday.

~ Composer99

Post #: 222
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/4/2007 7:31:41 AM   
Froonp

quote:

But in the examples I gave I'm sure I found in your spreadsheet that not all are supposed to be used.

Yes, I had marked them in "my" spreadsheet (that is not mine) as not used, because I found not logical to play with 2 GGFF DIV, 2 50 MOT DIV, etc...
Moreover, the first came out in a CS made in 1995 (CS23), when FE was not even out, and the next came out in 1997 with the FE (on CS15). For me the latter were replacements for the former, especially when you think that the first CS15 published (1994) had other divisions on it, and that they were changed on purpose as duplicates of those of CS23 (look at http://perso.orange.fr/froon/WiF/counters/CSH15.html for a history of CS15).
Whatever, Harry cleared this whole mess by finally updating this old / out of date / anachronic countersheet 23 with a new more current one.

Post #: 223
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/6/2007 2:30:28 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

I am still trying to puzzle out duplicate names for naval units when the Cruisers in Flames units are added to the list of units. This comes up because I am working on getting the country setups correct for all the scenarios.

As a simple case, Rumania starts Barbarossa with
1 - a CA Destroyer Flotilla when playing without Cruisers in Flames and
2 - a CL Destroyer Flotilla instead when playing with Cruisers in Flames.

The counter sheets only have one counter for this, so I assume that in the first instance the unit is treated as a CA and in the second instance as a CL. None of the numbers would change(?). Do I need to change the unit type internally, or doesn't that make any difference?

Steve

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 224
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/6/2007 3:06:02 AM   
Froonp

quote:

I am still trying to puzzle out duplicate names for naval units when the Cruisers in Flames units are added to the list of units. This comes up because I am working on getting the country setups correct for all the scenarios.

The counter sheets only have one counter for this, so I assume that in the first instance the unit is treated as a CA and in the second instance as a CL. None of the numbers would change(?). Do I need to change the unit type internally, or doesn't that make any difference?

I think that there is a misunderstanding here, about Light Cruisers.

WiF FE Classic had Cruisers on CS1-6. These never were part of CWiF nor MWiF, as they included SiF in a mandatory way.
CLiF introduced CL to the game. These were added to MWiF, and are part of the game if the player chooses the option.

Now to Rumania. Rumania had a CL in WiF FE Classic, but it never was part of the Computer game. Rumania has no CL on the CLiF sheet (CS36). Rumania has a Destroyer Flotilla (as a CA) on SiF, and this is this counter that is included in MWiF, and only this one.

There is no "Destroyer Flotilla" counter on CS36 (CLiF).

So, to answer the question, Rumania starts the Barbarossa scenario with the Destroyer Flotilla counter whatever the CLiF option is, as this is not a CLiF counter.

Post #: 225
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/6/2007 3:48:50 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

quote:

I think that there is a misunderstanding here, about Light Cruisers.

WiF FE Classic had Cruisers on CS1-6. These never were part of CWiF nor MWiF, as they included SiF in a mandatory way.
CLiF introduced CL to the game. These were added to MWiF, and are part of the game if the player chooses the option.

Now to Rumania. Rumania had a CL in WiF FE Classic, but it never was part of the Computer game. Rumania has no CL on the CLiF sheet (CS36). Rumania has a Destroyer Flotilla (as a CA) on SiF, and this is this counter that is included in MWiF, and only this one.

There is no "Destroyer Flotilla" counter on CS36 (CLiF).

So, to answer the question, Rumania starts the Barbarossa scenario with the Destroyer Flotilla counter whatever the CLiF option is, as this is not a CLiF counter.

I realize that there is no CL counter in the CLIF countersheet for the Destroyer Flotilla. However, the WIF FE set-ups (Section 30) for Germany lists both CL-Dest Flot (R) and CA - Dest Flot (R), with the latter for when playing with SIF. There is a badly worded rule that also seems to relate to this in Section 24.1.6: "(not in SIF)".

Steve

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 226
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/6/2007 10:47:17 AM   
Froonp

quote:

I realize that there is no CL counter in the CLIF countersheet for the Destroyer Flotilla. However, the WIF FE set-ups (Section 30) for Germany lists both CL-Dest Flot (R) and CA - Dest Flot (R), with the latter for when playing with SIF. There is a badly worded rule that also seems to relate to this in Section 24.1.6: "(not in SIF)".

This also comes from the fact that CLs in the Setup charts are not distinguished whether they come from WiF FE Classic or from CLiF.
I always assumed that all WiF FE Classic CLs were included also in CLiF, but this is wrong with the Destroyer Flotillas of Rumania, Portugal & Poland.

For MWiF, I think that there simply should be no CL setup in games where the players ruled CLiF option out, and they should be setup if the option is chosen. For the case where you find in the setup charts a duplicate name like here, you should just check in the countermix of MWiF (I do that if you want) if the counter is really a duplicate or not. I believe that there are no more duplicate names now in the MWiF countermix.

Post #: 227
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/6/2007 1:48:59 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

quote:

This also comes from the fact that CLs in the Setup charts are not distinguished whether they come from WiF FE Classic or from CLiF.
I always assumed that all WiF FE Classic CLs were included also in CLiF, but this is wrong with the Destroyer Flotillas of Rumania, Portugal & Poland.

For MWiF, I think that there simply should be no CL setup in games where the players ruled CLiF option out, and they should be setup if the option is chosen. For the case where you find in the setup charts a duplicate name like here, you should just check in the countermix of MWiF (I do that if you want) if the counter is really a duplicate or not. I believe that there are no more duplicate names now in the MWiF countermix.

I'll just make the executive decision to ignore references to CL in the setup charts for WIF exclusive of Cruisers in Flames (e.g., CL Java). In all the cases that I have encountered so far, there is a CA with the same name (e.g., CA Java) that is in the coutner mix for WIF (sans Cruisers in Flames).

--------------
Besides the Dutch, there are Danish and Norwegian naval units assigned to the CW in later scenarios. Given that Iceland is Danish, then Denmark is incompletely conquered. But Norway is completely conquered (I believe).

Steve

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 228
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/6/2007 4:00:12 PM   
Froonp

quote:

Besides the Dutch, there are Danish and Norwegian naval units assigned to the CW in later scenarios. Given that Iceland is Danish, then Denmark is incompletely conquered. But Norway is completely conquered (I believe).

Iceland & Greenland are both Territories, so Denmark is completely conquered when Copehaguen falls.
Norway controls no Minor Country, so Norway is always completely conquered when Oslo falls.

Minor Countries that control other Minor Countries :
Portugal --> Angola, Mozambique, Portuguese Guinea
Spain --> Spanish Sahara, Spanish Morocco (Er Rif)
Netherlands --> Netherland East Indies, Dutch Guyana
Belgium --> Belgian Congo

Only those can be incompletely conquered.

Post #: 229
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/6/2007 8:30:48 PM   
trees

maybe the 'Classic' ships can be identified with both ship names, so the Vainamoinen, 'Classic' version, could be the 'Vainamoinen/Ilamoinen' (apologies on the spelling, don't have it in front of me, and I'm of Finnish descent even). Similary, the Arizona could be the 'Arizona/Oklahoma' (if that's the combo) and then each and every ship counter would again have a unique name. ???

(I was just staring at the Finnish ships on Patrice's website the other day, I think one factor does change on the 'Classic' counter, maybe AA?)

< Message edited by trees -- 5/6/2007 8:33:31 PM >

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 230
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/10/2007 2:07:13 PM   
Frederyck

Simple question: can you choose Bounce combat during Bounce combat?

Would this chain of event be correct?

The Inactive side is CW, and he has a single LND (A2A value 0) in the air combat. The active side is Germany with a lone FTR (A2A value 4 - and 5 in Bounce combat).

1. The inactive side (CW) rolls two dice and adds them together getting 11.
2. Locate the result on the air-to-air combat table and implement it. This gives a DC in the -4 column. The German player chooses Bounce combat. This interrupts the normal sequence of combat ("you interrupt the air-to-air combat sequence to immediately fight a bounce combat") and you fight a separate bounce combat.

Bounce Combat I
2.1 The Inactive side (CW) rolls two dice and adds them together, rolling 11 again.
2.2 Locate the result on the air-to-air combat table and implement it. This gives a DC in the -5 column. The German player chooses Bounce combat. This interrupts the normal sequence of combat ("you interrupt the air-to-air combat sequence to immediately fight a bounce combat") and you fight a separate bounce combat.

Bounce Combat II
2.2.1 The Inactive side (CW) rolls two dice and adds them together, rolling 2.
2.2.2 Locate the result on the air-to-air combat table and implement it. This gives a DX. The German FTR is shot down and the Pilot survives.
2.2.3 The active side (Germany) rolls two dice and adds them together. Germany rolls 12.
2.2.4 This gives no effect in the +5 column.
2.2.5 Germany does not want to abort
2.2.6 CW does not want to abort

2.3 The active side (Germany) rolls two dice and adds them together. Germany rolls 12.
2.4 This gives no effect in the +5 column.
2.5 Germany does not want to abort
2.6 CW does not want to abort

3. The active side (Germany) rolls two dice and adds them together. He rolls 12.
4. This gives no effect in the +4 column.
5. No abort.
6. CW naturally does not want to abort.

< Message edited by Frederyck -- 5/10/2007 2:29:20 PM >

(in reply to trees)
Post #: 231
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/10/2007 2:15:48 PM   
Froonp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Frederyck

Simple question: can you choose Bounce combat during Bounce combat?

I'd say no, but the rule does not say neither yes nor no.
A litteral reading will conclude it say yes, but given what a bounce is, I'd say that bouncing planes are already bouncing, so they can't bounce nothing more.
Bouncing means that the planes found an opening in the enemy defensive screen, and fell upon enemy planes taking them offguard.

(in reply to Frederyck)
Post #: 232
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/10/2007 2:29:16 PM   
Frederyck

That is how we play it, but I re-read the rules last night for clarity and found no mention of it not being allowed.

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 233
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/10/2007 8:56:36 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

Part of the rule says that the results of bounce combat only affect the two air units engaged in the bounce combat. So, if there were a bounce within a bounce, it would mean that those 2 air units engage in combat a second time.

But the bounce rule also says "These two aircraft fight one round of air-to-air combat." From that I would gather that the intent of the rule is that bounce comabt is a single round of combat between these two air units, and that a bounce within a bounce would violate the intent of the rule and perhaps the legalese interpretation as well.

Steve

(in reply to Frederyck)
Post #: 234
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/10/2007 10:03:19 PM   
composer99

Given the passage Steve has cited, my own opinion would be that you fight your one round of bounce combat and that's it.

The "two aircraft fight one round of air-to-air combat" seems pretty unambiguous to me, although I agree that perhaps adding a line in parantheses about further bounce combats resulting from the actual bounce combat being prohibited would make certain there is no room for misinterpretation.

~ Composer99

Post #: 235
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/10/2007 10:47:26 PM   
Froonp

quote:

ORIGINAL: composer99
The "two aircraft fight one round of air-to-air combat" seems pretty unambiguous to me, although I agree that perhaps adding a line in parantheses about further bounce combats resulting from the actual bounce combat being prohibited would make certain there is no room for misinterpretation.

And no room neither in your bookcase, with the WiF FE complete and unambiguous rules taking 10 volumes of 1000 pages each .
The human mind is such that what will be attempted to be complete and unambiguous will be understood another way by someone, who will then ask for another bit to be added, etc, etc, ad infinitum...

I believe that a lot of common sense must be used when playing wargames, WiF FE included, and that we must not confuse the rulebook with a text of law. Our rulebook has to have a page number small enough for the game to be published and played, which is not an issue for law writters.

Given the real life explanation of what a bounce is in air to air combat (I see it as a group of fighters piercing the defenses of the escorting fighters and taking enemy aircrafts offguard, taking advantage of surprise to inflict damage, and run before the defenders are there), there is IMO not ambiguity that a bounce within a bounce is not logical.

(in reply to composer99)
Post #: 236
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/11/2007 7:05:14 AM   
composer99

Yes, a fully written WiF rulebook with every loophole attended to would be pretty massive. As it is, we just have to get by on our own "Oral Law" tradition, relying on the occasional "hadith" from Harry.

Now was that syncretist, or what?

~ Composer99

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 237
RE: Rules Clarification List - 5/11/2007 11:17:44 AM   
Frederyck

quote:

And no room neither in your bookcase, with the WiF FE complete and unambiguous rules taking 10 volumes of 1000 pages each .

I'd buy it. 10 volumes a 1000 pages is a mere 10 000 pages. I'll just have to chuck my wife's David Eddings collection and there would be ample space for the rules.

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 238
RE: Rules Clarification List - 7/10/2007 1:01:38 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

I have been reading the code for ATRs vis-a-vis optional rules (part of my quest to determine which optioanl rules have been coded, document them, and build a list of optional rules yet to be coded).

Currently the code interprets the deselection of Bombers-as-ATRs (i.e., the option is not in effect) to eliminate the No Para symbols from all ATRs. The result is that all ATRs can perform paradrops when the Bombers-as-ATRs option is turned off.

This doesn't seem correct to me. Your opinion and/or advice?

Steve

(in reply to Frederyck)
Post #: 239
RE: Rules Clarification List - 7/10/2007 3:17:29 AM   
Mziln

quote:

I have been reading the code for ATRs vis-a-vis optional rules (part of my quest to determine which optioanl rules have been coded, document them, and build a list of optional rules yet to be coded).

Currently the code interprets the deselection of Bombers-as-ATRs (i.e., the option is not in effect) to eliminate the No Para symbols from all ATRs. The result is that all ATRs can perform paradrops when the Bombers-as-ATRs option is turned off.

This doesn't seem correct to me. Your opinion and/or advice?

I think the selected option you are talking about is:

Units other than ATR’s can Air Transport and Paradrop, and some ATR’s cannot paradrop.

Please note by selecting this option "some ATR’s cannot paradrop" comes into effect.

Deselection would mean all ATR's (and only ATR's) can perform Air re-supply, Air transport, and Paradrop missions.

< Message edited by Mziln -- 7/10/2007 3:22:58 AM >

Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Rules Clarification List Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI